New Update?

PajamaGuy

I read here that the newest Escapes have a new screen in the message display. I just happened to visit my dealer this morning, and we fired up the newest one on the lot. Sure enough, both TRIP 1 and TRIP 2 sections have a new 4-panel screen showing MPG, DTE, Elapsed Miles, and Elapsed Time all in 1 4-cornered screen!

And the best part is that Guidance is no longer frozen when showing the Intelligent 4WD screen. My dealer doesn't know why or how, but will look into it & call me.

Anyone out there know what's up?

Still wish they had an instant mpg screen....my average changes so much so quickly high and low at times. I can be using cruise control at 55 and watch it climb every 2 mins or so then as I pass someone maybe going up to ~65 mph it drops like a rock at like .1 mpg every few seconds

There is a TSB that just came out for the fuel gauge reading low fuel early and the light coming on early, as well as inconsistant DTE display.

It updates the instrument cluster module, which in turn will update to this newer 4 quadrant display.

So go complain about the fuel gauge/light problem and you will get the newer readouts.

There is a TSB that just came out for the fuel gauge reading low fuel early and the light coming on early, as well as inconsistant DTE display.

It updates the instrument cluster module, which in turn will update to this newer 4 quadrant display.

So go complain about the fuel gauge/light problem and you will get the newer readouts.

Do you have a link to this TSB because I filled up with the fuel light on and only put in 11 gallons!

Thanks for the heads up! 'Early' as in 'empty with two gallons left in a 15-gallon tank' early? :D

No, early as in 12.5 gallon fill when the low fuel light comes on.

Do you have a link to this TSB because I filled up with the fuel light on and only put in 11 gallons!

TSB 13-02-01, dealer can easily look this up by running your VIN.

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up! 'Early' as in 'empty with two gallons left in a 15-gallon tank' early? :D

That's an issue of sorts - that and the "low gas" light comes on a tad early. I might just put this on the (very short) list of things to look at when I take it in around 5000 miles. If that gets me the update, I'm all for it. It's a lot easier seeing the trip odo and mileage numbers on the same screen as opposed to scrolling up and down to get there.

Spoke to our dealer yesterday about the instrument cluster TSB for low fuel reading. He could find no such TSB in the Ford system. Has it actually been published yet? If so, anyone got the number and perhaps a copy?

Strangely enough, our Escape came with MFT 3.51 installed but when he checked ours out yesterday as part of out 5k mile service, he shows a new update for navigation problems....Ours has been useless since we got it, usually placing our location some distance off road from where we really are and causing all sorts of wrong directions to be given.

Its got an appointment on Friday and a rental reserved so will see what comes of it. Maybe the TSB for the fuel level indication will be published by then.

Edited by jcthorne