5.0L improvement plans?

meyeste

I am a fan of the EB engine line and the iconic V-8, as a DIY guy though the simplier nature of the 5.0L appeals to me. If you've read any of my posts you know I have a 99 F150 with 138k miles and am at the point where I am considering replacing it, though a replacement isn't necessary as it is in good shape and was paid off long ago. I test drove an EB last fall and was impressed, that happened to be the day Ford's press release on the Atlas concept came out, so I thought "Larry will have to do for a couple more years...". As I figure if Ford manages to cut 500 lbs from the F150 and adds DI the 5.0L will eak out 20-21 mpg hwy, and with a light foot 16-17 city depending on the stoplight density I'm dealing with - compare that to 16 mpg tops hwy (averaging 60-65) in my current truck.

As a Ford fan I believe Ford would position themselves well if they had two engines that competed nicely with GM's 5.3L - let's face it most truck buyers don't fret over 1 mpg, 3-4 makes a difference though.

So here is my support for the 5.0L engine, I'd love to order one in Larry's replacement....

• 9 months later...