What are the must have accessories, where did you get them and what mods did you do?

taylorjd

• 4 weeks later...
Has anybody ordered directly from Ford (accessories.ford.com)? How long did it take to get? I put in an order a week ago for dealer pickup and still haven't been called that it's in

I have not ordered from them before, but I have heard it can take a few weeks. I did not see any good contact info, so I don't have any good suggestions.

Has anybody ordered directly from Ford (accessories.ford.com)? How long did it take to get? I put in an order a week ago for dealer pickup and still haven't been called that it's in

I'd suggest Levitown Ford as they are far cheaper. Copy/paste the item number from Ford.

• 1 month later...
I am planning to get 2013 Ford Fusion Hood Lift Struts when someone makes them. I am in contact (since February) with Steeda and with Redline Tuning who are working on them. Redline (which I think I has a better product) actually had completed a version, but then decided to improve it so they are making some minor changes before releasing it. Anyone know much about the two companies? Know any others?

I have not heard anything from Steeda, but I have been in contact with Redline (my preferred choice anyway). Not yet selling but here is what they told me:

"The new Fusion bolt-in QuickLIFT system will be available soon - we are waiting on one last production part to come in. We will release the installation video later today - I will forward you the URL...Thank you,

Brian

Redline Tuning"

Followed up with the URL moments later:

"We just posted our installation video - system coming soon..."

This looks to me like a must have accessory! Brain told me that "We will have plenty in stock when we release the system. We will probably put up the purchase page up a week before to get pre-orders placed.

QuickLIFT PLUS will be < $100 and ELITE series $119.95. " I'll let you all know when it is.

Why is that a "must-have" accessory? I don't understand the disdain for prop rods. They never wear out.

To me, it is a must have. I hate the manual prop rods. Manual roll up windows never were out either, but I NEED power windows and the Auto up and Auto down is a Must Have for me too.....that is how I roll :)

Why is that a "must-have" accessory? I don't understand the disdain for prop rods. They never wear out.

It's a nifty mod for car enthusiasts and modders. However, for most Fusion owners, the car will be serviced at the shop (dealership or other place) and a prop rod is all that is needed.

Edit: And DIYers that prefer hood struts.

Edited by HenryVIII

It's a nifty mod for car enthusiasts and modders. However, for most Fusion owners, the car will be serviced at the shop (dealership or other place) and a prop rod is all that is needed.

You all maybe right, but I am getting it the moment it is available. I think Redline did a real nice setup w an easy install. No holes to dill. Looks like it was factory option, very clean (plus easy to undue if you want to).

I get it if you're just looking for something to tinker with it's an easy install. But I've had prop rods on 4 of my last 5 vehicles and I change my own oil and it's never been an issue. I just don't understand the angst it causes some people or spending $100+ to change it.

To each their own. Modification is a way to personalize.

At least its not like on my other cars forum where some knuckle head is pulling the main cat to place a test pipe in but is not going to remedy the obvious coming CEL (sensor sims). Says the CEL is nothing to worry about and wont cause any problems. Then he proceeds to put people down and threaten to smack them around (like a typical immature person behind a keyboard) for telling him how he is doing it wrong and he needs to make corrections when the first post in his thread says I am doing this, what do you think....LOL You just can't fix stupid!

To each their own. Modification is a way to personalize.

At least its not like on my other cars forum where some knuckle head is pulling the main cat to place a test pipe in but is not going to remedy the obvious coming CEL (sensor sims). Says the CEL is nothing to worry about and wont cause any problems. Then he proceeds to put people down and threaten to smack them around (like a typical immature person behind a keyboard) for telling him how he is doing it wrong and he needs to make corrections when the first post in his thread says I am doing this, what do you think....LOL You just can't fix stupid!

I wasn't really talking about folks who just do it for fun or to tinker. There are a large number of folks who think prop rods should be outlawed and that having one is the end of the world and they complain about it endlessly (not here necessarily). I'm just trying to understand why.

I wasn't really talking about folks who just do it for fun or to tinker. There are a large number of folks who think prop rods should be outlawed and that having one is the end of the world and they complain about it endlessly (not here necessarily). I'm just trying to understand why.

