Progress on Orders for Fusion Energi and Hybrid Titanium

taylorjd

Yeah, this is Ruby Red Sweep Week :shift:

Sure is... my salesman told me my order #2 had arrived on Friday, turns out that two Ruby Reds had arrived - one Titanium Hybrid and one gas SE, but neither was the one I ordered. My order #2 was turned over from rail to truck on Saturday, ETA at dealer is today.

Edited by jeff_h
  • Like 2

Patience, you have a perfect name for ordering the HyTi! There is plenty of information to be had on this forum, you've definitely come to the right place!

You r build date should be approx 7 days after your sticker was generated, check ETIS a day or two after that and you'll have the actual date.

Once it's been built you can ask Cyberdman for an update on your car (be sure to read the rules carefully), you want to do this a couple/few days after it's been built. That way there has been enough time that it should be loaded on s rail car and he should be able to provide that rail car#. If not you'll have to get it from your dealer's vehicle visibility report.

Once you have that # you can track it every step of the way, search this forum and the Fusion Hybrid Forum for that tracking info, there are a number of different ways to do that.

Lastly, don't forget to ask Malibu to add you to his tracking sheet. It's another helpful resource to see how long it's taking for others.

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Wazzul,

I am a little confused about the sticker date. I found my window sticker online a few days before the date below the sticker. Is that my "sticker date"?

Wazzul, I am a little confused about the sticker date. I found my window sticker online a few days before the date below the sticker. Is that my "sticker date"?

The sticker date is in a box at the bottom center of the sticker. It is at the right end of a line of letters and numbers and is in the form mm dd yy.

The date all of the way at the bottom in the form mm/dd/yyyy is the date you accessed the sticker.

Wazzul, I am a little confused about the sticker date. I found my window sticker online a few days before the date below the sticker. Is that my "sticker date"?

The other date will be the date you're looking at the sticker, you may notice that change daily. :doh:

-Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

• Like 1

What a day, it started out by finding out my rail car was delivered to it's destination. Which after a little searching I found out wasn't too far from my office, so at lunch I thought hey why don't I see if I can go get a glimpse of my rail car and maybe if I'm lucky I'll see a car that looks like mine and I can take a picture of it.

Well after getting to the yard, outside the fence and unable to see anything I had this random car come out and the guy introduced himself. We started talking and I told him who I was and what I was doing. He thought that was pretty cool that I'd go thorough all that trouble so he got me inside and offered to check where my car was out of the 2,000+ on the lot and in the rail cars. He said it's more than likely inside a rail car and since they're at capacity won't be unloaded for a few days... But low and behold after a quick search of their database, he looks down at a piece of paper on his desk and points to my VIN then says it's being offloaded right now.

So I put on the Orange safety vest and he grabs one of his guys to show me the rail car and said to let me take some pictures of the rail car. Well his worker must have heard more than that because I got to take pictures of my car inside the rail car (who gets to see that)! Then we walked around the lot for a few minutes and he explained how and why they do things, I ended up getting a full on behind the scenes tour. Then I look up and my car is coming right for us, pulls into the spot right in front of us (like it was planned that way).

Needless to say I was impressed by everything not just my car but the logistics and shear numbers they move through that lot daily 365. What made it even better is that I got to sit in my own car and take pictures even before the dealer knew it had arrived. In fact a few hours later my dealer sent me a text saying they didn't have it yet, so I emailed about my experience and they thought that was pretty cool.

So I wanted to give a shout out on here for the rail yard workers of America (I can't say which one I was at because they said over and over that they were breaking all sorts of rules by doing this)! You guys do amazing work and even though you're stressed and running at full capacity you take the time to entertain a super nerd like me. THANKS!!

http://fordfusionhybridforum.com/gallery/album/289-special-delivery/

• Like 6

So I called to check where my railcar is today, and it said it had "arrived at the customer location" Phoenix, Arizona. Am I to assume the car is being put on a car transport truck to go to LA from there?

