Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Could be. I have been trying to time it to pick it up on May 10th. I even have that day off of work. But we shall see.

From what I have seen on these forums, anything can happen. The good part is that all the cars seem to be making progress now.

I feel bad for those who ordered last year, and are still waiting for delivery. That must be hell !!!

Anyway, maybe I will get mine first, or maybe it will take a train to Chicago or something first lol, who knows.

Hopefully it will go straight to California :)

Too bad you can't drive down and pick it up! Although I would perhaps be concerned over some banditos along the way. :shift:

I am guessing 3 weeks for me. My current 2011 was built April 15th, and was delivered to the dealer on May 2nd. So, if things hold true this time, I should see an ETA of May 6th or 9th. (The dealer usually gets trucks on Mondays and Thursdays). Funny, these days are nearly identical to last order. I ordered that car on March 3rd, this one, March 7th. (Both Thursdays)

I guess time will tell!

Question for those in the know, or those that have received your cars... I ordered a Titanium Hybrid in January (Sterling Gray). My VIN was assigned in mid March and my car hit the assembly line on March 27. An "ETA" has never been assigned to it. According to my dealer, it is built (has been for over a week) and sitting on the lot in Mexico, still with no ETA.

Is it normal for a car to not have an ETA despite being built? How long are people seeing cars sitting on the lots in Mexico before transportation begins?

Just getting excited! Any my buddy who loaned me his car wants it back again... Probably should not have sold my old car so fast. :)

Question for those in the know, or those that have received your cars... I ordered a Titanium Hybrid in January (Sterling Gray). My VIN was assigned in mid March and my car hit the assembly line on March 27. An "ETA" has never been assigned to it. According to my dealer, it is built (has been for over a week) and sitting on the lot in Mexico, still with no ETA.

Is it normal for a car to not have an ETA despite being built? How long are people seeing cars sitting on the lots in Mexico before transportation begins?

Just getting excited! Any my buddy who loaned me his car wants it back again... Probably should not have sold my old car so fast. :)

I wouldn't say it is normal, but sometimes there are quality holds on cars. Yours might be one that they caught something during their check and it is awaiting adjustment/repair/etc. I don't think that those kinds of holds show up.

There are some people on here who had cars sitting for at least a couple of weeks before they moved. There was also an apparent shortage of rail cars in the past, but that has been resolved to my knowledge.

Pick up my Hi-Ty last night. Much to learn on the My-Touch system. Ride is not as soft as the 2010 FFH I had. Probably because of the 18" tires vs. the 17" tires I had previously. Fun to drive, bouncing off the lines with the lane assist. Good luck to everyone waiting for thiers to come in. It was worth the wait. TaylorJD, thanks for the spreadsheet. :victory:

Congratulations!

• Like 1

Cars will get on a train without an ETA. There was not an ETA available when I first got my rail car #

My car is 70% of the way here and doesn't have an ETA yet. Probably due to the fact that it has spent the last two days being shuffled around the train yard south of Chicago where Union Pacific hands the railcar off to CSX for the rest of the trip. Hopefully after it is underway on the CSX system there will be an ETA.

Yes, I was surprised that my build week was so fast, and I think that is the reason. They are trying to get all the Ruby's in the same week!!

I still don't even have a vin :tumbleweed: :cry: No Ruby red for me.

My car was built 3/22 and not shipped until 3/30 all of the other cars except 2 (mine was one of them ) were shipped the day after they were built,

They are not going to ship a partially filled railcar. A railcar holds between 10 and 15 automobiles depending on the size of the automobiles. They need enough automobiles going in the same direction before they will load a railcar. There also has been a shortage of railcars but that is supposed to be alleviated by April 15.

That probably explains why mine went to Chicago when there is a more direct route from Hermosillo to Philadelphia, PA.

The dealer said I should be getting my HyTi today our tomorrow! I was wondering with the new quarter's incentives was there any dealer cash added? Because I am using my x-plan and we are supposed to get dealer cash as well. Also I have ordered like 6 brochures and never got the $750 coupon, eerg! Now I suppose it is too late.

The dealer said I should be getting my HyTi today our tomorrow! I was wondering with the new quarter's incentives was there any dealer cash added? Because I am using my x-plan and we are supposed to get dealer cash as well. Also I have ordered like 6 brochures and never got the $750 coupon, eerg! Now I suppose it is too late.

There is $500 incentive on the Hybrid. You still get this incentive with X-plan. Make sure you get that $500!

My car was built 3/22 and not shipped until 3/30 all of the other cars except 2 (mine was one of them ) were shipped the day after they were built,

My car was built 3/22 and its current ETA is 4/25. Similar build going to same town built on 3/22 shipped right after with an ETA this week. Go figure.

My dealer emailed and said my ETA has been updated to 4/16 (vs what they previously stated as 4/11 and cyberdman stated as 4/10). He claims it was due to the train breaking down in AZ even though I tracked my rail car in what appeared as rather smooth progress from Hermosillo to Virginia (on Friday). Now I'm confused. I think the dealer is telling the truth that the ETA is pushed back, but I think the problem is more with delivery from the train depot to the dealer. Perhaps a one day delay in AZ resulted in my car missing the delivery truck and I have to catch the next delivery truck from VA to NC.

I tracked my train all the way to its final destination. It was released to customer on Monday at 11:00am.

Called my dealer today and salesperson said she would look into getting it in.

Just got a call that she was in training all day but that Ford shows it on a broken down train in AZ. WTF?

She even gave me a status update last week when it was in San Antonio, TX.

I have no idea what's going on, but pretty upset right now as I am selling my car this Friday, and leaving for two

Weeks the following Friday.

I'm going to ask cyberdman for an update tonight. Thank god for cyberdman. He seems to be the only person I cam reliably go to for information.