C&D Tests the Fiesta ST (European 3-door)

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/26/2014-ford-fiesta-st-first-drive-review/

A good review here as well. I think the 5-dr will sell regardless and it is more practical. For a difference of $2,300 base Fiesta to base Focus is interesting however, I feel the Fiesta and Focus drivers are different in their ways. Besides, this is the ST models not the general cars themselves. Deanh, you got your order in yet?

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/03/26/2014-ford-fiesta-st-first-drive-review/

A good review here as well. I think the 5-dr will sell regardless and it is more practical. For a difference of $2,300 base Fiesta to base Focus is interesting however, I feel the Fiesta and Focus drivers are different in their ways. Besides, this is the ST models not the general cars themselves. Deanh, you got your order in yet?

not yet, marriage March next year, may order after that....nice to read that the suspension may even be more tweeked fro lessons learned on its big brother...this thing SCREAMS fun

• Like 1

not yet, marriage March next year, may order after that....nice to read that the suspension may even be more tweeked fro lessons learned on its big brother...this thing SCREAMS fun

Agree. The comment about the Focus ST with the 'Brash-Bits' is a valid point but if you came out with a subdued look, you could argue it's trying to be a GTI wannabe. Seeing the Focus ST in person I think it is a bit exagerated but it's a looker. This Fiesta is subdued but I am a fan of the sharper nose Fiesta over the Focus. Mini is going to have a fight on it's hands and although I'd like to see VW bring Polo over here, a Fiesta ST/Polo GT match would be fantastic! I saw a bunch of them over in Belguim and thay are sharp.

Agree. The comment about the Focus ST with the 'Brash-Bits' is a valid point but if you came out with a subdued look, you could argue it's trying to be a GTI wannabe. Seeing the Focus ST in person I think it is a bit exagerated but it's a looker. This Fiesta is subdued but I am a fan of the sharper nose Fiesta over the Focus. Mini is going to have a fight on it's hands and although I'd like to see VW bring Polo over here, a Fiesta ST/Polo GT match would be fantastic! I saw a bunch of them over in Belguim and thay are sharp.

totally agreed, IMO I think the Fiesta is an overall more cohesive design than the focus...especially since they adressed my main gripe...the Front grill and makshift US hood solution ( horrible in comparison with the Euro equivilent )

• Like 1

I like the concept - fun-to-drive, with good economy as well. My Honda Civic Si was pretty good in that aspect, but it looks like the Fiesta might win in terms of energy efficiency. I wonder how interior spaciousness compares.

Might be a nice little runabout car to have along side an F-150 or Expedition.