Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Malibu: You can mark mine as being built now. I would assume it's on a train somewhere but I don't have 10 posts yet and I don't want to ask the dealership just yet so "In Transit" is just a guess. Probably next week I will try to get tracking info but I know if I ask now then I will be glued to my computer the whole time watching it and it will feel much longer.

• Like 1

Tried calling my dealership this morning to see what is going on with my car. No returned phone call yet. At this point if the deal falls through, I have just became a BMW guy... I have owned 5 fords in my lifetime and have been very loyal. This whole experience is putting that loyalty into jeopardy. I have absolutely the worst dealership in the world, and am appalled at the way I have been treated.

Malibu: You can mark mine as being built now. I would assume it's on a train somewhere but I don't have 10 posts yet and I don't want to ask the dealership just yet so "In Transit" is just a guess. Probably next week I will try to get tracking info but I know if I ask now then I will be glued to my computer the whole time watching it and it will feel much longer.

I updated you, but do you know the build date? I put 4/3 just to have a date.

Hope you get your car soon !! :)

I updated you, but do you know the build date? I put 4/3 just to have a date.

Hope you get your car soon !! :)

It was built on the 25th of March. Starwarsrebel, I would call your dealer. Your car should be close pending no major setback.

Edited by jared6788

Tried calling my dealership this morning to see what is going on with my car. No returned phone call yet. At this point if the deal falls through, I have just became a BMW guy... I have owned 5 fords in my lifetime and have been very loyal. This whole experience is putting that loyalty into jeopardy. I have absolutely the worst dealership in the world, and am appalled at the way I have been treated.

I think it is a matter of finding the right dealership and salesperson. I called mine today to see if my car arrived. He told me a car carrier drove up, he ran out to take a picture (I asked if he or one of the managers would). He said the manager was already out there checking...but my car was not one on that one. I am totally happy with my salesperson, the sales manager and the dealership.

• Like 1

It was built on the 25th of March. Starwarsrebel, I would call your dealer. Your car should be close pending no major setback.

As Jared said, it was actually built on the 25th (as reported from ETIS). I will check in with them soon. The dealership I ordered from just had a fire last week (All people and I think vehicles are fine) so they probably have quite a bit going on at the moment. I'm kind of figuring it will be sometime next week anyway.

I seem to have a strange situation (or maybe not) my car was on a CSX train until Tucson, then transfered to UP, I could track on both phone systems. On 04/2 it seemed to get stuck in West Colton, CA....until yesterday 4/4 when both CSX and UP reported it as no info. Got an update from Cyberdman yesterday, he has the rail car now on Burlington Northern Santa Fe railroad, was north of Barstow, CA. I cannot find any info on how to track a car on BNSF. I tried a phone number I found online but you needed to be a registered customer to use.

I searched the blue oval forums, I am stumped. Help?

I'm in the same boat, uh... train. No one here seems to know how to track via BNSF. According to CSX, my railcar is stuck in Barstow, CA as "Bad Ordered". I called BNSF, and they couldn't tell me anything. Ford Chat says the ETA is now TBD. I called Ford Customer Care, and they say the ETA is now 4/25. However, I called the dealership, and they apparently have better access to BNSF tracking because they show an ETA of 4/14 to Kent, WA. (this is apparently the ETA listed by BNSF!) It takes 2-3 days to get the cars sorted, onto trucks, and delivered to the dealership. My dealer rocks! I'm giving a shoutout to Evergreen Ford of Issaquah, WA. Thanks, guys!

• Like 1

I think it is a matter of finding the right dealership and salesperson. I called mine today to see if my car arrived. He told me a car carrier drove up, he ran out to take a picture (I asked if he or one of the managers would). He said the manager was already out there checking...but my car was not one on that one. I am totally happy with my salesperson, the sales manager and the dealership.

At this point the dealership still has not returned my call. I contacted corp ford and they said basically there is nothing that they can do. Very upset with ford that I can guarantee that if this car is not delivered to me I will NEVER do business with ford EVER again!

You're not going to immediately get a response from that dealer via the phone after your incident last week. The only way to get anything done will be to show up in person and act civil.

Gonna switch from a hybrid to a BMW? ;)

Edited by jared6788
  • Like 1

If it is an X-Plan order, then it should be under your name.

Surely there is something you can do to salvage this situation.

Do you have anything in writing?

The window sticker probably has your name on it.

Have you called Ford and talked to somebody.

You should never have told the dealership you were going to give them a bad survey review before taking possession of your car.

Cyberdman says that shipment by rail takes "several weeks." Could those of you who have somehow tracked shipments the whole way, please comment on the amount of time your vehicle spent on the railroad?

My car left Hermosillo on 3/27 and arrived at the final train unload stop on 4/5 Friday (in Virginia). I'm still waiting to take final delivery, but I'm expecting a call from my dealer in the next day or two. Cyberdman's last ETA was 4/10 which looks like it will be either exactly right or possibly beaten by a day [my first ETA from the dealer was 4/11 --- maybe they added a day to the Ford ETA]. In summary, that will be built on 3/25, left Hermosillo on 3/27 and then delivered (hopefully) exactly 2 weeks later (in North Carolina).

Also, since you are in Ohio: My car first went north to Ohio before coming back south through West Virginia and into Virginia. So your time on the rail might be more like 7 days instead of 10.

Edited by bkmartin

Cyberdman says that shipment by rail takes "several weeks." Could those of you who have somehow tracked shipments the whole way, please comment on the amount of time your vehicle spent on the railroad?

Mine took 13 days to get to its final destination in Houston.

About half the time was spent in exchanges or waiting. 2 days in Nogales, 2 days in El Paso, 36 hours in San Antonio, 1 day in Houston.

When the spreadsheet starts filling out we'll get a better idea of how accurate the ETAs are. I think they are pretty close.

Mine took about a week. The holdup was not the actual train shipment but the fact its been sitting on the lot after unloading from the train waiting for movement for over a week now. I did just get off the phone with my dealership. We are moving forward and progress was made! Continuing to move forward with the deal so far, but I am at the point where I can walkaway at anytime. If everything goes right the car should show up any time.

• Like 1

At this point the dealership still has not returned my call. I contacted corp ford and they said basically there is nothing that they can do. Very upset with ford that I can guarantee that if this car is not delivered to me I will NEVER do business with ford EVER again!

There's probably not much anyone on this forum can do to help you out, unfortunately. It's clear that you're upset and are threatening to take your business elsewhere. And the dealer, after whatever happened, encouraged you to walk. So either let things cool down, or maybe time to try a BMW.