Get your rebates and cash offers locked in!

chuckokie36

The word is that Ford changes rebates each Quarter, so they are due to change April 1 before most of us receive our cars.

If sales are any indication I can see the rebates and promotions going only one way--Down

Fusion sales were up by 28% in Feb --set a record

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=37718

So I called my dealer he said as long as I have a VIN we could lock in my $750 cash in Vincent and $500 rebate.

I am locking in this afternoon.

Edited by chuckokie36

I wish I knew if my dealer marked mine as eligible ... My $750 expired yesterday and the $500 is going to expire before the car gets here. My dealer keeps saying "it'll work out, don't worry". They made sure I signed the VOC and had me apply for Ford Credit (I'm not required to use it), to hopefully help locking them in, but didn't say yay or nay yet :(

What about the $1500 Retail Customer Cash since I will be paying cash? Would this be able to be "locked in" along with the $500 rebate and my $750 Private Offer (expires 4/1/13)? This is a total of $2750 I would like to "lock in" since I ordered my HyTi on 1/7/13.

Yes

They made me sign my voc too, but if you look at it it says not an invoice. I think a lawyer would say if it is not an invoice then it is not a binding contract. I hope so I gave my dealer $1000 down. I'm sure he cashed the check, but if my car doesn't show up on time I am going to argue long and hard to get my $1000 back.

What about the $1500 Retail Customer Cash since I will be paying cash? Would this be able to be "locked in" along with the $500 rebate and my $750 Private Offer (expires 4/1/13)? This is a total of $2750 I would like to "lock in" since I ordered my HyTi on 1/7/13.

Tell me more about the "$1500 Retail Customer Cass" on the Hybrid Titanium. What zip code and is that really on top of the $500?

When I look it up (http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/incentives/), I see $1,500 on the gas and Energi Fusion (PGM #12254), but only $500 (PGM #12254) on the Hybrid.

Tell me more about the "$1500 Retail Customer Cass" on the Hybrid Titanium. What zip code and is that really on top of the $500?

When I look it up (http://www.ford.com/cars/fusion/incentives/), I see $1,500 on the gas and Energi Fusion (PGM #12254), but only $500 (PGM #12254) on the Hybrid.

I logged into owner.ford.com > My Next Vehicle > New Vehicle Offers

I am in Upstate NY, near Albany.

The fine print for the $1500 Retail Customer Cash states: "Program #12302:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 04/01/2013. Not all Fusion models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details."

Here's a screenshot of the web page:

Fordnewvehicleoffers.jpg

The lock in did not work!!!!! Sales manager tried to print out an invoice thru Vincent showing my $750 private cash and the $500 rebate on the hybrid. The system would not allow this since the car has not been built even tho we have a vin.

He will call Ford tomorrow to see if the $750 offer can be extended ( It expired 3-5-13 )because of all the delays in the HiTi

I logged into owner.ford.com > My Next Vehicle > New Vehicle Offers

I am in Upstate NY, near Albany.

The fine print for the $1500 Retail Customer Cash states: "Program #12302:Take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 04/01/2013. Not all Fusion models may qualify. See dealer for residency restrictions and complete details."

Here's a screenshot of the web page:

Those are just the standard rebates: $1,500 on the gas model (went down to $750 in my zip), $500 on the Hybrid and $1,500 on the Energi. You have to select the model under the "View offers for:" drop down to see the incentives for a specific model.

The lock in did not work!!!!! Sales manager tried to print out an invoice thru Vincent showing my $750 private cash and the $500 rebate on the hybrid. The system would not allow this since the car has not been built even tho we have a vin.

He will call Ford tomorrow to see if the $750 offer can be extended ( It expired 3-5-13 )because of all the delays in the HiTi

Did they have you apply for Ford credit? Let us know if Ford agrees to extend the coupon.

My salesman printed mine, and locked it in(according to him) when I ordered my HyTi last week.

Here is hoping he is right!

My coupon was in Vincent but according to the sales manager the car has to be built to apply the discount, it comes directly from Ford, even tho I have a Vin my car is scheduled for the week of March 18..

They spent over an Hour trying to get the discount but the system kept rejecting it.

Those are just the standard rebates: $1,500 on the gas model (went down to $750 in my zip), $500 on the Hybrid and $1,500 on the Energi. You have to select the model under the "View offers for:" drop down to see the incentives for a specific model.

When I selected the hybrid in the drop down menu, it switched to $500. :shrug:

Fordnewvehicleoffers2.jpg

When I selected the hybrid in the drop down menu, it switched to $500. :shrug:

Yup, that's the only rebate Ford offers on Hybrid now and it expires on 4/1/13. With the increased Hybrid sales and demand it's likely that the rebate will not be extended :( We'll know for sure on April 2nd ...

What about the $1500 Retail Customer Cash since I will be paying cash? Would this be able to be "locked in" along with the $500 rebate and my $750 Private Offer (expires 4/1/13)?

This is a total of $2750 I would like to "lock in" since I ordered my HyTi on 1/7/13.

Can you point me to information on the 1500 retail customer cash thing. Thanks.

Yup, that's the only rebate Ford offers on Hybrid now and it expires on 4/1/13. With the increased Hybrid sales and demand it's likely that the rebate will not be extended :( We'll know for sure on April 2nd ...

It's the tail end f the model year. If anything, the rebate is likely to go up.

There is no such thing as "locking in" rebates. All we have to do is print the current incentives at the time of order, along with proof of the order date.

Then, at delivery if the incentives went down, we just scan and upload the 2 documents to Ford, and they give us a program # and cert# to claim the rebates.

VIN #'s have nothing to do with it, VIN or no VIN we do not need that. You are completely safe from losing rebates, its really easy for a Dealer to claim!

There is no such thing as "locking in" rebates. All we have to do is print the current incentives at the time of order, along with proof of the order date.

Then, at delivery if the incentives went down, we just scan and upload the 2 documents to Ford, and they give us a program # and cert# to claim the rebates.

VIN #'s have nothing to do with it, VIN or no VIN we do not need that. You are completely safe from losing rebates, its really easy for a Dealer to claim!

Yes that sounds right for the $500 pubic rebates but the $750 Private Offer seem more complicated, because some people received them after the time of order but the rebate may expire before delivery.