Ah. I am not sure what to say about that! LOL! To me it really doesn't make a difference as long as it doesn't rattle when put away and doesn't let the hood hit me in the head while working on it! My Sonata has em, my Fusion doesn't.

only had the car for 2 weeks

current mods

- 5% Tint back windows only (front tint is not legal here so for me it's not worth the hassle...but it would look better with the fronts tinted)

- 20% tint on tail lights (Red reflector ring only)

- 20% tint on bumper reflectors

- debadged(not shown in picture)

Future mods

- coilovers(once they become available)

- 20" Deep Concave Wheels

2zkc.jpg

Edited by Luc
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Real Easy....I let the dealer do it :). I had a number of parts that I had the dealer install when I bought the car. They gave me a deal and we worked it so they would do it on the day I picked it up. It looked like it would be easy (instructions were included), but they is some wiring involved.

I did the same and my 2 month old still ok doors sill disappeared. I asked when I picked up the car, not to be found. Next day, not in the trash. Odd that they walked, wtf?

I didn't make a huge deal at the time as I'd gotten a good price on the install and parts, but STILL.

Edited by shaggy314
  • Like 1

Has anyone tried the "AVS In-Channel Ventvisor" (http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/61A1739A0A0.aspx)?

I have some that go over the trim, but the in channel ones look good and I am thinking of switching.

I bought in-channel ones for mine and ended up removing them. They looked good with windows closed, but they kept making my windows go back down as the kick back sensor or whatever you want to call it engaged. Not every time, but it got to be a pain. Plus the way the back windows open and leave a large gap on the sides of the windows for rain to come in, they were pretty useless in the rear. If you want a set, I can send them to you.

Yah, that's not good. :banghead:

You're telling me..... Cosmetic issues from factory 2 trips(1 to inspect 1 to fix), fuel tank issue 1 trip(for inspection, fixed on the next trip with the trans), 3rd gear syncro requiring a new transmission 1 trip, went to pick up after transmission replacement started it and the clutch stayed on the floor 1 trip, picked up the next day after they bled the clutch again 1 trip, fix the damaged wheels and nick on door from visit to shop 1 trip, not 1 but 2 axle shaft seals leaking on that new transmission 1 trip.

So far a total of 8 trips to the shop. 4 of them requiring overnight stays(read additional round trip to dealer for me in a rental or wife's car) resulting in me driving 30 minutes(their body shop is actually 45 away but let's say 30 for ease of math) each way to the dealer 12 times for a total diving time of roughly 12 hours plus 45min to 2 hours spent at the dealer waiting on them each time.

I have at least 24 full hours(more like 32 with dealing with rental cars and car seat swapping) or 3 full working days messing around with this expensive nightmare. I know I'm rather unlucky and this isn't an indication of every Fusion out there but I really don't want mine any more.

Edited by gazingwa

A lot of your issues seem to stem from how your shop operates and the repairs done to it. Axles, clutch, damaged wheels all are related to the shop; not build quality. However I feel your pain and you need to find another dealer that does not require a stop/inspect/come back tomorrow process.

Trust me, I understand this. The issues with Ford are the mis-formed trunk lid, poorly designed gas tank and 3rd gear synchro. Everything else is a dealer problem, Where I live the choices aren't that great.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally was able to order and got my Redline Tuning 2013 Ford Fusion Hood QuickLIFT to replace the manual Hood Rod. I bought the "21-11027-03 2013-14 BOLT-IN Fusion QL ELITE" for $129.95 (a bit extra over standard). They were very easy to install. I was going to make a video of it, but RedLine did a good job with one:

I did take a few photos (more at https://plus.google.com/photos/115104764644546017848/albums/5928385416314515377) :

IMG_1626and1630.JPG
Edited by taylorjd
  • Like 1

Hood struts. I got them from myself (www.CD3Performance.com) lol. But they are the Redline units like above and they are much better than the dumb manual hood prop. Mostly because of how often I am under the hood of the car. It gets in the way every time.

Edited by Talisman
  • Like 1