What did you do to your Fusion today?

CheesyRider

Took a trip down to the Tesla Dealer in Washington DC, Saturday to do a Test Drive of the Model S. Made the 29 mile drive down there in my Fusion Energi on almost all electric, charged up down while there and made it back on almost all EV.

Hope my Fusion did not mine me driving a Tesla. But it was pretty awesome. This is real future for EV. At one point the salesman had me slow down to 30 mph and than punch it to 60, with in a second or so we were passing 60, pinned to the seat, like a Disney rocket ride. The car I was driving had a price tag of $109K so it looks like I am going to be driving Fords for the foreseeable future.

post-49063-0-50685000-1375414498_thumb.jpg post-49063-0-46024400-1375414499_thumb.jpg

The Tesla is a very nice car, it's really good to see someone pushing the boundaries on that kind of tech.

I totally agree. The power, the all EV, the amount of inside and cargo space was unreal, but I really loved the 17" display. But reality check, even the salesman said he could not afford one and was looking at the Volt and the Fusion Energi....I set him straight, the Energi was the only other choice.

Almost four months into ownership, I finally removed the dealer's sticker from the rear end. Looks so much better and the ecoboost badge is for sure coming off soon!

I never let them put that on :). But after almost 4 months, I finally tried out the parallel Active Park Assist. It worked impressively well!

IMAGE_9-10-11.jpg

Darn that's close to the curb. I hate parallel parking but rarely have the need so didn't get the option.

No more ecoboost badge on my car. Looks a lot better as the blue of the badge was meshing with my black emblem. Now if only I could get rid of the ugly license plate colors!

• Like 1

Very expensive option to only use quarterly...

What I did for the first time in 2315 miles was to put gas into mine (11.1 gallons actually). I chickened out at 85 miles to empty, but I guess I had 2.9 gallons or over 120 miles left without battery. Sadly Fuely won't register until I have 3 tanks and at this rate it'll be 4 more months. I also had to pretend the dealer put in 1 gallon as they do not account for a new car having an empty tank to fill.

Edited by shaggy314

Just dropped Her off at the shop to get the DRL's turned on and a creeking noise in the Pillar between front and back checked out.

Let me know how you make out on this! Of course I am getting the "You can't activate DRL" issue, and I am reporting the noise as well, which has been an issue on and off for me.

Let me know how you make out on this! Of course I am getting the "You can't activate DRL" issue, and I am reporting the noise as well, which has been an issue on and off for me.

I got the same "You can't activate DRL" response from my dealer. Please keep us updated with your experience.

Had no issues. There is no true "switch" in the ford program to turn it on. They had to go into another program to do it.. was something like INS or some 3 letter thing. They use the low beam head lights for DRL's. If i get a chance maybe i will ask them again exactly how they did it and you can then relay the message.

• Like 1

Also i switched out my Fog lights and Lows for H9 bulbs. What a diffrence. Would really rather do the HID's but not going thru a retrofit of the projectors. If i can find the camera i will try to get a pic. my Cell phone just gets a lot of glare in the pic. They are much brighter and a cleaner light. Nothing like HID's but not a really yellow light either.

Took my fusion into the dealership this afternoon to fix some issues: gas fill up issue (dealership claims they haven't heard of any TSB's to fix it, i printed off copies for them), MFT update for cluster, MFT summer update, fix the trim piece on drivers door that keeps popping out of place, fix issue with pass front window not rolling down with global open, and not going up on its own with auto up, also getting the wheels cleaned as the sticky residue from the plastic crap they put on the wheels when the cars are shipped was never cleaned off and i didn't notice it until the car finally went a week or so without a bath, hope to get it back tomorrow before end of day otherwise going to have to pick up a rental for the weekend.

Took my fusion into the dealership this afternoon to fix some issues: gas fill up issue (dealership claims they haven't heard of any TSB's to fix it, i printed off copies for them), MFT update for cluster, MFT summer update, fix the trim piece on drivers door that keeps popping out of place, fix issue with pass front window not rolling down with global open, and not going up on its own with auto up, also getting the wheels cleaned as the sticky residue from the plastic crap they put on the wheels when the cars are shipped was never cleaned off and i didn't notice it until the car finally went a week or so without a bath, hope to get it back tomorrow before end of day otherwise going to have to pick up a rental for the weekend.

