Recalls. Is your '13 MKZ on the list?

There have been 2 recalls involving the 13 MKZ reported this week. A small 500 car electrical shock recall and a larger almost half million one regarding fuel leaks that effect some Fords, the 13 MKZ and MKS.

I called in my VIN # and found no campaigns yet on mine but the dealer told me that they thought the recall letters for the fuel leak one were set to go out by July and the shock one expected to start June 17th.

has anyone checked their VIN against either of these?

http://money.msn.com/business-news/article.aspx?feed=AP&date=20130603&id=16549424

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2013-lincoln-mkz-recalled-for-electric-shock-risk.html

Edited by xgman

• 1 month later...

Hey guys-

Mine's on the list and I'm super frustrated with Lincoln. Enough to say 'last one'! In late May, or early June, I called LCS and was told my VIN is on the list for the Fuel Delivery Module replacement and I should wait for my letter in July but don't drive it if I small gas or see a leak. Call and they'll tow it to the dealer!!

I called LCS today and found out that the letters just went out and that Lincoln is 'triaging' the repairs. If your car is un-driveable they're fixing them first because they don't have enough parts to fix them all … this after two months of knowing they have a problem? And the other recall that will go out in Aug. is to recalibrate the hybrids to improve the bad mileage. No one is getting 45mpg. The best I'm getting in town, and out, is 33.3. It actually has been dropping despite the fact that I do a lot of in-town driving on the battery. The mileage didn't change AT ALL for weeks then dropped a couple of tenths. So, I'm supposed to drive this thing until I have to be towed in or wait for how many more months for them to get to me? WOW. Am I ever impressed with Lincoln! :redcard::angry2:

Hey guys-

Mine's on the list and I'm super frustrated with Lincoln. Enough to say 'last one'! In late May, or early June, I called LCS and was told my VIN is on the list for the Fuel Delivery Module replacement and I should wait for my letter in July but don't drive it if I small gas or see a leak. Call and they'll tow it to the dealer!!

I called LCS today and found out that the letters just went out and that Lincoln is 'triaging' the repairs. If your car is un-driveable they're fixing them first because they don't have enough parts to fix them all … this after two months of knowing they have a problem? And the other recall that will go out in Aug. is to recalibrate the hybrids to improve the bad mileage. No one is getting 45mpg. The best I'm getting in town, and out, is 33.3. It actually has been dropping despite the fact that I do a lot of in-town driving on the battery. The mileage didn't change AT ALL for weeks then dropped a couple of tenths. So, I'm supposed to drive this thing until I have to be towed in or wait for how many more months for them to get to me? WOW. Am I ever impressed with Lincoln! :redcard::angry2:

Wow that is really low mileage for this car. Either you car has problems or your driving style is ... well agressive. Nothing wrong with that as long as you realize it will effect the mileage very quickly.

Hey guys-

Sorry to hear that happening to you. Regarding, MPG most of it is driving style but then it could be the faulty module like you say. Check out http://www.fuelly.com/car/lincoln/mkz/2013 a lot of us are on that site reporting our mpg there. Mines reaching almost 40mpg with mix driving. I've reset my lifetime around 4500 and got the first maintenance done last week. On the software update for the hybrid, it's a mix review from what I'm hearing but I will be updating anyways. It's nice to go EV up to 85MPH but I'm sticking to around 65 or so anyways. I'm not in a hurry any ways.

My average is 43.2 mpg

recent trip Houston to Auburn, Mass

----- gal miles mpg

tank 6.4 287 44.8

tank 11.2 413 36.9

tank 7.8 348 44.6

tank 12.4 480 38.7

tank 6.5 307 47.2

trip 44.3gal 1835miles

41.4 mpg over 1835mi, measured by gasoline consumed & miles driven

Edited by entropy

​I think we know why some are on the recall list and others not and, as I mentioned above, mine is. I do a lot of in-town driving and am not a 'lead foot'. I'm hoping it will be fixed before it has to be towed and that the mileage will improve when it is fixed. But really? Is that the best Lincoln can do after months of knowing they have a recall problem that could be dangerous? A letter telling me I'll get another letter when they can fix it? This is the NEW Lincoln? WOW. I've had recalls on other brands before and usually gotten a letter very shortly after hearing about it on the news. And those letters said bring it in at your convenience or ASAP.

Sorry to hear that happening to you. Regarding, MPG most of it is driving style but then it could be the faulty module like you say. Check out http://www.fuelly.com/car/lincoln/mkz/2013 a lot of us are on that site reporting our mpg there. Mines reaching almost 40mpg with mix driving. I've reset my lifetime around 4500 and got the first maintenance done last week. On the software update for the hybrid, it's a mix review from what I'm hearing but I will be updating anyways. It's nice to go EV up to 85MPH but I'm sticking to around 65 or so anyways. I'm not in a hurry any ways.

Do you mean you got your first maintenance at 4500 miles.....oil and filter? According to the manual, it isn't due until 10,000 miles or one year.....or am I missing something? Have to hurry if I am, since I just hit 4500 miles myself.

​I think we know why some are on the recall list and others not and, as I mentioned above, mine is. I do a lot of in-town driving and am not a 'lead foot'. I'm hoping it will be fixed before it has to be towed and that the mileage will improve when it is fixed. But really? Is that the best Lincoln can do after months of knowing they have a recall problem that could be dangerous? A letter telling me I'll get another letter when they can fix it? This is the NEW Lincoln? WOW. I've had recalls on other brands before and usually gotten a letter very shortly after hearing about it on the news. And those letters said bring it in at your convenience or ASAP.

They don't have enough replacement parts.

Do you mean you got your first maintenance at 4500 miles.....oil and filter? According to the manual, it isn't due until 10,000 miles or one year.....or am I missing something? Have to hurry if I am, since I just hit 4500 miles myself.

You get 2 free maintenance a year. Regardless of miles on the car. It's the oil change/tire rotation and whatever the other offer they included into the deal for you to purchase it. I just did it because the break in period is about 2-4k and we took a long trip. Just wanted new oil in when I reset it and hopefully see the mpg increase which it is every day. Loving the car so far. That's what I was told, typically 2 oil change a year for 4 years as part of the vehicle warranty. So might want to ask your service manager to make sure. The service schedule on the owners site does list the 10k, 20k, etc service interval like you said.

Edited by Serraph

Kirby- we know that. The question is why not? They've known about this problem for months!

Because the supplier can't keep up with the extra demand. Happens a lot with all suppliers. It's still Ford's responsibility but I'm sure they're doing all they can.

Oh, good. And is this the supplier who gave us the first Fuel Delivery Modules? Great! Let's push them to rush production. Bet that'll work well. And every time I hit the highway, I wonder if I'll end up being towed to the dealership. With my mileage, I have no doubt I have a fuel delivery problem. WIll it hold until they get parts? Should I restrict my driving? Do I just love being out there in it? Guess you can tell I'm really angry at how this has been handled so far.

What Akirby said was correct, there is a huge demand for the MKZ/Fusion right now that's why they are increasing the MKZ hybrid to 40% I believe. Overall the MKZ was a success and have a low vehicle supply as oppose to other vehicles. It's going to take a while for them to get parts.