Moonroof / Interior Lighting buttons

sarcastic6

I noticed on the iPad 2013 Fusion app, the ambient lighting includes the cup holder, go figure.

I just downloaded the 2nd printing (dated Feb2013) of the quick reference guide from motorcraft website and it still lists the cup holders as part of the ambient lighting on the hybrid/Energi. Anyone able to firmly update us? Like is it there, but just a setting in MyTouch that is/isn't selected?

Edited by Scooter80

I noticed on the iPad 2013 Fusion app, the ambient lighting includes the cup holder, go figure.

I just downloaded the 2nd printing (dated Feb2013) of the quick reference guide from motorcraft website and it still lists the cup holders as part of the ambient lighting on the hybrid/Energi. Anyone able to firmly update us? Like is it there, but just a setting in MyTouch that is/isn't selected?

I noticed, since last I look at the brochure, they have now added the ambient lighting to the cup holders and under the front seats as an aftermarket accessory.

I noticed, since last I look at the brochure, they have now added the ambient lighting to the cup holders and under the front seats as an aftermarket accessory.

Where do you see that? The only place in the iPad app and the web build and price that ambient lighting is listed is as a feature on the car depending on the trim line. It NEVER shows as an optional accessory.

FWIW, my SE has the touch sensitive areas (not individual buttons) for the map light controls (no sunroof here). One weird thing I've noticed is that my map lights will be on, and I know I didn't switch them on. I've read here that the touchpads will activate with a near swipe, rather than a full press, as a "feature". I'm thinking that when I adjust my rearview mirror, the switch reads my hand, and turns the lights on. I've only had my car about a week, so I've been adjusting the mirror a lot, as I get settled into a comfy driving position.

If this is indeed the case, then I wonder if Ford is aware of similar issues, and replacing the pads with real buttons.

Regarding the seemingly nonsensical application (no rhyme or reason) of touchpad vs buttons in the Fusions mentioned in this thread, the only question I can ask is:

Where was your Fusion built? Maybe the U.S. plant has the buttons now, but Hermosillo, MX still has touchpad parts. My car is a Hermosillo baby. I'm not 100% sure where to find the build date. My info plate inside the driver's door says 11/12. The only thing I see on the window sticker is at the bottom center, down below the MSRP, I see "10 31 12" after other numbers & letters. Maybe "Smokey" was born on Halloween.

Where's the proper place to find the build date?

That's odd, regarding the parts then. Seems it's just luck of the draw. Whatever box they have laying around that day, LOL.

Much like MFT. My SE hybrid w/NAV was built 11/17 and it came with MFT 3.5.1 and I read where many of the dealers say the 3.5.1 isn't available yet for cars with the navigation. It's like whatever they pull out of the box. Kind of the leather wrapped shift knobs on the 505A package.

• Like 1

Actually not much like MFT. What your dealer was probably referring to was the fact that they did not have the updated SD cards with the Map Data. The factory on the other hand had the updated SD cards so could apply the 3.5.1 update at the Factory. The dealer could have applied the the 3.5.1 without the newer cards, but that would mean no Navigation. And I would think someone who bought Navigation would want that feature available to them.

So for Fusion owners with the touch sensitive buttons: are you having any issues with them? do they work as expected?

When I played with some of the cars on my dealer's lot, I had to touch the button at least twice to get it to work. It seemed that if I touched it with the tip of my finger it didn't reach and had to increase the contact area.

So for Fusion owners with the touch sensitive buttons: are you having any issues with them? do they work as expected?

When I played with some of the cars on my dealer's lot, I had to touch the button at least twice to get it to work. It seemed that if I touched it with the tip of my finger it didn't reach and had to increase the contact area.

I have not had any issues with the touch sensitivity, I used the sunroof a lot over the weekend and it worked perfectly every time.

Guest RRF985

No issues here.

Jennifer Palsgrove (who works for Ford said on the http://www.Facebook.com/FordFusion site said "Okay I just got off the phone with the lighting manager & she said they did away with the touch sensor lights because of production & robust issues. She said they are hoping to perfect the technology & get it back into future models when it's right. About the lighted cup holders it might of just been a design thing. The Lincoln's won't have it either or the sensor lights because they aren't robust at this point."

I don't understand the moon-roof buttons vs touch-pad, unless they were using both for a while, because there are plenty of job 2 fusions that have the touch pad, such as the job 2 I posted earlier with "Y" wheels that was built in February. There are also energis with touch-pads the change must have been after job 2.

By the way what is a ''robust led cup holder" How long have LED lights been around?? They were on the 2012 Fusion and they are listed as an after market accessory and they are on many Ford models including the Explorer since 2012

They are specifically listed under ambient lighting for the MKZ. I think that statement is marketing gobbdygook I would bet they are on the MKZ

Edited by chuckokie36

I am still really concerned about the aluminum pedals, none of us will know for sure until a Hybrid Ti is actually delivered...I wonder how long that will be after they are built.

Well here is a download PDF on the Pedal change, see http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/52490-progress-on-orders-for-fusion-energi-and-hybrid-titanium/page-34&do=findComment&comment=838227

Thanks JD, guess I no longer have any questions about that, too bad, they look sharp on the gas Titaniums.

I plan on finding out how much it'll cost to replace them. Hope it's $100 or less, but one dealer said it's closer to $400. I think they were making that up :)

I plan on finding out how much it'll cost to replace them. Hope it's $100 or less, but one dealer said it's closer to $400. I think they were making that up :)

That would be a great number to publish here. Since they're not an accessory, I guess you'd have to order them through your dealer's parts department. Labor costs are probably what amped up the estimate.

That would be a great number to publish here. Since they're not an accessory, I guess you'd have to order them through your dealer's parts department. Labor costs are probably what amped up the estimate.

You can check out the parts catalog for all Ford vehicles on the www.fordparts.com site. I drilled down to the 2013 Fusion and then searched by keyword "pedal" to find this information that seems to be the parts you'd need to get the aluminum covers:

• Part Name: Parking Brake Pedal Pad
    • Part Number: 2454
    • Part Description: 6 Speed Auto Trans 6F Mid-Range ; Foot Pedal Cover - Aluminum6 Speed Auto Trans 6F Mid-Range ; Foot Pedal Cover - Aluminum
    • Price (MSRP/List): $34.73
    • Price (at my dealer): $29.52
  • Part Name: Accelerator Pedal
    • Part Number: 9F836
    • Part Description: 2.0L EcoBoost (250PS) ; Foot Pedal Cover - Aluminum
    • Price (MSRP/List): $69.91
    • Price (at my dealer): $59.42

Also, FWIW - this thread is titled Moonroof / Interior Lighting Buttons, but the topic has shifted quite a bit. Something to be aware of I suppose.

Edited by bluspikez