You mean everything always goes smoothly???

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/17/AR2006011701376.html

President Bush's top health advisers will fan out across the country this week to quell rising discontent with a new Medicare prescription drug benefit that has tens of thousands of elderly and disabled Americans, their pharmacists, and governors struggling to resolve myriad start-up problems.

I like the rest of you am shocked that the ACA rollout is going so bad. i mean there is no track record to show that these things do take time is there?

Even as federal leaders touted the enrollment figures, state officials and health care experts continued to report widespread difficulties, especially for the poorest and sickest seniors who were forced to switch from state Medicaid programs to the new Medicare plans on Jan. 1. Nearly two dozen states have intervened, saying they will pay for medications for any low-income senior who is mistakenly rejected. The District, Maryland and Virginia have not intervened.

Saying "it is time for us to take care of our own," Republican Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said California will spend as much as $150 million to provide medications to as many as 1 million low-income seniors who have been turned away by pharmacists or overcharged co-payments because of glitches in computer databases.

"Right now, the new Medicare Part D prescription drug program is not working as intended," the governor said in a release.

I guess that there are always issues when you add that many people to a new system. Even Texas Republican Joe Barton said as much.

"This is a huge undertaking and there are going to be glitches. My goal is the same as yours: Get rid of the glitches. The committee will work closely with yourself and Dr. Mark McClellan at CMS to get problems noticed and solved. We will have the first of what will likely be several hearings on this topic on March 1, when Dr. McClellan will testify before the Health subcommittee. I expect that we ask him very direct questions about where the problems are and what CMS is doing to fix them.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060228220724/http:/energycommerce.house.gov/108/News/02152006_1778.htm

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/17/AR2006011701376.html

I like the rest of you am shocked that the ACA rollout is going so bad. i mean there is no track record to show that these things do take time is there?

I guess that there are always issues when you add that many people to a new system. Even Texas Republican Joe Barton said as much.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060228220724/http:/energycommerce.house.gov/108/News/02152006_1778.htm

What you and your ilk always seem to ignore, while providing these stupid comparisons of the abysmal launch of the aca to launches of medicare part D or a new Apple product, the aca is required by law with penalties for non-compliance.....so we have people who are trying to comply to a deadline set by this law but are unable due to the system that does not work.....see the difference LH?

What you and your ilk always seem to ignore, while providing these stupid comparisons of the abysmal launch of the aca to launches of medicare part D or a new Apple product, the aca is required by law with penalties for non-compliance.....so we have people who are trying to comply to a deadline set by this law but are unable due to the system that does not work.....see the difference LH?

But when a Democrat wrote Obama about that very issue, conservatives here accused her of hypocrisy. How very typical it is for a conservative to want it both ways.

Republicans can say the ACA roll out is awful and people might face penalties, but if a liberal says it she's just trying to get elected.

typical conservative f****** b*******

But when a Democrat wrote Obama about that very issue, conservatives here accused her of hypocrisy. How very typical it is for a conservative to want it both ways.

Republicans can say the ACA roll out is awful and people might face penalties, but if a liberal says it she's just trying to get elected.

Right over your head again!!

You will eventually pay platinum prices for cast iron service. In Canada, millionaires sit next to the homeless in grubby waiting rooms for many hours. A surly receptionist will ask you what is your problem. I have such and such a pain. Fill out this form. Let me see your health card. Your name will be called when the doctor is ready to see you. How long will that be? Dirty look. Probably no answer; or "in order of urgency". After eight hours, if you are lucky, you will see the doctor for maybe five minutes, and probably be brushed off or told to come back in two weeks; maybe be given a prescription for pain killers. When they have their money guaranteed by the government, and most of it going to the bureauocracy, care goes out the window. The odds of being mis-diagnosed, or infected, or being the victim of criminal negligence causing death are great. I would rather take my chances with a M.A.S.H. unit in the middle of a battle. I have heard that health care in Canada eats up half of the tax dollars. My family paid a combined income tax of over fifty thousand dollars last year. How much private health insurance could I get for two thousand dollars a month? What I get is worse than your Medicaid in the poorest inner-city ghetto in the U.S. That is what you are looking at with Obamacare.

Right over your head again!!

Your right it went right over my head. I mean why would you quote the same thing twice?

As for the ACA, extending the deadline by 60 days isn't horrible nor the political conspiracy you guys imagine it to be. Delaying the penalty because of a lousy roll out is a smart thing to do. You Alex Jonesists see a liberal monster under every bed and in every closet.

• 3 months later...

So now that the website works pretty well, how are those numbers coming out for ya-) Yesiree Bob, everything has headed further South. Now the CBO tells us our wallets are picked too; and we are losing money hand over fist along with our doctors, and our policies.

Now wait a minute, just wait......all together now.......since they claim they want to take credit for this........everyone ready? THANK YOU PROGRESSIVE DEMOCRATS FOR OBYSMALCARE, and we will reward you in November-)

Hopefully the people that voted it into law are all unemployed at the end of the year.........and have to sign up for the crap they passed.

The beauty of this implosion its 100% democratic doing so suck it up and enjoy the fruits of your own stupidity & failure.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone else has made this comparison, but it occurred to me today..

Obamacare depends on the youngest adults to "Buy-In" to Obamacare for it to work. Millions of young people, who are not likely to need the healthcare, are needed to pay higher premiums to subsidize the older generations who will need the benefits. Those that pay for it are the ones that pay for those that use it.

Wasn't that one of the justifications FOR OBAMACARE? Without it, you and I have to pay for the uninsured who show up at the E.R.?

That's what Obamacare is based on!

So, in effect, the young are equivalent to the rich. Make them pay for what others will benefit from. And the more money they need to make it work, the harder they'll press and burden the young to keep paying into the system. I predict the "non-participation penalty/tax" will soon become so expensive that it's cheaper to join than just pay the penalty.

Great way to produce a more Tea Party/Conservative/Republican or some similar anti-progressive generation.

• Like 1