I'm confused with how they do things, I'm in SoCal and mine arrived by rail in Industry, CA. Friday. Thought it was going to be transported from there. But then just called again and it went to back to Phoenix! So it was delivered there and will be transported, probably along with yours! Totally screwy.

Edited by RubyRedFuse

What a day, it started out by finding out my rail car was delivered to it's destination. Which after a little searching I found out wasn't too far from my office, so at lunch I thought hey why don't I see if I can go get a glimpse of my rail car and maybe if I'm lucky I'll see a car that looks like mine and I can take a picture of it.

Well after getting to the yard, outside the fence and unable to see anything I had this random car come out and the guy introduced himself. We started talking and I told him who I was and what I was doing. He thought that was pretty cool that I'd go thorough all that trouble so he got me inside and offered to check where my car was out of the 2,000+ on the lot and in the rail cars. He said it's more than likely inside a rail car and since they're at capacity won't be unloaded for a few days... But low and behold after a quick search of their database, he looks down at a piece of paper on his desk and points to my VIN then says it's being offloaded right now.

So I put on the Orange safety vest and he grabs one of his guys to show me the rail car and said to let me take some pictures of the rail car. Well his worker must have heard more than that because I got to take pictures of my car inside the rail car (who gets to see that)! Then we walked around the lot for a few minutes and he explained how and why they do things, I ended up getting a full on behind the scenes tour. Then I look up and my car is coming right for us, pulls into the spot right in front of us (like it was planned that way).

Needless to say I was impressed by everything not just my car but the logistics and shear numbers they move through that lot daily 365. What made it even better is that I got to sit in my own car and take pictures even before the dealer knew it had arrived. In fact a few hours later my dealer sent me a text saying they didn't have it yet, so I emailed about my experience and they thought that was pretty cool.

So I wanted to give a shout out on here for the rail yard workers of America (I can't say which one I was at because they said over and over that they were breaking all sorts of rules by doing this)! You guys do amazing work and even though you're stressed and running at full capacity you take the time to entertain a super nerd like me. THANKS!!

That is Super Cool!!!

• Like 1

I'm confused with how they do things, I'm in SoCal and mine arrived by rail in Industry, CA. Friday. Thought it was going to be transported from there. But then just called again and it went to back to Phoenix! So it was delivered there and will be transported, probably along with yours! Totally screwy.

That's weird. What a waste of fuel to cart that all the way back to Phoenix. How far are you from Industry?

This is very cool! Satisfies the love of cars AND trains! Great pics!

• Like 1

Are you sure that the computer voice didn't say "Placed at Industry"? That is rairoad talk for the railcar being placed at the location in the rail yard where it will be unloaded.

That's one delivery you will remember for a long time. Very cool experience.
  • Like 1

Are you sure that the computer voice didn't say "Placed at Industry"? That is rairoad talk for the railcar being placed at the location in the rail yard where it will be unloaded.

Not sure of the exact words but it sounded as though it was definitely delivered there, then I skipped calling the next day and then called late last night and it said it was off-loaded in Phoenix. I went on Google Maps and there's definitely a large yard in Phoenix where they off-load the cars whereas in Industry just railcars so I think it actually went back to Phoenix.

Wow just got a call from my dealer....my car is here! :happy feet: :headspin::dance: So whether it came from Industry or Phoenix it made it here. It took 7 1/2 weeks from order to delivery and 9 days from the day it got on the rail to the dealer. Going to pick it up this afternoon. I will post pics later. :camera:

• Like 4

Wow just got a call from my dealer....my car is here! :happy feet: :headspin::dance: So whether it came from Industry or Phoenix it made it here. It took 7 1/2 weeks from order to delivery and 9 days from the day it got on the rail to the dealer. Going to pick it up this afternoon. I will post pics later. :camera:

You wouldn't be the least bit excited, would you?

One Ruby Red Hybrid Titanium delivered to me in NH... let my wife drive it home to pick up my 4 and 8 year old.... jacked it up and put the new wheels on before I even drove it.... (BTW, wait'll you girls and boys see how much fun it is to put a floor jack under it ;-( )

Pictures to follow... thanks for the support and fun...

• Like 3