First new car and first new Ford product!

VirtualAmerican

Hi there folks,

I'm a newly registered user here at Blue Oval Forums, but I've been lurking on and off for a couple months. Thus I decided that, since I will soon be getting a Ford product for the first time, I should finally take the plunge and register because I realized it would be nice to be able to take part in this community. Blue Oval is well-known as a serious Ford/Lincoln resource and I'm looking forward to learn more about my next vehicle, share my experiences with other owners and just generally have a great resource to turn to at my fingertips if I run into any issues with the car (or the car's manufacturer for that matter)... ;)

For those who are familiar with Canadian geography, although from Québec originally, I now live in the Greater Toronto Area (Mississauga), and on April 11th, 2013, I've ordered my first new car and first Ford product ever, a 2013 Lincoln MKZ FWD Ecoboost in Ingot Silver with the charcoal interior. There aren't too many new MKZs in my neck of the woods (in fact, I've spotted the only one I've seen plated on the road so far on a trip stateside, driving through Indianapolis IN back to Ontario in the first week of April). I'm secretly hoping that my very own MKZ will be the first one I see plated on the road around here when I take delivery... that would be quite cool. :dance:

I currently drive a 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6 RWD, and my girlfriend will be inheriting it once the MKZ arrives. That Caddy's been awesome to us and remains a truly great car, so there's no way we're getting rid of it. Sorry to offend some of you, but I'm a GM fan too. In fact, I like anything made by the Big Three (my first two cars were Dodges, and I've owned a Chevy and the Caddy). :play:

I just learned through the dealership (and FordEtis - http://etis.ford.com) that my new car was built last week at Hermosillo, and I'm REALLY looking forward to its delivery. I've wanted a new MKZ ever since I first saw its prototype in person at the Detroit International Auto Show back in 2011, and I can hardly believe that I'm getting one still. Oh, and I'm only 27, so not exactly the target market for the MKZ (or any Lincoln product for that matter) but I don't care. That car's looks are just sublime.

Just have to wait for it to get to the dealership now...

Anyhoo, I'm glad to be among you all and am definitely looking forward to partake in the community. :)

Later,

Edited by VirtualAmerican

Thanks akirby!

Welcome! Can you describe what made you switch from the CTS to the MKZ?

Well, like I mentioned, *technically* it's not a switch since we're keeping the CTS as well. But you're right, the MKZ will be my car and the CTS my girlfriend's. So here are the main reasons why I chose the MKZ:

1. Wanted to try a Ford/Lincoln product for the first time to see what they're like.

2. The MKZ's look. Oh gosh, that look. Oooohhh man.

3. More car, more space and more features (at comparable equipment levels) than the Cadillac ATS for less money (at least here in Canada) which I also looked at.

4. Sleek gizmos, technology package, base model not a RWD (hard to drive RWD in the winter)

5. Great potential for reliability (although unfortunately built in Mexico) due to the Fusion's award-winning mechanical platform/power plant and great overall reputation

6. Did I mention the look? OK, then the interior design, which is also pretty hard to beat in terms of sleekness/technology/functionality.

7. Was also considering the Cadillac SRX (new) and Lincoln MKX (slightly used) but the MKZ won out when I test drove the MKX (too truck-like in comparison for my tastes). SRX was better but over my budget once equipped with what I wanted (CUE, navigation, nice wheels, etc.).

8. I buy Big Three, North American-made cars so not a whole lot of other options for me.

Edited by VirtualAmerican
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I like your #8 point, but I think we have plenty of options. And congrats on your new MKZ, we test drove one last year and it was a real nice ride. l'm sure you'll be happy with it.

Thanks! And yeah, at this point, just taking delivery of my MKZ will make me a very happy man. :shift:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
As a Big Three fan and firm believer in encouraging our North American auto industry, I can only commend your decision. :rockon:

Nice LED Daytime Running Lights too! Oh, you took delivery of a Canadian Spec 2013 Lincoln MKZ. If you lived just south of the 45` Parallel, you`d have needed a Fleet Account Number to have the DRL`s. Enjoy your new ride!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

I ordered my 2014 FFH Titanium with Moonroof & Navigation. This is my first Ford too. I've owned Vehicles from Toyota, Nissan & Hyundai but now getting my first Ford.

Sharing some info on 2014 FFH Titanium ....

I was disappointed to learn that there was NO Dual Integrated exhaust & NO Wheel (rim) options on 2013 FFH Titanium like the other lower hybrid /non hybrid titanium models. i was hoping Ford would add some of the new requested features in 2014 models.

It doesn't look like Ford is going to give dual integrated exhaust, HID Headlights, Wheel (rim) options in 2014 FFH Titanium model either.

Found this article on media.ford.com , thought would share this ..

Look under tech Specs.

I was really hoping to get those features in 2014 model.. that would give it a premium look over the other base models.

Thanks

New Ford Owner