2014 Raptor

jdaallen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FYI... Our Dealer Principal just got back from a 2-3 week trip with his son in a new 2013 F-150 Raptor SuperCrew that they picked up from a dealer in Texas. They drove from Dallas to Arizona, then Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Billings, Montana, then to Mount Rushmore, Chicago, etc. with a number of other stops to historical sites returning to Connecticut this past weekend. The EPA mileage estimates for the Raptor SuperCrew are 11 City/16 Highway. They drove over 5,000 miles and averaged 13.8 MPG on highways with 70-80 MPH speed limits. A Ford tonneau cover was installed in Las Vegas but the boss said that it didn't impact the vehicles MPG at all!

If you're driving at 70-80 MPH in a Raptor, MPG should be the furthest thought from your mind. Seriously, you want decent fuel economy in that (or any) truck, drive 60 MPH. Aerodynamics, wide, high-resistance tires, 4.10 gears, and a big honkin 6.2L V8 are not a good recipe for good MPG.

• Like 2

If you're driving at 70-80 MPH in a Raptor, MPG should be the furthest thought from your mind. Seriously, you want decent fuel economy in that (or any) truck, drive 60 MPH. Aerodynamics, wide, high-resistance tires, 4.10 gears, and a big honkin 6.2L V8 are not a good recipe for good MPG.

The purpose of the post wasn't about the Raptor MPG being poor but just about the point that you'd made. No one buying a Raptor buys it for MPG results. If anything, I was surprised that the boss did as well as 13.8 MPG average in the Raptor!

• Like 1

The purpose of the post wasn't about the Raptor MPG being poor but just about the point that you'd made. No one buying a Raptor buys it for MPG results. If anything, I was surprised that the boss did as well as 13.8 MPG average in the Raptor!

Good point...I would LOVE to have a Raptor, and I don't give a dam WHAT the MPG is! :)

Of course, I drive 7500 or so miles a year, and pay diesel prices for 11 MPG with my type of driving.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...