MKZ Mileage Reports

Ok, almost at 4K here with my Z-brid, the heat is definitely taking a toll on my mileage which makes sense, you have to power the AC with something either gas or electricity!! I am right at 41.2 I think for lifetime. Continue to like the car, although it is a bit of a gutless wonder for acceleration. The engine when it activates the ICE is loud, but levels out at higher speeds. I continue to love the technology and for the most part MyLincoln Touch. Whats up with you guys?? How is it going?

Hey there Tanner, glad to see you around still. Great job on the MPG game there. I'm at around 1600mi and can't seem to get that 40MPG mark. Hovering around 39ish lifetime. Had to take the car in about 3 times for clicking sound ( see fusion forums on that) and once for the battery saver message. Other than that, the car has beaten all my expectations. The ride is so much more comfortable. Can't wait for our long trip down to California and see how well the car holds up and see if there's any changes to MPG. I do agree about the engine being a bit louder when you accelerate from a stop but at higher speeds it mellows out. Oh did you reset your lifetime? I'm thinking about around 3k or when I get back from California. Anyways take car and happy motoring.

Woot!

I just had my best tank so far ......

463.7 miles, 11.061 gallons, 41.93 mpg;

But here's the thing .... I am regularly getting 45+ mpg per my most normal trips of between 6 and 15 miles each way ....

And I am also regularly getting well north of 90% on the braking scores ...... I'm up to 89% lifetime braking score ....

Anyone else on here with the 2.0L AWD MKZ? I just took mine on Thursday and am somewhat concerned about my gas mileage. I am currently only getting only 21 or so MPG which is a good amount worse than rated. I don't do much straight city driving. So far mostly its been country type roads 45-55 MPH with some stops so I should be doing much better the 21. This car is rated better than my previous 2003 Toyotaicon1.png Solara and my wife's 2008 Ford Fusion 4cyl, but so far its hasn't been performing up to those cars levels gas mileage - wise.

I was wondering if anyone else out there could share their mileage returns with this caricon1.png.

Anyone else on here with the 2.0L AWD MKZ? I just took mine on Thursday and am somewhat concerned about my gas mileage. I am currently only getting only 21 or so MPG which is a good amount worse than rated. I don't do much straight city driving. So far mostly its been country type roads 45-55 MPH with some stops so I should be doing much better the 21. This car is rated better than my previous 2003 Toyotaicon1.png Solara and my wife's 2008 Ford Fusion 4cyl, but so far its hasn't been performing up to those cars levels gas mileage - wise.

I was wondering if anyone else out there could share their mileage returns with this caricon1.png.

From what I've been hearing it's the Break-in period. Your mileage should improve after a few thousand miles.

Check https://www.fuelly.com/ and compare what others are getting, but there is a break in period around 2-4k and after that your MPG will improve.

Here is some great news for me at least. Just completed first leg of my trip from Evansville, IN to Knoxville, TN and averaged over 45 mpg ! First started out staying under 62 on Eco cruise so I could run on EV mode when possible. That ran worked however what I thought was great was running on Eco cruise set at 70 I still saw the mpg well over 40 and at points it was pushing 50 to 60 mpg! It looked to be in gas mode as the engage section was white, no blue but at 45 + in gas I am cool with that too.

Another great tank fill-up on my side .....

11.398 Gallons, 502.9 miles, 44.12 MPG - roughly 60 percent city driving

Lifetime as reported on the car is 40.2, hand calculated is 40.47!

:rockon:

AWESOME, JS, awesome!!!!

Congrats!

July 9/10, I drove from Houston to Auburn, Mass and I am delighted with mileage.

MKZ is an AWESOME long distance car, VERY comfortable even after a 1000mi day (Tuesday)

the data is based miles driven and gas delivered from the pump,

at the end, I filled the tank until the neck was completely full: click-click-click-click...

my speed was posted + 10% except in Virginia (zero tolerance for speeding) and during the torrential rain during the last tank.

I DON'T do hyper-miling stuff, eco-cruise ON

----- gal miles mpg

tank 6.4 287 44.8

tank 11.2 413 36.9

tank 7.8 348 44.6

tank 12.4 480 38.7

tank 6.5 307 47.2

trip 44.3gal 1835miles

41.4 mpg over 1835mi, measured by gasoline consumed & miles driven

Edited by entropy

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

Took one for a date/night test drive today... We drove 130miles, avarage 36mpg. Tank was full when we started.... after 130miles, tank was at exactly half....? This doesn't look right? It said the tank is hold 13gals right, so 36mpg it only used 3.6gals.... Should it be at 3/4 full?

Is this thing leaking gas? or the fuel guage isn't accurate?

Hey all,

Took one for a date/night test drive today... We drove 130miles, avarage 36mpg. Tank was full when we started.... after 130miles, tank was at exactly half....? This doesn't look right? It said the tank is hold 13gals right, so 36mpg it only used 3.6gals.... Should it be at 3/4 full?

in my experience, there is "full" and there is FULL.

When i did my trip (post just above yours), i filled the tank until FULL, and it generally took a couple gallons after the 1st click off of the pump.

It seems that all cars/trucks i've owned have a non linear gas gauge.

I find the MKZ's gas gauge about of a par with other vehicles.

I doubt yr loaner was leaking gas

Karl

Hey all,

1) I believe the tank is officially listed at 13.5 gallons ....

2) Keep in mind that gas pumps are all a little bit different in how they are calibrated as to when the first "click" on the pump sounds

3) It has been my experience that the car does take indeed take 13.5 as I once filled it with 13.15 gallons, when I knew I was practically empty

4) it looks like pumps will come anywhere from 1/2 to 1.75 gallons short of true "full" depending upon how they are calibrated

5) interestingly, the on screen digital counter display seems to be more accurate as to how much gas I have used than the physical gas pump gauge. I tend to hit the first empty chime when I am at between 10 and 10.5 gallons used. by the time I get to 11, the gas pump gauge tells me that I am empty and by 11.5 I see the "negative red" indicator on the gauge.

6) my gas gauge gets to "half-way" usually after the first 4.85 to 5.75 gallons used

I have gotten into the habit of never pushing the tank beyond 11 or 11.5 gallons of used gas before I take it to be refilled!

I am at 5k+ miles at the current moment - and my current fuelly numbers are below ....

Edited by jschmitt3

• 2 weeks later...

First update in a few weeks ......

but Lifetime numbers are continuing to creep up as far as MPG ....

and the car continues its' great break in period ...

last night my normal 16.5 miles commute home (half high way, half city roads) hit an all-time best with a 57.2 MPG and 97% break score ....

highway speed 62 cruise, city driving between 35 and 42 all the way ....

I haven't even taken the car in yet for the PCM update ....

First update in a few weeks ......

but Lifetime numbers are continuing to creep up as far as MPG ....

and the car continues its' great break in period ...

last night my normal 16.5 miles commute home (half high way, half city roads) hit an all-time best with a 57.2 MPG and 97% break score ....

highway speed 62 cruise, city driving between 35 and 42 all the way ....

I haven't even taken the car in yet for the PCM update ....

My lifetime has gone up .5 mpg since the update and is climbing. Next month I'm taking the same 1200 mile trip I just took with my FFH where I averaged 46.2 mpg with alot of mountain driving. This will be interesting.