Entry Level Employee and the 20 % threshold

SHVgear77

Wanna bet? there are currently roughly 6,700 entry level with more coming before 2015.

I`m not sure where you got the 6700 number (not questioning you, I hope that`s true) but, here at CAP we are over 2400 right now.

At 20% we will hit the little over 8 thousand cap soon? Who is keeping track? Why isn`t it being widely published? Or ist it?

There has to be a list in chronological order because it was stated that the agreement was to have a first in, first out for the entry level members. Once the cap was met. Has anyone seen or heard where this list is kept? Is this one for one movement company wide or per facility?

I can`t seem to get an answer to why we don`t have this list published and posted like the seniority list.....

Here at CAP we have entry level members that have been entry level for well over a year. I know most have asked how they will be moved if and when the cap is reached, because some were moved to entry level at 150 to 200 at a time. All with the same seniority date... first in, first out? 200 at a time?

This could get interesting.....

Decker

I`m not sure where you got the 6700 number (not questioning you, I hope that`s true) but, here at CAP we are over 2400 right now.

At 20% we will hit the little over 8 thousand cap soon? Who is keeping track? Why isn`t it being widely published? Or ist it?

There has to be a list in chronological order because it was stated that the agreement was to have a first in, first out for the entry level members. Once the cap was met. Has anyone seen or heard where this list is kept? Is this one for one movement company wide or per facility?

I can`t seem to get an answer to why we don`t have this list published and posted like the seniority list.....

Here at CAP we have entry level members that have been entry level for well over a year. I know most have asked how they will be moved if and when the cap is reached, because some were moved to entry level at 150 to 200 at a time. All with the same seniority date... first in, first out? 200 at a time?

This could get interesting.....

Decker

Your Chairman should have the most recent numbers as updated by National Ford Department. As for the list I couldnt tell you, but that should go by company seniority.

If its not posted by friday Ill try and remember to write down the numbers and post em

28,569 Production Ford Traditional Employees

7,897 Skilled Ford Employees

6,677 Entry Level Ford Employees

43,143 TOTAL

Long Term Supplemental /

Temporary Part-Time Population

233 LTS Employees

104 TPT Employees

Salaried Unit Population

352 UAW Salaried Employees

80/20 Entry Level as negotiated in 2007 Agreement

43,143 Total Workforce #

- 784 Rawsonville Employees

- 1,711 Sterling Employees

- 337 Temp Employees

- 2,845 Insourced Jobs

-12 PRLP Employees

x .20

+ 2,845 Insourced Jobs

+ 784 Rawsonville Employees

+ 1,711 Sterling Employees

12,830 Employees Allowed

6,677 Total Entry Level Employees

• Like 1

Thank you lquidspine, we seem to be getting all types of info on this subject. But, no real answers to if and when Ford projects reaching the cap and how the members will be moved to hold the higher rates of pay. (classifications) (which they`re all ready preforming)

Outstanding!!! littlecountry!! once again you have come through with flying colors.

Decker

Edited by Decker

The 20% threshold only relates to US production employee numbers. In Canada, we went another way - 10 year full wage grow in and a defined contribution retirement savings plan for all new hires. We still have about 700 production and trades on layoff.

If Oakville has hired off the street, how can the CAW still have members on lay-off.

If Oakville has hired off the street, how can the CAW still have members on lay-off.

Employees from St. Thomas and Windsor were canvased for transfer to the greater Toronto area and only 200 plus people elected to take transfer, so remaining jobs were put out for hire off street.

therefore the people who elected not to transfer are still on lay-off with another 500 cuts coming in 2014 from elimination of the 5.4 in windsor.

what are people waiting for?

The 5.4L V8 production has been extended to 2015. The V10 production needs have increased and life of product to 2018. We are awaiting new investment. There will be a few hundred retiring by the end of the contract and a few hundred will lose recall rights by the end of the contract. I have until March 2019 to be recalled. I rather work in Wndsor for $ 20.00/hr rather than take a transfer to TO. You will see more people from Windsor coming on the next round of transfers next year when they start the third shift in trim and chassis. They skipped the last round of transfers because they want to be near the bottom of Oakvilles seniority list hoping for a layoff and a transfer back to Windsor.

The 5.4L V8 production has been extended to 2015. The V10 production needs have increased and life of product to 2018. We are awaiting new investment. There will be a few hundred retiring by the end of the contract and a few hundred will lose recall rights by the end of the contract. I have until March 2019 to be recalled. I rather work in Wndsor for $ 20.00/hr rather than take a transfer to TO. You will see more people from Windsor coming on the next round of transfers next year when they start the third shift in trim and chassis. They skipped the last round of transfers because they want to be near the bottom of Oakvilles seniority list hoping for a layoff and a transfer back to Windsor.

Judging by the word going around OAC this week, when they announce an upcoming billion dollar investment, layoffs may be a thing of the past around here. When the c-platform comes, I'm sure anybody who is here from Windsor won't have to worry about lay-offs.