It's here! but..

keithmcelhinney

So my car finally made it after 3.5 months. Dealer called and I told them I wanted to pick it up at 9:00am tomorrow. Then he proceeds to tell me that they have too many deliveries tomorrow morning and could I do 1:00? I can't do 1:00 because the dealer is an hour away and I have an appointment to get my taxes done. So I am just going to go at 9:00 and sit and wait. So freaking stupid. I travel for work and if I can't get it tomorrow it will be a week from monday before I can get it...

All my financing is done. I signed the sales agreement already. I told them a week ago to figure out my payoff and everything else so I could just walk in and walk out. Did they do any of it? Seem not...

-Keith

So my car finally made it after 3.5 months. Dealer called and I told them I wanted to pick it up at 9:00am tomorrow. Then he proceeds to tell me that they have too many deliveries tomorrow morning and could I do 1:00? I can't do 1:00 because the dealer is an hour away and I have an appointment to get my taxes done. So I am just going to go at 9:00 and sit and wait. So freaking stupid. I travel for work and if I can't get it tomorrow it will be a week from monday before I can get it...

All my financing is done. I signed the sales agreement already. I told them a week ago to figure out my payoff and everything else so I could just walk in and walk out. Did they do any of it? Seem not...

-Keith

Doesn't matter how much you have done ahead of time. They'll still make you wait. We had financing ahead of time, a payoff letter from our trade-in's bank, all our insurance, registration, etc. still took 3.5 hours. They had to try and sell us all their add-ons, even their own financing, and try to show us the features of the car. I'm probably too patient when it came to that but my wife was ready to tell them off!

-Keith

sucks man, but honestly, you waited 3.5 months. What's an extra couple of hours?

Doesn't matter how much you have done ahead of time. They'll still make you wait. We had financing ahead of time, a payoff letter from our trade-in's bank, all our insurance, registration, etc. still took 3.5 hours. They had to try and sell us all their add-ons, even their own financing, and try to show us the features of the car. I'm probably too patient when it came to that but my wife was ready to tell them off!

That's why I like my dealer. They know I have X plan and sometimes they even get my pin for me (using my information). I bring my own financing so it's a cash deal. I walked into the office, signed the check, signed the title application, signed the title for my trade and walked out. 3 minutes tops. No add-ons, no BS. Refreshing.

this is kind of required. at least it is if they want to get a good score on the survey Ford sends out after you take delivery

Lol, yeah the survey. They talked about the survey several times. "We'd like to make sure you can give us all 5s. If there's anything we need to do to help you in giving all 5s please let us know."

Ok!!! Just let us drive away, we'll give you 10s for cripesake!

The weird part is that the dealer was really great at getting me a deal because of the previous car I had and the problems. Nice easy sale, great to deal with. The finance girl is the one throwing a hissey fit. First told me that they didn't know what to do with the approval letter from Bank of America. Then I sent it to her and explained that they are supposed to be an authorized dealer,etc and then they finally figured it out.

The biggest thing is that I have to get my taxes done tomorrow and I have a small business and regular employment so they are a nightmare. Besides, who wants to waste their weekend sitting in a car dealership? I already did everything just give me the damn car!

-Keith