Buyout checks

692yeehaw

I called NESC and the said that my check was printed on Tuesday, but does anyone know if they are mailed to my address or to the plant for pick-up?Nobody seems to know, and I have heard 3 versions from 3 different people.

Because of the size of that check you will have to pick it up at the plant. Had to pick mine up in April.

When I picked mine up, I had to go upstairs (up front)...through the glass doors and up the steps. They didn't call to let me know.

So, did you call to see if it was there? Labor rep just told me that they will call me when they are ready to hand them out....to me, that means, were going to drag our heels on this as long as possible.

How did you know it was there?

Dont mean to sound deperate, but I dont get paid from my new job till the 17th, and its getting thin. lol And NESC told me that I wont even get my last check from ford until the middle of next week.

:happy feet: :happy feet: Does any one know what the dollar amount is after taxes of the 100,000.00 ? I heard it was a straight 42%....thanks for your help[

quote name=51071' date='Aug 9 2006, 04:49 PM' post='72955]

Because of the size of that check you will have to pick it up at the plant. Had to pick mine up in April.

You should have waited on the buyout because it will be $140,000 just like GM in a couple more weeks.

Make up your mind, on another thread( Ford Death Watch) you said companies near bankruptcy do not offer that much. :shrug: This is a Ford employee forum. What plant do you work at?

Edited by sez

42%?! He only cleared 42,000 ! Is that right? :shrug:

The average check for those at SLAP was around $62,500 after taxes but this will depend on your withholding claims on your W-4.

I know one guy who called me because his check was for $84,600 but he claimed 99 on his W-4. I did not know you could do that but this is what he said he did. I told him to contact an accountant or the IRS and find out what he is going to owe since I know him pretty good and he will end up blowing the money and will owe the IRS a bundle come tax time next year. Sometimes I wonder if his elevator goes to the top floor, if you know what I mean. :doh:

The average check for those at SLAP was around $62,500 after taxes but this will depend on your withholding claims on your W-4.

I know one guy who called me because his check was for $84,600 but he claimed 99 on his W-4. I did not know you could do that but this is what he said he did. I told him to contact an accountant or the IRS and find out what he is going to owe since I know him pretty good and he will end up blowing the money and will owe the IRS a bundle come tax time next year. Sometimes I wonder if his elevator goes to the top floor, if you know what I mean. :doh:

yea, if its over a certain amount they will penalize you for not having enough withheld....

Could someone please tell me what the "terms" are for taking the $100,000 buyout? Dont you have to wait so many months [i have heard as many as 27 months!] before you can start collecting your pension? Is this true? And also....if people are taking the 100,000....why would Ford up it to 140,000? Thanks in advance for any info on this subject.

Edited by pistonfan

Could someone please tell me what the "terms" are for taking the $100,000 buyout? Dont you have to wait so many months [i have heard as many as 27 months!] before you can start collecting your pension? Is this true? And also....if people are taking the 100,000....why would Ford up it to 140,000? Thanks in advance for any info on this subject.

I don't think they are getting the response from the 12-20 year senority group that they had hoped for and Wall Street is becoming impatient with FoMoCo's "Way Forward" plan so they may have decided to up the antee after seeing GM's response to their buyouts. IMO

I don't think they are getting the response from the 12-20 year senority group that they had hoped for and Wall Street is becoming impatient with FoMoCo's "Way Forward" plan so they may have decided to up the antee after seeing GM's response to their buyouts. IMO

Hey Capt. How is the family doing? I haven't been posting much lately. Maybe you can answer a question for me, how long did it take for the guys at St Louis to get the checks for 100K? If I remember right it only took them a couple of weeks to get theirs. Just curious, I was informed last night that they are going to try to have all the buyouts done by October 1st. One other question, How is the recovery from surgery going? I know it was a somewhat slow process for me, but I feel alot better now.

Hey Capt. How is the family doing? I haven't been posting much lately. Maybe you can answer a question for me, how long did it take for the guys at St Louis to get the checks for 100K? If I remember right it only took them a couple of weeks to get theirs. Just curious, I was informed last night that they are going to try to have all the buyouts done by October 1st. One other question, How is the recovery from surgery going? I know it was a somewhat slow process for me, but I feel alot better now.

Doing great, how was your trip to STL? I did not hear from you but I was gone to Scout camp for a week.

Buyout checks came 10-14 days after the deadline to withdraw (April 1st).

Recovery is rather slow when compared to other surgeries I have had. Made the mistake of going down a toilet bowl water slide two days ago and smacked it on an edge of the slide WOW that hurt and still does. Alot of numbness and tendernees at the surgery site, fingers are better but not at 100%, doc said they may never be back since it was pinched off so long before repaired. Blame that one on FoMoCo for denying responsibility for so long. Will be released from him in November, then I can settle and put this chapter behind me.

I to, am hoping for a buyout, if not I will be leaving anyway for another job next year after I complete school, but I would hate to quit if I was able to draw a $100,000 or $140,000 check before leaving. Will be in your neck of the woods (Johnson County Community College, Overland Park KS.) from August through September for school.