Condensation on the spare tire?

Morcelu

A couple of days after I picked up my Fusion, I was looking under the trunk floor at the spare tire and noticed that it was covered in condensation. I didn't think much of it as it had been raining a lot recently, so i toweled it off and moved on. However, I looked again tonight and the condensation is back. Has anyone experienced this? Is it something I should be worried about, or contact the dealer about?

I haven't checked my spare tire but condensation was forming on the inside of my front windshield. I have left the defrost on all the time and the condensation stopped. The manual had some suggest for this issue but I have never had this issue with any other car I have owned. I just thought it was weird. I'm going to check my spare.

The regular Fusion (at least my 2.0L Ecoboost) as a regular donut under the carpet in the trunk. It makes sense that the Hybrid doesn't have one, there isn't any room with the batteries.

There's plenty of room in the Hybrid as well. They just decided to put a foam insert there instead of the spare. You can actually remove that foam insert and put a spare there (or so I read somewhere). I'm assuming the weight was too much.

There's plenty of room in the Hybrid as well. They just decided to put a foam insert there instead of the spare. You can actually remove that foam insert and put a spare there (or so I read somewhere). I'm assuming the weight was too much.

Ahh. I haven't actually looked in the hybrid trunk so I was guessing. Then yeah, that makes sense. When I test drove the Hyundai Sonata they actually told me that was a feature to save weight. But really, how much does a donut really weigh, 15 lbs?

Ahh. I haven't actually looked in the hybrid trunk so I was guessing. Then yeah, that makes sense. When I test drove the Hyundai Sonata they actually told me that was a feature to save weight. But really, how much does a donut really weigh, 15 lbs?

I got the se hybrid and it has some sort of air pump and a gas filler nozzle under the trunk carpet where the spare should be. Dealer said I have run flat tires, so not sure what I'd need a pump for.

I haven't checked my spare tire but condensation was forming on the inside of my front windshield. I have left the defrost on all the time and the condensation stopped. The manual had some suggest for this issue but I have never had this issue with any other car I have owned. I just thought it was weird. I'm going to check my spare.

This is extremely discouraging to hear. I have a 2011 Sonata Limited that I am about to throw out the window due to this exact issue. Obviously the dealers favorite response is "Cant duplicate" and I have been given instructions on how to use the defroster...WT....

Could someone publish the "suggestions" the manual has. I was rationalizing how trading in a two year old car on a Fusion Ti would be worth my constant frustration of coming out in the morning to a windshield of condensation; but this comment really halts me in my tracks....