Three days of ownership and....

Bearcats98

A bloody hail storm goes through my wifes place of business. She is driving it so we can get it broken in. I am out of town so I can tell what damage there is. She sent me a picture of the hail she picked up and put in her hand and its the size of nickels and quartes. I am so sick to my stomach right now....

I cant tell anthing from the car pictures. PLus its white and the sky is overcast....*sigh*

Guest RRF985

Wow sorry to hear that. Hopefully there is no damage. If there are minor dents you might be able to get away with paintless dent removal.

My wife had an Acura TL that went through a severe hail storm when she was shopping at a mall. At dinner that night, she told me how loud the hail was when it was hitting the metal roof of the store she was in. When I asked how her car looked when she drove it home, she said she didn't notice anything.

We both got up from the dinner table and went to the garage. Turned on the garage lights, and the TL looked like it was a golf ball with dimples on every inch of the sheet metal. There were hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of dimples.

Insurance adjuster said for us to bring it to a specific body shop that specialized in hail dent removal. They gave us an estimate of $6,000 to remove all the dents. After having the car for 2 days, the body shop called and said there were too many dents. They recommended replacing all the sheet metal, which the insurance company approved. I believe it was over $10,000 to complete. They did a great job, and the 3 year old car looked brand new.

A bunch of dents in roof, a couple on fender...hood and trunk seem to have survived somehow. Drivers chrome window trim has a few dents too. Body shop visit friday, insurwnce adjuster Monday. Still very not happy.

Hopefully it'll all be a distant memory in a few months.

On the Karma side maybe this is the one bad thing that will happen to your car?

A bunch of dents in roof, a couple on fender...hood and trunk seem to have survived somehow. Drivers chrome window trim has a few dents too. Body shop visit friday, insurwnce adjuster Monday. Still very not happy.

Your giving me flashbacks to a few years ago when a freak storm hailed over my area. I feel your pain, insurance and a good body shop should get you fixed up. The mental frustration is not so easy. Good Luck.

Sorry you are going through this, the first minor imperfection on a new car makes me sick to my stomach, I can't even imagine 150 dents.

You aren't kidding they were using a grease marker to indicate each dent. After about 48 on the hood Ihad to walk away. I will admit even withe grease markings some were tough to see. So I am leaving it in their hands next week and we will see....

I drove a company car through a hailstorm in SE North Carolina a few years back. It was a 2005 Ford Taurus, I called it "The Beast". I was scared to see the outside of it after the storm, beacuse I heard a lot of pings and crunches. Surprisingly, the body was in good shape. The plastic parts didn't fare very well, it blew out one of the polycarbonate headlight lenses, broke the blue oval off the front grille, and cracked one of the support columns on the drivers side-view mirror. It was repaired using parts from a totaled Taurus. The body shop guy told me that it usually causes less body damage if you are driving to keep your car moving during a hailstorm, although not advised by police and weathermen/women.

Guest RRF985
I get to pick her up today. We will see how she turns out. SO glad to be giving up the Rental. It was so bad my wife refused to drive it after the first day! Chevy Impala...nuf said...

Hopefully it is perfect. As far as the rental, I had an Impala a yea ago when my truck was being worked on. What a terrible car. I can't believe people actually buy them.

Hopefully it is perfect. As far as the rental, I had an Impala a yea ago when my truck was being worked on. What a terrible car. I can't believe people actually buy them.

No doubt. I travel a lot for work so get them quite often at airport rentals and know what piles they are. I could never understand buying one for personal use. Just blech.

I have her back and she looks awesome. This guy is GREAT. Its hard to tell with the White Plat in the first place but I knew how the metal felt when I turned her in. Smooth as a babys bottom now. Also saw some more of his work pre/post from when I dropper her off to pick up today. This one Silverado hood was destroyed...destoyed. It looked brand new and he still said he had some spots that still needs a bit of tweaking.

I am so pleased. And on top of it I got 31.2 MPG up and back for a 93 mile trip averaging 66 MPH. Car only has 400 miles on it.

• Like 1

I have her back and she looks awesome. This guy is GREAT. Its hard to tell with the White Plat in the first place but I knew how the metal felt when I turned her in. Smooth as a babys bottom now. Also saw some more of his work pre/post from when I dropper her off to pick up today. This one Silverado hood was destroyed...destoyed. It looked brand new and he still said he had some spots that still needs a bit of tweaking.

I am so pleased. And on top of it I got 31.2 MPG up and back for a 93 mile trip averaging 66 MPH. Car only has 400 miles on it.

Always great to hear with a bad experience has a good result! It's crazy what some of those body shops can do with dent removal. Unreal.

Awesome! Now send me some picks of that jack :)