Mayor Rob Ford

Do you really want to compare Obama's drug use as a kid with Ford's drug use and drunken stupors as the Mayor? Come on Nap. Please be serious.

The only difference between Obama's drug use in his youth and Bush 43 and Clinton is that Obama admitted it without reservation. That ability to do so was more an operation of how far we have come in American politics to where politicians don't have to pretend that they didn't inhale or make vague statements about prior bad behavior.

Illegal drug use is just that....illegal....this mayor should be thrown out on ear....because we only know what is revealed about obama's life, we don't know the extent of his illegal drug use...................there is no record anywhere of Bush using drugs...only rumors... as for clintion's "I did not inhale"...I put that in the same category with "I did not have sex with that woman"....

Illegal drug use is just that....illegal....this mayor should be thrown out on ear....because we only know what is revealed about obama's life, we don't know the extent of his illegal drug use...................there is no record anywhere of Bush using drugs...only rumors... as for clintion's "I did not inhale"...I put that in the same category with "I did not have sex with that woman"....

I don't give a shit about what these guys did in their younger years, only what they are doing while in office. I don't care what W's or Obama's coke use was in their youth. To me the drunken stupors are much worse than coke but again it's not the illegal part that bothers me, it's the reality that Ford seems to have to get fucked up as a way of life. As a society we've always been stupid about drugs, railing about the illegal shit when we watch people on a daily abuse legal means like alcohol till they can't live without drinking.

I'm sure you've seen some of those NAP, guys who are functional drunks whose bodies can't seem to function physically nor mentally without alcohol. That's what Rob ford looks like to me.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2013/11/13/21264576.html

TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford's staffers told Toronto Police shocking details about booze, drugs and even a suspected prostitute in the mayor's City Hall office, according to a media lawyer who has seen the redacted sections of police documents that have been ordered unsealed.
The bombshell information is contained in previously redacted police interviews contained in the information to obtain (ITO) a search warrant into the affairs of Ford's friend Alexander Lisi. Justice Ian Nordheimer agreed with a media request to release some of the previously blacked-out pages in the 474-page ITO on Wednesday.
None of the allegations have been proven in court.

Soon it will only be trim and Ford's family that support's him.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2013/11/13/21264576.html

Soon it will only be trim and Ford's family that support's him.

Ford's supporters see through the left's plan. He was sued over his inner-city boys' football team for voting on a motion to give back money donated because it was solicited on stationery with the city's letterhead on it. They sued for conflict of interest because he voted on the motion. Talk about petty! They have hated him long before they were able to dig up this dirt. They hate him for being a conservative. Pure and simple. He doesn't take a salary. Before becoming mayor, he didn't spend any of his budget, and provided his own transportation; compared with the lefties who never took their noses out of the troth. He wants to build more subways and get rid of surface public transit and bicycles to eliminate the gridlock on the roads. The howl from the lefties is like fingernails on a chalkboard. He contracted out half of the city's garbage collection to break the union monopoly and save money for the taxpayers. This is what this is all about. Plenty of city councillors do drugs and drink; one lefty was caught recently for DUI. She got a free pass from the media; not the hounding that Ford got for helping underprivileged kids. Ford is mayor because he truly cares; not for personal gain.

Ford's supporters see through the left's plan. He was sued over his inner-city boys' football team for voting on a motion to give back money donated because it was solicited on stationery with the city's letterhead on it. They sued for conflict of interest because he voted on the motion. Talk about petty! They have hated him long before they were able to dig up this dirt. They hate him for being a conservative. Pure and simple. He doesn't take a salary. Before becoming mayor, he didn't spend any of his budget, and provided his own transportation; compared with the lefties who never took their noses out of the troth. He wants to build more subways and get rid of surface public transit and bicycles to eliminate the gridlock on the roads. The howl from the lefties is like fingernails on a chalkboard. He contracted out half of the city's garbage collection to break the union monopoly and save money for the taxpayers. This is what this is all about. Plenty of city councillors do drugs and drink; one lefty was caught recently for DUI. She got a free pass from the media; not the hounding that Ford got for helping underprivileged kids. Ford is mayor because he truly cares; not for personal gain.

How many politicians go to crack houses? How many get fall down drunk on a regular basis?

And it seems funny that you call out a left-wing Councillor when Ford has his own DUI and marijuana possession arrest.

For the record....

Pot, Crack, other "illegal drugs" and drunken stupors are not acceptable behavior for elected officials of the community...or country. ESPECIALLY as an adult IN OFFICE!

As long as any young person is punished for such behavior, it shouldn't be tolerated in adults and government employees. No exceptions.

Your right in the bold.

For the record....

