MKZ Buying Questions...

I've noticed there there are several people posting or lurking who like myself are likely going to order MKZ's soon so I thought I would start a thread for questions about the MKZ buying experience. I'll start myself with 2 questions:

1) Does it matter where you buy your MKZ?

I'm fortunate to live in a region with several Lincoln dealers. Does it matter which one you buy a vehicle at and which one you service at? Are there certain owner benefits you don't receive by servicing at a location you didn't do the buy? For example, a CPO BMW I once purchased limited loaners for repair work to the dealer where you purchased your CPO. That wasn't fun after I moved and no longer had that available. With the MKZ, what I was looking to do was to take the exact model I wanted from the "build" feature of the website and basically contact 4-5 regional dealers and see who would give me the best 2 year lease, but to do servicing and repairs work at the dealer closest to me. Any reason I would absolutely need or want to do the purchase only at the closest dealer?

2) Stupid Leasing Question: Other options besides the dealer?

This will be the first lease I'm doing after previously only having done CPO or new purchases through loans. Like loans, can you do leasing through several independent agencies or banks? Does the dealer usually have the best rate?

Thanks!

1. No problem - service including warranty service is not dependent on the selling dealer. Although your service dept may provide more assistance in a warranty situation if you also bought the vehicle from them. But there is no difference in actual service or warranty coverage.

2. Considering that the factory usually subsidizes their leases, you're almost always better off going with the factory lease (Ford Red Carpet). And Ford will either extend your lease or buy you out early if you're upgrading to a new Ford or Lincoln. I'd say stick with Ford RCL.

In my personal experience and based on many posts I have seen on this site and the Lincoln Forum it makes a big difference who you buy the car from. I mean dealer and salesman! I decided what I wanted, and called six dealers. The three closest to me did not have enough allocation to really know about the MKZ or even have one in stock to test drive. The salesmen at two of the other dealers were obviously clueless (because I asked pointed questions). Many other purchasers on these sites have been VERY disgusted with their salesman's knowledge and concern for their needs. (Read some old threads). The dealership I chose is 100 miles from me but the salesman and manager provided the best service and updates that I have ever experienced in purchasing a car. On top of that, after my ordered car came in they easily negotiated an additional $5000 discount on the price I had been originally quoted.

Choose your dealer and salesman carefully, it makes all the difference in your experience.

If you live close to Atlanta let me know and I will refer you to the guy who helped me.