What did you do to your Fusion today?

CheesyRider

Took a long lunch.....well more like spent the day cleaning the exterior of my Fusion.

Pressure rinse

Pressure Foam Wash (Foaming Lance).

Pressure rinse

Clay bar the entire car

JetSeal 109 Sealed (looks like I will be taking aspirin tonight)

Tomorrow a coat of wax, then interior cleaning. Hope to get the some pictures too (if the winds calm down).

Titanium tail lights shipped out and should be here by next weekend. Also have a set of Lamin-X charcoal film for them on the way too.

All should tie in nicely with the 40% tint I had done on Wednesday.

Edited by JScullin

Took a long lunch.....well more like spent the day cleaning the exterior of my Fusion.

Pressure rinse

Pressure Foam Wash (Foaming Lance).

Pressure rinse

Clay bar the entire car

JetSeal 109 Sealed (looks like I will be taking aspirin tonight)

Tomorrow a coat of wax, then interior cleaning. Hope to get the some pictures too (if the winds calm down).

After I gave my kids a bath:

IMG_4847.JPG IMG_4848.JPG

Just locked my key fob in the trunk and I hadn't got around to writing the factory keypad code down yet or setting my own cOde. Feel like an idiot!

I would laugh, but if I locked mine in the trunk, I would be in the same boat. Time to write that down or/and change it. Thanks for the lesson. They say we should learn by our mistakes, but it is better to learn from someones else. :)

Guest RRF985
Just locked my key fob in the trunk and I hadn't got around to writing the factory keypad code down yet or setting my own cOde. Feel like an idiot!

Oh this is very interesting. I figured with the Intelligent Access it wouldn't allow you to lock the key in the trunk. I did this on my mom's Infiniti G35 once and the car beeped a lot and popped the trunk back open. Luckily we have keypads on the driver's door but you need to know the code for that. :P

My thoughts exactly. When I test drove the accord the car wouldn't allow you to lock keys in the trunk. Very minor issue once I actually take the time to get a code. It was on my mental list of things to do, but never happened.

It was one of the first things I did. Because I am paranoid and didn't want to be using the supplied unchangeable master code in front of people.

Oh this is very interesting. I figured with the Intelligent Access it wouldn't allow you to lock the key in the trunk. I did this on my mom's Infiniti G35 once and the car beeped a lot and popped the trunk back open. Luckily we have keypads on the driver's door but you need to know the code for that. :P

I thought the same. Does anyone know (or tired) if you can lock the doors from the outside with the Keys in the front part of the car?

Can you tell me if you installed the Sharkfin Antenna yourself or did a shop do it? I really like the idea and look of it

I did it myself. Took about 10 minutes. Used some Dawn dish soap to clean the area real good. Then wiped with alcohol pad. Let it dry. Hooked up the antenna. Lined it up front to back and put masking tape at front and back. Then got lucky and set it "straight the first time and marked it with tape left to right. Then took a deep breath and pulled the tape and pressed the front down first. Held it for a couple of minutes, then double checked the alignment and then stuck the back down. Held that for a couple of minutes as well. Then detailed the paint and the fin with my maguirs detail spray. I love it. Only noticeable antenna loss is far away stations. My hometown is about 60 miles from here. With the stock antenna I picked it up no problem, with the fin it is a little fuzzy. Oh well. I mainly listen to local stations and my USB thumdrive! I love the look!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

What did I do to my Fusion today?? (Well yesterday) Stopped at a stop light at the end of the exit ramp for Dixon Road from Highway 427N and was promptly rear-ended by a 2013 Audi A7. The combined mileage on both vehicles? 3,100 miles.

Thankfully it was only a fender bender. Small hole in the plastic part of the bumper, popped it out from the quarter panel just a touch on the driver side, and somehow cracked the corner of the right tail light portion that is on the trunk lid. This means the trunk lid flexed A LOT (There is a lot of plastic there).

The great collision shop I use will find every little thing, so I am OK with the repair, but gee whiz people, PAY ATTENTION! And oh yeah, maybe your 2013 Audi A7, which costs roughly twice what my Fusion did, should have COLLISION WARNING!!!! Hahahaha. That is the ONLY satisfaction I get from this at all.

• Like 1

What did I do to my Fusion today?? (Well yesterday) Stopped at a stop light at the end of the exit ramp for Dixon Road from Highway 427N and was promptly rear-ended by a 2013 Audi A7. The combined mileage on both vehicles? 3,100 miles.

Thankfully it was only a fender bender. Small hole in the plastic part of the bumper, popped it out from the quarter panel just a touch on the driver side, and somehow cracked the corner of the right tail light portion that is on the trunk lid. This means the trunk lid flexed A LOT (There is a lot of plastic there).

The great collision shop I use will find every little thing, so I am OK with the repair, but gee whiz people, PAY ATTENTION! And oh yeah, maybe your 2013 Audi A7, which costs roughly twice what my Fusion did, should have COLLISION WARNING!!!! Hahahaha. That is the ONLY satisfaction I get from this at all.

Was the individual on the phone?

I hear you on the pay attention part. Isn't the whole point of being in the drivers seat to DRIVE the car? (huge pet peeve of mine).

• Like 1