Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

I have a question with regards to railcar tracking. My HyTi was built 4/5 and shipped 4/10. Got railcar # and ETA of 4/27 from my dealer. So I set out to track my car through the UP system (BKM from this forum). I actually tried two different numbers ( there's one that allows you to have tracking info faxed to you). Final destination is Hillsboro OR.

On 4/15 both systems reported Railcar ID at Colton, CA. On 4/16 I received an update from Cyberdman that read "In Transit - Passing (Burlington Northern Railroad ) Bend, OR Apr-16-2013". Then for the last two days I've checked again calling both numbers. System at #1800-235-2352 reports "arrive at Vancouver WA"!!! & the other at 1800-877-5123 continues to report Colton, CA). Am I doing something wrong?

Eric at Ford says they can't provide Railcar# info. Cyberdman only provides weekly updates. My dealer has been silient since last Friday. What should I do?

In our case, the rail system is on Union Pacific (UP) until Colton, CA. At that point, it's placed in "interchange", meaning that it's transferred to another system and engine. In this case, it's BNSF. CSX apparently tracks it all the way through (the 2352 phone number). That's why UP (the 5123 phone number) only shows it to be "delivered in interchange" in Colton. From their perspective, it's delivered to where they were supposed to deliver it, where it was taken by BNSF. Unfortunately, BNSF doesn't have a public tracking system, so we have to rely on CSX, which is independent of the others.

I'm in a similar boat. UP only says it was delivered to Colton, then my railcar was "bad ordered" (malfunctioned) for two weeks. The last update I have from CSX is that it's be "released from bad order", but still in Barstow, CA. My dealer, who has an account with BNSF, says that the car is now in Klamath Falls, OR. UP says the car is empty!

I hope the railcar is not as lost as I am!

BTW, if you look at the BNSF rail map, http://map.friendsofbnsf.com/railways you'll see that the railway actualy goes up to Wishram, WA, then comes back to Vancouver, before going back down into Oregon. It's almost there!

Edited by jsellar

My HyTi (ordered December 29, 2012) showed up at the dealer in Massachusetts today. They still have to prep it and get the Lo-Jack installed for me so it'll be Tuesday before I can take delivery, but I did go by and look at it sitting behind the dealership today just to prove to myself that it's finally here. It looks like you'd expect it to look after 2 weeks in transit -- desperately in need of a good cleaning.

In our case, the rail system is on Union Pacific (UP) until Colton, CA. At that point, it's placed in "interchange", meaning that it's transferred to another system and engine. In this case, it's BNSF. CSX apparently tracks it all the way through (the 2352 phone number). That's why UP (the 5123 phone number) only shows it to be "delivered in interchange" in Colton. From their perspective, it's delivered to where they were supposed to deliver it, where it was taken by BNSF. Unfortunately, BNSF doesn't have a public tracking system, so we have to rely on CSX, which is independent of the others.

I'm in a similar boat. UP only says it was delivered to Colton, then my railcar was "bad ordered" (malfunctioned) for two weeks. The last update I have from CSX is that it's be "released from bad order", but still in Barstow, CA. My dealer, who has an account with BNSF, says that the car is now in Klamath Falls, OR. UP says the car is empty!

I hope the railcar is not as lost as I am!

BTW, if you look at the BNSF rail map, http://map.friendsofbnsf.com/railways you'll see that the railway actualy goes up to Wishram, WA, then comes back to Vancouver, before going back down into Oregon. It's almost there!

:) Let's hope so... Thanks!

My first order ended up in a vehicle that was damaged during transit in October. I had to reorder and decided to go from an SE to Titanium since they had just been announced. My current order in now in transit, so I'm finally getting something (not damaged I hope).

Ah ok, well good luck. The odds are in your favor.

I'm just curious, if they start taking orders May 15th for the 2014s, when will the first ones actually arrive? :) And will they be doing the Hybrid Titaniums from the get-go.

