Had an Fuel Economy Test Done

nmadole

AMEN! :worship:

I was only saying that the discrepancy between the EPA and a semi-controlled dealer test was 37 to 47 not 30 to 47. You can't compare normal driving to a controlled test and even the dealer test is only loosely controlled.

The only way to really tell if this is an individual car problem is for the dealer to run the same test on multiple vehicles and compare them.

Very good points. Ill keep saving my dollars and eating from the dollar menu for now and watch to see how these MPG issues pan out. I love the shape of the car and I sit well in it. But I dont want to jump from one big issue to another. Good luck to the OP.

My wife's 2013 Escape Titanium 2.0 fwd Only gets 25 (rated 30) at 65 mph. My 2013 F150 5.0 gets 23 at 65mph (rated at 21) What's wrong with this picture? The 5000 pound 5.0 v8 truck gets only 2 mpg less than the 4000 pound Escape with a 2.0?

I know for a fact driving habits. I drive quick, my wife doesnt. However I have pointed out on numerous occasions how she accelerate up to stop lights and such.

On my Sonata, that little quick MPG gauge really showed how awful I was with the gas pedal. I still drive quick but I am way less herky jerky on the gas pedal and that has helped a lot in my case.

I know for a fact driving habits. I drive quick, my wife doesnt. However I have pointed out on numerous occasions how she accelerate up to stop lights and such.

On my Sonata, that little quick MPG gauge really showed how awful I was with the gas pedal. I still drive quick but I am way less herky jerky on the gas pedal and that has helped a lot in my case.

Same here.

My wife puts and I zoom.

You would think she would beat me in MPG.... WRONG

Her right foot is constantly moving, she jackrabbits from ALL stops, etc.

When I'm not even trying I beat her 1 or more MPG.

And on a related subject... an ex-co worker has to change his wifes brakes once a year.

She's a left foot breaker, can't even imagine how BAD her MPG is.

Maybe the OP is a left foot breaker :rockon: , a lot of them don't even know they are pushing on the brake most of the time.

ab

Edited by abjb

Same here.

My wife puts and I zoom.

You would think she would beat me in MPG.... WRONG

Her right foot is constantly moving, she jackrabbits from ALL stops, etc.

When I'm not even trying I beat her 1 or more MPG.

And on a related subject... an ex-co worker has to change his wifes brakes once a year.

She's a left foot breaker, can't even imagine how BAD her MPG is.

Maybe the OP is a left foot breaker :rockon: , a lot of them don't even know they are pushing on the brake most of the time.

ab

This thread is about my the DEALERSHIP's test, not about how I drive... Did you read the OP?

I had a fuel economy test completed by my dealership today... There diagnostic software said my car Averaged 37MPG over 1hour and 15minutes of Driving. The Digital readout read 34 MPG (3 MPG disparity)

Next step is waiting to hear back from the Regional Customer Service manager.... wonder what she will say??

Anyone else have this done?

Yes, you get 30.0 the dealership gets 37.0?

Yes, you get 30.0 the dealership gets 37.0?

My driving is short, cold trips in hilly land. My car said the dealership test was 34MPG not 37MPG... I suspect they warmed my car before driving it... which will skew the test in their favor... There test was BEST CASE senario where I live.. they took flat city roads and flat 55 MPH country roads...