2014 Mustang

mettech

I suppose it's in case someone comes on this forum and asks if there's any information on the 2014s.

I was actually on there yesterday and was wondering if Ford is updating the site piecemeal. It shows that the Boss is no longer an option. However, it still shows the Gotta-Have-It Green as a color choice. Also, the prices remained the same as the 2013. Furthermore, when you download the "2014" brochure, it brings up the 2013 brochure.

I suppose it may take some time for it to be completely updated?

Speaking of which...any updated ordering guide, ice?

• 2 weeks later...

No new updates for the 2014 Mustang as the car just started production last week. The Boss 302 will not be available for the 2014 Model Year. There was about a $400 increase on the 2013 Mustang GT as of December 26th along with increases for many other vehicle lines. There were also increases on the freight charges for a number of the truck and SUV lines. It's common for prices to be increased at the end of the model year so that they can show minimal price increases at the start of the new model year.

The 2014 Mustang print brochures are not yet available for order and it will probably be some time before the .PDF versions are available as they're always notoriuosly late!

• 3 weeks later...

Does ford get the freight charges, or is it passed fully to the carriers? Always wondered, as it seems on some cars the shippers might be making more than the manufacturers :)

When i ordered the first 06 mustang, DD was like 600, the replacement ordered right after it was 750, now its like over a grand...always wondered if ford set that, or the hauling companies

Ford negotiates freight services directly with the rail carriers and the companies that haul the cars from the final rail destination to the dealerships. For a number of years all the vehicles headed to our store in CT were shipped by rail to a ramp in RI and then loaded on carriers for delivery to stores in CT. Last summer Ford started send everything to the Newark, NJ ramp and now the company (United Road) hauling the vehicles travels twice the distance to our store compared to Diversified Automotive which hauled the vehicle from RI. Diversified's drivers and equipment were the best I've seen in 27 years! The consensus from drivers I've talked to is that Ford found it cheaper to off-load the cars in Newark, NJ. What Ford actually pays to the rail carriers and transport companies is anyone's guess.

Can anyone tell me if any of the accessory packages for the 2014 GT premium included a hood scoop. I ordered my car last November and the dealer tried to find out for me if what I ordered has a hood scoop, it was something I really wanted. He didn't ever give me a definitive answer. I guess in a few weeks I will know for sure when the car comes in. Any insight would be great. The accessory packaged I ordered was 5.

Can anyone tell me if any of the accessory packages for the 2014 GT premium included a hood scoop. I ordered my car last November and the dealer tried to find out for me if what I ordered has a hood scoop, it was something I really wanted. He didn't ever give me a definitive answer. I guess in a few weeks I will know for sure when the car comes in. Any insight would be great. The accessory packaged I ordered was 5.

None of the GT Premium accessorary packages include a hood scoop. The various packages content is clearly stated in the order guide which your Dealer should have been aware of. The best option is to have one of Ford's aftermarket hood scoops installed.

Thanks for the info, hate to end up being disappointed when are arrives so I was trying to get a heads up. Received and email from Ford Customer Service that the car shipped today and has an ETA to the dealer of 3-4. Very excited even without a hood scoop!! Is the dealer the best source for the aftermarket parts or are they going to refer to me somewhere else?

The Mustang accessories... side vents, spoilers, etc. are readily available through any Ford Dealer's parts departments. From my experience with the many Mustangs that our dealership has worked on, these parts are shipped primed but not painted. If your dealership has a good body shop department they're probably your best souce to provide you with the hood scoop installation you want. If you need a hood scoop that's not available directly from Ford your dealership should still be available to assist you with options available from the many other suppliers.

• 2 months later...

2014 Mustang Price Increase... Effective May 2, 2013

• V6 $0
  • V6 Premium $100
  • GT $150
  • GT Premium $250
  • Shelby GT500 $150

2013MY Edge and 2014MY Mustang, Taurus and Flex units invoiced prior to May 2, 2013 will not be reinvoiced.

Automatic price protection will be provided on:

• Firm 2013 and 2014-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before

May 1, 2013, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before May 1, 2013.

• 4 weeks later...

I just reordered my 2014 Mustang GT Convertible. I had to reorder it since the one that was built for me did not have the comfort package that I ordered. I understand that the Ford Regional Sales Rep placed a priority on the reorder but I'm not sure how that will affect delivery. I was kind of disappointed that I could not post on the forum to find the status of the Mustang. I guess I have to have 10 good posts (not sure what a good or bad post is) before I can post there. I was hoping that just ordering a $45K car would be qualification enough to ask the status... oh well.