I have a car wash membership (unlimited car washes) and the piece came out after a car wash and I thought the machine caused this....But, both the driver and passenger side have both popped out now. Also I have the auto up issue only with the passenger side window but it is intermittent...please let me know if the dealer fixed these issues permanently.

Got my car back from the dealership yesterday, bit of a disappointing trip. I did get a base model Camry as a loaner, so I was very happy to get my car back (the Camry was a giant POS). Here are the things I dropped it off for and their response.

Fuel Module Recall: Done

Seatbelt sounded like it had gravel in it: Replaced

Distortion in rear window: Said all the other Fusions on the lot looked the same and refused to replace it. After seeing someone here get theirs replaced and get one that was worse I think I'll just leave this one alone.

Poor gas mileage/engine roughness under throttle: Their "gas mileage loop" returned 31mpg :nonono: I'm sure they drove like a grandma. They also said they didn't notice any roughness or hesitation in the engine.

Trans hard shift/shudder: Could not reproduce

AC smell: Could not reproduce. Told me to turn the AC off for a few minutes before ending my trip but still ran some disinfectant through the AC. Now the ac smells like disinfectant, though I'm sure that will go away soon. Pretty annoying that I never had to do that with my 13 year old Audi.

I'm going to do a quick look through the engine bay to see if there is maybe a vacuum hose leak or something, that's what it feels like when I'm decently hard on the throttle. As for the trans, I guess I'll just have to wait for it to get worse...

I have a car wash membership (unlimited car washes) and the piece came out after a car wash and I thought the machine caused this....But, both the driver and passenger side have both popped out now. Also I have the auto up issue only with the passenger side window but it is intermittent...please let me know if the dealer fixed these issues permanently.

going to pick up the car in a little bit here but dealer just called with all the info on work performed:

drivers door trim piece was removed and got new adhesive applied and replaced

window modules were re programmed and they said that fixed the window global open and auto up on pass front door

gas tank is going to get replaced but the tank is on back order, ETA unknown at this time, will call once it arrives

crap on the wheels was polished off and entire car got detailed

didn't say if they did the MFT update for the cluster or the MFT summer update, will inquire when i pick her up...

going to pick up the car in a little bit here but dealer just called with all the info on work performed:

drivers door trim piece was removed and got new adhesive applied and replaced

window modules were re programmed and they said that fixed the window global open and auto up on pass front door

gas tank is going to get replaced but the tank is on back order, ETA unknown at this time, will call once it arrives

crap on the wheels was polished off and entire car got detailed

didn't say if they did the MFT update for the cluster or the MFT summer update, will inquire when i pick her up...

2-4 weeks for gas tank to arrive, they are on back order right now.

MFT cluster update will be done after tank is replaced.

also was not able to do the MFT SYNC summer update, dealership said that all updates are current, so does the sync site, must be a delayed roll out for all vehicles...

2-4 weeks for gas tank to arrive, they are on back order right now.

MFT cluster update will be done after tank is replaced.

also was not able to do the MFT SYNC summer update, dealership said that all updates are current, so does the sync site, must be a delayed roll out for all vehicles...

what's the difference between the MFT Cluster and MFT SYNC updates?? I just updated the SYNC 2 days ago with the 3.6 Summer update.

It was part of the TSB for cars that couldn't get more than 10-12 gallons of fuel in when on empty. Cars with MFT needed the cluster to also be calibrated because the low fuel light would come on with only 10-20 miles to empty (roughly .5 gallons), but in actuality there was closer to 50 miles to empty (2.5-3 gallons) available.

what's the difference between the MFT Cluster and MFT SYNC updates?? I just updated the SYNC 2 days ago with the 3.6 Summer update.

It was part of the TSB for cars that couldn't get more than 10-12 gallons of fuel in when on empty. Cars with MFT needed the cluster to also be calibrated because the low fuel light would come on with only 10-20 miles to empty (roughly .5 gallons), but in actuality there was closer to 50 miles to empty (2.5-3 gallons) available.

thats correct, the MFT cluster update is part of the TSB for the fuel tank issue, once the tank is replaced then they do the update to re calibrate the gas gauge.

here is a link to the TSB, http://www.fordservicecontent.com/pubs/content/~WT/~MUS~LEN/3575/tsb13-06-03.pdf