Pickup Checklist

rkytop98

Dealer called and my SE Hybrid is ready to be picked up. What have been the common issues that I need to look for during pickup? SE Hybrid Appearance Package only

1. Headliner

2. Trunk Alignment

3. Door sill

?

Thanks!

Check for dents, scratches, door panel alignments or not fit tightly. Also check the seal around the doors and make sure it's tight. Drive it on the highway and listen for wind noise. Also see if the glasses holder rattles.

All this talk of delays is making me nervous. I ordered on Jan 10, 2013 and was told my order was part of the dealership's 2 allotted 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrids for the month. Why do I have this feeling that the car will not arrive until March?

My salesguy was upfront with me and said 6-8 weeks for the Hybrid if I wanted to order one. If that's true, March sounds about right....

What the hell! You ordered over a month later than me and mine still isn't here!

Sorry had to rant...

Hate to hear it. My dealer told me to expect 10-12 weeks due to the holidays. So I was thrilled that it took two months to the day. They did great with managing expectations.Have you tried the tracking forum? I got better information from there than i ever did from the dealer.

Hate to hear it. My dealer told me to expect 10-12 weeks due to the holidays. So I was thrilled that it took two months to the day. They did great with managing expectations.Have you tried the tracking forum? I got better information from there than i ever did from the dealer.

The dealer was supposed to get me my order number this week but didn't. He said he thought it was being built this week but I need the order number or the VIN to track it. I will ask again tomorrow.

Got the same setup as yours but in impact blue...

Really congrats on the car! Can't wait to get mine. Saw a blue non-hybrid one at dairy queen last night and had to just go out and stare at it...

-Keith

My list for an Energi Ti:

Things to do on car delivery:
- Window sticker in glove box
- NO dealer branding on car
- 12 vt battery in car matches requirements in manual (Cold cranking amps) 335+ (see CMax's issues with their battery)
- all door seals in place
- check all doors/truck/hood for alignment and overspray issues.
- Proper shift knob (leather)

- Headliner

How do you check this when you pick up the car?

It should be printed on the battery. I got that little paranoia tip from the CMax forums. They having issues where the car is dead only due to the 12vt battery getting just low enough to not kick the relays to the high voltage system to wake the car up. It's little things causing the small battery to not work, a mini jump wakes the car up and it's fine. There are reports the Energi were getting a little higher CCA rated batteries.

• Like 1