The unofficial, no money, "I have damage to repair" estimate pool

jcg1005

How Much????  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you think this repair will cost, exclusive of a rental car?

• $1-999
    • $1000-1999
    • $2000-2999
    • $3000-3999
    • $4000 or over
    • For BadRock, AKA Dr. Evil - $1,000,000

And for you Hybrid owners out there, the little break in the continuity of the aerodynamics may or may not have influence on my mileage. When I came back from the GTA on Thursday, my 126 mile trip got me 48.7 MPG with nearly all highway other than being at the border for 15 minutes or so. It was 88 degrees. I have come to realize this car LOVES it hot out. (I am guessing that may drop if it were say, 100, and it essentially never gets that hot here.

Of course the next day, it was a high of 57 and rained like hell. so this tank is at 43 MPG right now.

But I digress.... On my own thread, no less.

Just got my estimate on the front end. (Pickup with trailer hitch backed into me). Front bumper cover and Chrome grill surround. The grill itself is untouched. Ford estimate $1657. It will go up another 142 IF the isolatore underneath is damaged.. I put my estimate on this one at $2500.

OK... Here were go... I believe, if we play by Price is Right rules, that RRF is the winner!

Total WITH 8% NYS Sales tax...... drum roll..... $1,140.85.

Here is the scoop. Note all are OEM parts from my dealership.

Bumper Cover - $185

LT Side bracket - $37.82

Isolator - $197.40

RT Tail Lamp assy w/o ENERGI - $123.48

No sensors damage. Trunk lid is not sprung. Looks like it because the bumper cover is out of shape.

8.7 hours of labor total between parts and paint.

Oh, and that doesn't count 48 hours of rental car during the repair that will come to about $110.

I am impressed with the parts cost. I guess it makes sense, since my collision insurance went down quite a bit when I switch cars, almost all of which was lower collision coverage costs.

Guest RRF985
OK... Here were go... I believe, if we play by Price is Right rules, that RRF is the winner!

Total WITH 8% NYS Sales tax...... drum roll..... $1,140.85.

Here is the scoop. Note all are OEM parts from my dealership.

Bumper Cover - $185

LT Side bracket - $37.82

Isolator - $197.40

RT Tail Lamp assy w/o ENERGI - $123.48

No sensors damage. Trunk lid is not sprung. Looks like it because the bumper cover is out of shape.

8.7 hours of labor total between parts and paint.

Oh, and that doesn't count 48 hours of rental car during the repair that will come to about $110.

I am impressed with the parts cost. I guess it makes sense, since my collision insurance went down quite a bit when I switch cars, almost all of which was lower collision coverage costs.

Yay I won!

A lot cheaper than I actually thought. Hope you get it back quickly and that it's in just as good of shape as before.