Chrome on rear of Escape?

howie411

Thank goodness I got 2013 Titanium. I don't care for the chrome.

Having grown up and getting my license when 50's and especially 60's cars were still on the road, my early automobile developmental years were influenced by super sized interiors (like the back seat in Jeff Olson's 1959 Electra 6 window), fins, over the top styling and chrome, so needless to say I like chrome. When I saw the tailgate accent on the SEL's I didn't car for it, it seemed like an after thought and out of place considering the amount of chrome on the rest of the car.

I'm also glad I got a 2013, not because of the tailgate, but because many of the features on my car are now packages or options. To deck out a 2014 Titanium with the standard features on the 2013, less $875 for leather, it costs around $300 more.

Thank goodness I got 2013 Titanium. I don't care for the chrome.
Yeah, I don't care for it either. I'm not sure i like the way the packages are put forth for the 2014. I like my HID lights without all the other stuff. Only thing I'm VERY curious about is the tow package with hands free lift gate. If it can be retrofitted then great. I would have the perfect set of options.

Oh, one other thing. I do like the fact that the rear view camera is standard and standalone. I'm a little jealous of that one.

Edited by Escapism
  • Like 1

Yeah, I don't care for it either. I'm not sure i like the way the packages are put forth for the 2014. I like my HID lights without all the other stuff. Only thing I'm VERY curious about is the tow package with hands free lift gate. If it can be retrofitted then great. I would have the perfect set of options.

Oh, one other thing. I do like the fact that the rear view camera is standard and standalone. I'm a little jealous of that one.

Would love the camera too but where have you seen tow package with hands free lift gate? Ford site still states that it removes the hands free when adding the tow package

Would love the camera too but where have you seen tow package with hands free lift gate? Ford site still states that it removes the hands free when adding the tow package

It's a late availability option listed in the order guide. This is probably the only thing I'll miss by getting a '13. I'm hoping there is a reasonable retrofit as well.

• Like 1

It's a late availability option listed in the order guide. This is probably the only thing I'll miss by getting a '13. I'm hoping there is a reasonable retrofit as well.

Oh, and the only other thing I'm a little envious of in the 2014 is te two new colors, Suset and some kind of Gold ( late availability).

Karat Gold. Read elswhere that Ginger Ale is being discontinued.

I will say this, I've never seen a vehicle like the Escape where so many colors look good on it. IMO the black, whites, ruby red, blue, ginger ale, and now the sunset and gold really make it hard to pick which one is my favorite. I do love my Ginger Ale, and I don't think it looks as good on the Edge, etc.

Having grown up and getting my license when 50's and especially 60's cars were still on the road, my early automobile developmental years were influenced by super sized interiors (like the back seat in Jeff Olson's 1959 Electra 6 window), fins, over the top styling and chrome, so needless to say I like chrome. When I saw the tailgate accent on the SEL's I didn't car for it, it seemed like an after thought and out of place considering the amount of chrome on the rest of the car.

I'm also glad I got a 2013, not because of the tailgate, but because many of the features on my car are now packages or options. To deck out a 2014 Titanium with the standard features on the 2013, less $875 for leather, it costs around $300 more.

The 2014 is not available with the upgraded sport seats at any price. Would have been a deal breaker for us as the flat slabs used for the standard seats just do not provide sufficient back support for my wife to drive.

• Like 1

The 2014 is not available with the upgraded sport seats at any price. Would have been a deal breaker for us as the flat slabs used for the standard seats just do not provide sufficient back support for my wife to drive.

I have to say, the front seats in my 2013 Titanium are the most comfortable I've ever had. The back seats seem a little flat, but hey, I don't sit back there. If Ford didn't upgrade the seats from the standard SEL leather to something more fitted and comfortable, it's a step backward and another example of decontenting the Escape.