The below is from a fleet site but does note the production start date for 2014 models on the far right column -- 7/15/13, which if holds true means that if a retail order is produced right away (don't know if that's the case, based on other posts I've seen here), then August is probably the earliest month possible but I would bet my $5 chip on September, or put two $5 chips on October. Others can 'place their bets' as they see fit.

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-ford.aspx

Edited by jeff_h
  • Like 1

I checked on Etis this morning and it's confirmed my car was built on Sat. the 20th. Now next step is to find out from Cyberdman when it might get on a train and start heading towards me!

Malibu - Can you please update the spreadsheet to reflect my actual build date please.

These boards have been quiet the last couple days. I know some of you are now out enjoying your new cars...how about the rest of you?

Now I am so torn at this point. I have a build week of May 20, so delivery in central Texas, say first week of June... I COULD order a 2014 with A/C seats (a nice $465 thing in Texas) and the darker blue... and maybe wait 3+ more months. I'm planing on keeping this 10 year minimum, gosh it's difficult.

Did the prices change on the trim levels?

Now I am so torn at this point. I have a build week of May 20, so delivery in central Texas, say first week of June... I COULD order a 2014 with A/C seats (a nice $465 thing in Texas) and the darker blue... and maybe wait 3+ more months. I'm planing on keeping this 10 year minimum, gosh it's difficult.

Did the prices change on the trim levels?

It all depends on how much you feel you need to keep your "Assets" cool. 10 years is a long time to wish you had made a different decision. Even if prices do go up, amortizing $500 over 10 years is only $50/year. Go with your head, not your emotions.

Well darn, so far it's taken a well for my car to travel 250miles. It must really like the California Sun... Still have 1k+ miles left so it better get a move on if we're going to meet the ETA which looks like it's been pushed out a few days.

I tried to get rail car info from Cyberdman but he's only been giving me current status. The only thing I have going for me is another users car who got a rail car number and his car made to the same check point in Colton, CA less than 12 hrs after mine. His car will be taking the same trip north as mine so hopefully I can just call on his rail car # for updates. Unless somebody has another idea for getting a rail car #?

Well I pulled the plug on my 13 today. Going to wait for the 14's. Probably end up getting it next spring if any of my options are "late availability" I really, really wanted the duel integrated exhaust on the 13's oh well.

• Like 1

Well, my Ruby Red is chugging along... manufactured 4/16 and one week later she left Clark, Missouri at about 8PM tonight... making some good steam so far.....

Great that you're moving along. My car arrived in IL this morning, but I can't tell where. I think the guy who recorded the names of stops had a mouthful of chewing tobacco. Either that or English as a sixth language.

OK, so I finally got the actual name - Union Pacific Global IV Facility, Illinois. Left Hermosillo on 4/17, so it took 6 days to get to the Chicago Area, enroute to Maryland. Just a fact for those of you who may be wishing to track their shipments.

Edited by Fastronaut
  • Like 1

Well darn, so far it's taken a well for my car to travel 250miles. It must really like the California Sun... Still have 1k+ miles left so it better get a move on if we're going to meet the ETA which looks like it's been pushed out a few days.

I tried to get rail car info from Cyberdman but he's only been giving me current status. The only thing I have going for me is another users car who got a rail car number and his car made to the same check point in Colton, CA less than 12 hrs after mine. His car will be taking the same trip north as mine so hopefully I can just call on his rail car # for updates. Unless somebody has another idea for getting a rail car #?

Your Ford Dealer has it on the Visibility Report. There's no reason they can't share it with you.

Edited by Fastronaut

There's one reason - incompetency :) If they don't know it's there or what it means, they won't share it.

I spoke directly to the President of my dealership and got a few things straightened out, nicely of course. Telling them that you are fully aware of the Visibility Report existence and simply requesting your RR car tracking number is not rocket science, even for a dealer.

Edited by Fastronaut