Active Motion Front Seats - Ever gonna be available???

So when the 2013 MKZ came out, these were mentioned as having "late availability" (what was suggested as to be coming out later in the model year).

Multicontour Front Seats with Active Motion®

The available multicontour front seats with Active Motion® are designed to help reduce muscle fatigue and enhance blood flow in the legs and lower back. Seven air cushions change the contour of the seat back and bottom, and subtly roll when activated. This is a feature you’ll find especially beneficial on long trips or while waiting in traffic.

But now this isn't coming until the 2014 model and even then it still has "later" availability. Just chatted online with a person from the Lincoln website's Concierge service and they told me that the Active Motion seats will not be available until "late Fall" (e.g. October- November of this year). And that is probably a BIG maybe.

What's the deal with these seats? Can't the engineers at Hermosillo figure out how to put them into the MKZ? Aren't they already being put into the current MKS? I beginning to think that these might be a mythical creature a la a unicorn that will never actually exist. I'd love to have these on the car, but don't want to wait till this time next year for them!!

The seats have been a hot topic here for a while and on some other threads here there's been some suggestion that cars with the multicontour option have been assigned VIN's and are being built, but there's still a lot of ambiguity. I have the salesperson at a local dealer looking into it for me. If we're talking about September or October until Job 1 for the seats, I would still probably order now considering it's 6-12 weeks from order to build anyway, but if we're talking spring, I won't wait and will order without them. Let us know anything else you find.

Oh, and BTW, I hope they are *different* from the MKS multicontour seats, since I think the MKS seats are, well, bad and the standard MKZ seats are far superior. I'm hoping it's a multicontour version of the MKZ seats.

Edited by Iiari

The seats have been a hot topic here for a while and on some other threads here there's been some suggestion that cars with the multicontour option have been assigned VIN's and are being built, but there's still a lot of ambiguity. I have the salesperson at a local dealer looking into it for me. If we're talking about September or October until Job 1 for the seats, I would still probably order now considering it's 6-12 weeks from order to build anyway, but if we're talking spring, I won't wait and will order without them. Let us know anything else you find.

Oh, and BTW, I hope they are *different* from the MKS multicontour seats, since I think the MKS seats are, well, bad and the standard MKZ seats are far superior. I'm hoping it's a multicontour version of the MKZ seats.

I ordered them and have very recently become the proud recipient of a VIN :yahoo:

Now, I don't know if it's been scheduled or not, but at least some progress is being made.

I emailed back and forth today with the Director of a local Lincoln dealership that use to work for Ford Motor Company marketing about this and he got in touch with some of his contacts in Detroit. They positively confirmed to him that these seats are now available for production in 2014 model MKZs. Now I don't know how much of any stock me or anyone else can put into this, but that is better news than "coming soon" or "later availability". We'll see what happens with people like "MicKeyZ" here and possibly myself soon if I place a 2014 custom order.

MicKeyZ,

That's great that you got a VIN with them! Please post back when you get any updates on when it is suppose to hit the Hermosillo assembly line and how long it will take to get to your SoCal dealer.

According to Cyberdman's vehicle locator thread, my status is....

Scheduled to Day (2013-08-12)

Do I understand the terminology correctly that this is the build date?

If so, :happy feet:

And :rockon:

And :woohoo:

• 2 months later...

Any news on these seats as yet? Has anyone taken delivery of a 2014 that had these?

I have. Here are some shots I took just for you :camera:post-49425-0-05218300-1380662735_thumb.pngpost-49425-0-51233400-1380662745_thumb.jpg (Please ignore the numerous fingerprints on the screen).

I don't have any comparison to the MKX seats and don't remember how the regular seats felt in other MKZs but I'm happy with what I got. I love being able to custom fit the seat to me but the massaging part so far hasn't really been used except by my passengers. Because it obviously has to change from the custom settings while in massage mode, I don't find it all that comfortable.

I have. Here are some shots I took just for you :camera:attachicon.gifIMG_4122 resized - Copy.pngattachicon.gifIMG_4123-resized - Copy.jpg (Please ignore the numerous fingerprints on the screen).

I don't have any comparison to the MKX seats and don't remember how the regular seats felt in other MKZs but I'm happy with what I got. I love being able to custom fit the seat to me but the massaging part so far hasn't really been used except by my passengers. Because it obviously has to change from the custom settings while in massage mode, I don't find it all that comfortable.

Thanks for the update and photos!! And just to clarify, these seats have heating and ventilation, correct? Thanks again!

Thanks for the update and photos!! And just to clarify, these seats have heating and ventilation, correct? Thanks again!

Yes, but I believe those features are package dependent (I have Reserve).

[full disclosure...I haven't actually tried the heated seats. Check back in a few months ;) ]