Apple unveils iOS for the Car

Kinda surprised no one posted this yet.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/06/10/apple-unveils-ios-for-the-car/

It's basically Apple making a move to replace the built-in hardware and software that came with your car, and makes us wonder how automakers will react to all those iPhone users circumventing the OEM's own full-featured infotainment and navigation systems in favor of mirroring Apple's.

Posted here because several of Ford's worldwide competitors have sold their souls are on board. Plus, we need another multi-page thread in this forum. :stirpot:

• Like 1

Yeah, this'll be fun until Apple loses interest and wanders off.

Gee. I'd love to use glitchy Siri, buggy maps, and only be able to access music on my Apple and streaming audio from iTunes. Oh, and I'd love having to drop out of this lovely "Walled Garden" whenever I need to adjust the climate control.

It's a great idea, if you only own one Apple device, and all your stuff is on that device, and you don't ever want to use anything other than that Apple device.

• Like 1

It's funny. My first real experience with an Apple product was for the IPhone 4's I had to roll out for my company to replace the Blackberry's we had. I thought they were OK devices.

Now my wife has a Galaxy S3 and my son and I have Galaxy S4's. I look at the IPhone 5 I just delivered last week to an employee and think "it does the simple things right, but outside of that, I wouldn't want one"...

For as glitchy as MFT has been, I'd take that over iOS anyday. Shoot, if Ford went to iOS, I would have to start shopping Korean.

I just can't believe Bugs is an Apple person. My childhood is ruined!

bugs-bunny-vs-daffy-duck-apple-vs-androi