What did you do to your Fusion today?

CheesyRider

Completed Ti Tail Light installation.

Follow these instructions.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54048-how-to-swap-se-tail-lights-for-titanium/&do=findComment&comment=861653

I took about one hour total for the swap, all four lights.

Protect the paint, the lens assy. can get away from you.

image-11.jpg

Pop off the grommet. And re-use it.

image-9-8.jpg

Completed assembly. It really looks good at night, I didn't get a chance to take a night time photo.

image-12.jpg

I also rebadged with the chrome on black gels. Hood, trunk, steering wheel and four wheels. Subtle change but effective.

image-13.jpg

Edited by Gkinla
  • Like 1

I did change all the lights, inner and outer. I didn't post any inner pictures because they are so easy to change.

These, what I call halo lights are the night time driving lights, I just reached in and turned on the headlights. The center light on the outside and the brake light still function the same. The only change is the halo, and I might add it throws much more light to the rear, you'll be much more visible at night. The halo doesn't function during the day. Unless the lights are on due to rain or a dark day.

Edited by Gkinla

Guest RRF985

I realize that. It's just on my Ti when the lights are on only the ring is lit. It's an interesting observation about those changing their SE lights to Ti lights.

• Like 1

I have never seen a Ti in the wild at night. It's interesting that this is not the way the Ti operates, it must be something in the wiring. I know when I see the Mustang at night just the ring is lit up. So it's not a direct plug and play. This way it does throw a lot of light to the rear. Brake lights and turn signals still work okay.

Edited by Gkinla

I just checked JScullin's posted picture the inner lights are on also, on the, How to swap SE tail lights to Titanium... forum.

I just may be a wire that needs clipping or changing to another pin.

Can anyone can help with Ti and SE wiring diagrams?

Took it in to get the transmission fixed. 2,700 miles and the third gear syncro is out. Makes me sick to have my car opened up for this repair. They aren't even putting in a new trans, they are replacing the syncro and gear and buttoning it back up. Add this to the paint issues, trunk molding deformation and fuel tank repairs I am having done along with the MFT hangups and this isn't the best new car experience I have ever had. I have done a quarter million miles between all manual transmission cars I've owned and never had a clutch go, let alone anything inside the transmission. I am slowly becoming disappointed in this car.

Installed a VG Shark Fin Antenna. Installed LED Reverse lights, licence plate lights and trunk lights. Going to do the high beams and park lights soon. Details on what I used here... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq27rda5d4oedFZjY2lpZkdTNEdOYTkybXZYT3ZmbGc&usp=sharing

I've also added a couple new photos to the album and will continue to as I make improvements.... https://plus.google.com/photos/111834333466250462096/albums/5888673569117092193

Installed carbon fiber stickers for the push button start and radio volume knob. I like them!

Ordered black out vinyl stickers for the center wheel caps and getting black/chrome Ford emblems for the front/rear/steering wheel. Can get an emblem for the wheels if you prefer that over the all black sticker shown below.

power-button.jpgwheels.jpgblackchrome+emblem+overlays.jpgvolume-button.jpg

Installed a VG Shark Fin Antenna. Installed LED Reverse lights, licence plate lights and trunk lights. Going to do the high beams and park lights soon. Details on what I used here... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq27rda5d4oedFZjY2lpZkdTNEdOYTkybXZYT3ZmbGc&usp=sharing

I've also added a couple new photos to the album and will continue to as I make improvements.... https://plus.google.com/photos/111834333466250462096/albums/5888673569117092193

So a subjective question for you - Do you see a significant difference in the headlights by using the SilverStar Ultra headlights?

I used them in the past, and thought they were marginally better. However, I started experiencing them burning out more often than standard, so it didn't seem worth it and I stopped using them.

Those carbon fiber stickers are bad ass!

I decided to give my babe a detail before I took her to the beach .... Like a full effin detail, wash, wheel wash, interior, door jams, trunk and engine bay.

Heh...for me that's "just a wash". But then again, with my OCD I am a small diamond producer. :doh:

Looks sharp.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I don't give my car a good wash till my days off from work - while at work she parks in a gravel lot so dust galore.

That would terrorize me daily. I work in a place where I can park out in the back 40 and not worry about dings, bird poo or what have you. Gravel every day; no way man!