union at frap is a joke

factoryrat67

Sounds typical... At least its not as long as it was here at LAP... we had a 12-month freeze on bumps. It's only to ensure trained people remain on their trained jobs while a launch is in progress. Bumping all over the place by many employees at the same time creates quality issues, something I'm sure neither the company or the UAW want with the Fusion.

Yeah, I get that, you'd just hope that explanation would have been on the tail end of the "hey, do you think you could do us a favor and help train the new hires on pm shift?" But I guess that may infringe on them getting the answer they desired. I stand by my topic heading though, these guys are getting walked on, I guess the work coming in comes at a price, its just too bad we have to pay it

Union at FRAP didn't help my referral very much.

He started in Mid August and was told today that today was his last day. He and several (he didn't say how many) Long Term Supplemental Employees (aka new hires) will be laid off indefinitely. He said his team leader was very upset about the handling of the lay-offs but nothing can be done. He was there early every day and didn't miss any days and says he never gave any back talk or argued with anyone at anytime so I don't belive it was a quality of work or "attitude" issue.

He started in Mid August and was told today that today was his last day. He and several (he didn't say how many) Long Term Supplemental Employees (aka new hires) will be laid off indefinitely. He said his team leader was very upset about the handling of the lay-offs but nothing can be done. He was there early every day and didn't miss any days and says he never gave any back talk or argued with anyone at anytime so I don't belive it was a quality of work or "attitude" issue.

90 day wonders will be laid off and there's not much the union can do about it. As long as it's going by seniority then the union shouldn't interfere.

90 day wonders will be laid off and there's not much the union can do about it. As long as it's going by seniority then the union shouldn't interfere.

Not only shouldn't interfere...but CAN'T. Manpower is the companies responsibility. The UAW has no say in layoffs,, other than to insure its done by seniority. And anyone that thinks LTS employees are going to have a long term job, is simply fooling themselves. If the company had needed them, they would be 2nd tier.

Not only shouldn't interfere...but CAN'T. Manpower is the companies responsibility. The UAW has no say in layoffs,, other than to insure its done by seniority. And anyone that thinks LTS employees are going to have a long term job, is simply fooling themselves. If the company had needed them, they would be 2nd tier.

I didn't want to be harsh. I'm not sure what people expect when layoffs come.

I hired in 1989 before I had 3 year's, I was in 4 different plant's and had over 48 week's of layoff. Now with 24 year's and in my 6 th plant, maybe this will be my last.