Weird rear-glass seam tape ... ?!

Hi All -

as I was walking around my Z today I noticed something that caught my eye.

Actually, I cant believe I missed it at delivery ....

right on the back rear glass in both of the two lower corners, where the glass's corner rests inset with the rest of trunk and side panel seams -

there appears to be 2 very small - maybe 5/8 inch long, 3/8 inch wide pieces of black seam-tape. I'm wondering if there had been damage done to these edges while the back glass was being installed during assembly.

I wonder if this might have had something to do with my car's stopover at Flat Rock!

Has anyone noticed this on their cars?

It's not a huge deal, apart from the fact that the tape is not flush to the surface where it was applied. (i'm going to have to resist the urge to pull it off and what lies underneath)

So far it is the only "defect" i have found in the workmanship of the car ....

Edited by jschmitt3

Hi All -

as I was walking around my Z today I noticed something that caught my eye.

Actually, I cant believe I missed it at delivery ....

right on the back rear glass in both of the two lower corners, where the glass's corner rests inset with the rest of trunk and side panel seams -

there appears to be 2 very small - maybe 5/8 inch long, 3/8 inch wide pieces of black seam-tape. I'm wondering if there had been damage done to these edges while the back glass was being installed during assembly.

I wonder if this might have had something to do with my car's stopover at Flat Rock!

Has anyone noticed this on their cars?

It's not a huge deal, apart from the fact that the tape is not flush to the surface where it was applied. (i'm going to have to resist the urge to pull it off and what lies underneath)

So far it is the only "defect" i have found in the workmanship of the car ....

Can you snap a picture of this? I'd love to see what you're referencing.

I pulled them off as part of my delivery inspection with the dealer. We assumed they were part of the shipping protection or part of the window install/glass protection film. Several rain storms and no leaks. I also had the dealer tint all windows so I was looking specifically at that work when I discovered the tape.

I pulled them off as part of my delivery inspection with the dealer. We assumed they were part of the shipping protection or part of the window install/glass protection film. Several rain storms and no leaks. I also had the dealer tint all windows so I was looking specifically at that work when I discovered the tape.

Thanks Coyote!

I got brave and pulled them off .... they were some type of protective film or gummy tape. Surfaces underneath were clean and undamaged!

:-)