2008 Chevy Malibu

Guest Sixcav

Yep, looks a lot like the spy shots from the other thread. But guys whatever you do, if you like it, just say that you like it because if you use any descriptive terms to describe it like say C-L-E-A-N, good old Richie will be along to give you a class in what words are or are not acceptable when describing the chevy malibu. lol Apparently he is a member of the fashionable language police.

Anyway, I still like it. It looks good. It's cleeeaaaan. I think it will be a good seller for Chevy. But like I said before, it all depends on how they handle the interior. If they stick with status quo GM, which is to say cheap looking, it will bomb. But with some materials and good ergonomics I think it will do quite well.

Guest Sixcav

I like the Aura too, it's a nice looking car. But ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder. How else do you explain the popularity of the VW bug?

No relationship between headlights and grille.

Maybe they're seeing other people. The front end looks just fine. It's no more or less distasteful than the Fusion of just about any other sedan in this segment on the road.

Edited by Sixcav

I'm sorry Richie, but "Yawn" is a completely inappropriate term to use when describing a car. It's vauge and undescriptive. You have been reported to the fashionable language police for this infraction.

Oh by the way I like the Aura too. It's a nice looking car. But ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder. How else do you explain the popularity of the VW bug?

I said that, not South Dakota (or wherever Richard lives).

I tell you what, I'll hold off on the comments until I see the finished product. But so far, no go..............I'd go as far to say that I'd rather drive a Toyota Crappy first (and that says ALOT).

Yeah sorry mich, I got ahead of myself, so I updated it. Sorry dude.

No worries. You needed a lil' :finger::finger::finger: That's all.

Maybe they're seeing other people.
Honestly I don't think they ever hooked up in the first place.

It's no more or less distasteful than the Fusion of just about any other sedan in this segment on the road.

...........ultimately beauty is in the eye of the beholder. BTW, I'm just razzin ya, please don't get all upset on me like all these other freaks do on here.

Edited by Michael Reynolds

Guest Sixcav
BTW, I'm just razzin ya, please don't get all upset on me like all these other freaks do on here.

LOL, Welcome to the club man. They stay pissed at me. I don't sweat it.

Can't wait to see the road tests with the new Malibu or Aura going up against 3.5L '08 Fusion/Milans.

But I can wait for the multi-car comparison showing the 3.0L 2007 Fusion in second-to-last place in front of the '07 Sebring, but behind the 3.6L Aura, Camry, Accord, and Altima.

Scott

They put the truck front end on it to make it look even more loser-like. Like a Chevy. Is it still based on an Opel?

None of the Us Gm Sedans will be based on the Opel for now.. this Malibu will share the platform with the G6 and Aura (LWB Epsylon). the Aura shares some styling with the Opel, but no underpinning. The 07 Malibu is based on SWB Epsylon, which is the same platform as the Opel and Saab 9-3, but there is very little other technoloogy shared.

Igor

Is it going to offer AWD?

Doubt it. Which peeves me about Ford marketing. They should have been kicking AWD up and down the street (and back again) letting everyone know that they are working their way towards offering AWD on almost any and everything they sell.

When the system debuts on the Fusion, aside from Subaru and the Mazdaspeed 6, AWD will be no where to be found.

One of the many things I loathe about Ford marketing.