Another MKZ problem

There are no aftermarket items installed. I never even got a chance to open the hood and take a look at the engine. We have just had multiple issues with this MKZ. I can't find any good info on the true problems people are having with the new MKZs . Although, I think there are some patterns starting to pop up with the new MKZs. I'm scared to get another one that will have the same problems! We are also very, very concerned about this vehicle.

They called sometime today and stated our mkz is ready. We will pick it up tomorrow. It has been 8 more days without this vehicle. The wifey called me tonight around 8:55 pm when she was leaving work. The 2011 mkz they gave us as a rental is making a weird sound. It seems when she puts it in reverse and puts on the brakes it makes a loud clanking sound. She also stated that in the parking space where she was parkws there is little rectangular peices of metal. About a quarter inch wide by like an inch or two long. I dont know if these came off the rental but they were only in her parking place. I had to go pick her up from work. I moved the vehicle a few parking spaces and sure enough it is terrible. I moved it so the tow truck gets there is will be easy for them to hook up to it. I grabbed a flashlight and looked under the front of it. It looks like on the driver side there is some type of bolt missing. I can tell because there is a rust ring . I looked at the other side and in that same spot on the passenger side there is a bolt. What kinda luck can she have with Lincoln's? One rental smelled like gas ( I assume the recall). Then this one breaks down also. I'm begining to think lincoln is not the brand for us. Lol!

I think I am officially done dealing with this crap. I get the report back and I don't see where they did anything besides the TSB for a no key detected error (hoping this will fix my problem). Looking this up they recalibrated the Radio Transceiver Module. They stated they could not duplicate the door not opening. They stated it worked every time when they tried in front of customer and the techs boss. They stated in the report "you must completely lower finger to work properly". Which dam way should I hold my tongue? Should I also hop on one foot and tap my forehead 3 times? It was done properly. I showed them the video when we took it in of us trying to unlock the dam door and we did it exactly right. This was after us trying many more times before I started videoing. The other issues they could not duplicate so I don't know what they did. Very frustrated and pissed off!

We told Lincoln we wanted a new car with comphensation for the last two months. Of course they refused. Lincoln tried telling me that the offer they gave to me did not take away my consumer rights and that it was offered for our inconvience and for being a loyal lincoln customer. He also stated it was to put our mind at ease about the car we have (something close to that) I asked him to put that in writing and he refused. Stated he did not have the authority to do that. He stated he would document what we said in his computer but we were not allowed to see it. Does that sound like someone who is supposed to be working with the customer to solve problems?

My wife got another video of the car not opening up properly tonight. I want to take it back over to Ford and shove this video in their face. Although showing them the last video made no difference. As far as I can tell they are saying this is our fault even though the videos show otherwise .

The dealership has offered something a little different. They have offered to pay off the car and put us in another vehicle, same payments same everything. Just starting completely over. I don't know which way to go although I hate the fact of starting completely over without any compensation for all the headaches over the last two months along with the payments we have already made. Any thoughts? Suggestions?

lowfatdog, is your dealership a Lincoln exclusive store, or do they sell other brands as well? I vote for starting completely over, but with a vehicle with a different nameplate if at all possible.

Based on your MKZ experiences, "Lincoln Motor Company" has completely failed you and your wife. Given the Lincoln's current lame duck status, Ford is likely to kill the brand for good by the end of the decade. Acquiring another MKZ (or any Lincoln branded vehicle) simply doesn't make sense.

Edited by aneekr

I hate you are having such an awful time. Personally I would take a new mkz. I think it's the best option. For one, it will be a job 2 build. A lot less bugs. Also, to go lemon law takes at least 6 months. Plus, even if this car is fixed, you already have it in your mind it's a lemon.

Have you and your wife swapped key fobs and see if it does not unlock with both fobs or just one? You could have a defective fob.

Another update to add about quality customer service. I called and left a message with Lincoln (our contact ) on 08-09-2013 asking him to have someone from Lincoln meet with us in our home town on 08-16-2013. I asked for it not to be someone from our local Ford/Lincoln dealership. I told him I wanted to meet with someone from Lincoln who has the ability to solve our problems and has the authority solve it to our liking. I asked him to give me a call and tell me what he thinks. After no response for 5 days, I called back and left another message on 08-14-2013 asking him once again about this meeting. I also asked if we were still speaking. I asked him to have his supervisor call me because I wanted to move this problem forward. I did not get a response.

I have decided our contact at Lincoln has decided to simply ignore our requests for him to call us back or to have his supervisor call us back. I guess he decided not to have someone meet us at our local dealership yesterday also. What total lack of respect this company ( or should I say some of it's employees) has for it's customers. It's time to write an honest review about our experiences with this car.

Edited by lowfatdog

• 5 months later...