Pot, Crack, other "illegal drugs" and drunken stupors are not acceptable behavior for elected officials of the community...or country. ESPECIALLY as an adult IN OFFICE!

As long as any young person is punished for such behavior, it shouldn't be tolerated in adults and government employees. No exceptions.

Your right in the bold.

So I am wrong in the remainder of the quote?

No problem with the president getting stoned while in office?

How about a crack pipe or heroin addict holding the codes for the nukes?

Or why not allow airline pilots do the same?

Oh, because it could affect their performance of their duties.

If a "drunken stupor episode" leads to inadvertent crack usage, and the effects of that on their judgement, why is that not also unacceptable?

Or are you suggesting dope is harmless and a pot-head Mayor or Governor or President is not an issue to you?

Yeah, The Left made Ford get hammered and do crack. They probably made him say the things he said to the reporters on live television too.

Yeah, The Left made Ford get hammered and do crack. They probably made him say the things he said to the reporters on live television too.

He was reading, I think from a police report when he dropped the pussy bomb. It is alright for them to make outrageous accusations based on mere hearsay, but not alright for him to inform the public about what was being said about him. They accuse an innocent young woman who is somebody's daughter of being a prostitute merely to smear Ford some more. It is all coming back to bite them.

How many politicians go to crack houses? How many get fall down drunk on a regular basis?

And it seems funny that you call out a left-wing Councillor when Ford has his own DUI and marijuana possession arrest.

Yes, the left-wing media made sure that the whole world knew about that. How about Jack Layton, who used to be a left-wing Toronto city councillor and ended up being the leader of the federal NDP being caught in a Chinatown whorehouse during a police raid. Did the left wing media pick that up? Can you imagine if it had been Ford?

Edited by Trimdingman

He was reading, I think from a police report when he dropped the pussy bomb. It is alright for them to make outrageous accusations based on mere hearsay, but not alright for him to inform the public about what was being said about him. They accuse an innocent young woman who is somebody's daughter of being a prostitute merely to smear Ford some more. It is all coming back to bite them.

He wasn't reading anything. Watch the tape. He started talking about the allegations of engaging in prostitution embarrassed his wife and then he went and Really embarrassed his wife. If the woman identified isn't a prostitute, she should sue the reporters. If she is, then Ford is going to have more to explain. Given his track record of late, I doubt he will carry out his threat to sue.

If a "drunken stupor episode" leads to inadvertent crack usage, and the effects of that on their judgement, why is that not also unacceptable?

Or are you suggesting dope is harmless and a pot-head Mayor or Governor or President is not an issue to you?

I just wanted to emphasize something that really bothers me. We hammer our youth and let our older adults get awsy with more in our system.

Well, he's gone and lost Trim's support now...

Sources confirmed to the Toronto Sun that Ford gave every member of his mayor’s office staff $5,000 raises on Friday before council stripped him of his powers.
It’s a surprising taxpayer-funded pay hike given Ford’s penny-pinching persona but it is part of a growing list of surprises that have rocked

Before he was just a hard drinkin, smack talking crack mayor. Now he's giving tax payer money away and not acting as a fiscal conservative. It's time for Ford to roll.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/16/mayor-rob-fords-week-one-for-the-books

I just wanted to emphasize something that really bothers me. We hammer our youth and let our older adults get awsy with more in our system.

So, that's the ONLY thing you are concerned with from my comment?

Why don't we stop having elections, and just let the news media pick our leaders? They didn't think that the people were competent when they elected Nixon, Reagan, GHW Bush, or GW Bush, so they went after them relentlessly, and were successful in turning the tide against the Republicans on many occasions. If you only show somebody's dark side, people will believe that he is evil; immoral; stupid....whatever. Nobody is like that. Media sees itself as an all-knowing, all-powerful God with the power to shape the world into something of it's own creation. If you poke a caged animal with a stick for long enough, it will return to it's savage roots. If you let it loose, it is not responsible for it's actions; it's provocateurs are. We can't let them win. Ford is our man, duly elected. He has done a lot of good; much to the dislike of the unscrupulous who want to continue to scam and rob the people. Turn your anger towards the media, not their victim.

• Like 1

I think your right that we shouldn't accept drug usage from our politicians but i'm especially bothered by how we heavy handed we are towards out youth concerning minor drug usage while being much more lenient to our older generations.

After age of majority, equal treatment? Or higher for the more mature, because we know 18 year olds only THINK they know it all. It takes 50 years to know much of anything. And the first 18 is to teach you how to wipe your own ass.

After age of majority, equal treatment? Or higher for the more mature, because we know 18 year olds only THINK they know it all. It takes 50 years to know much of anything. And the first 18 is to teach you how to wipe your own ass.

It's that old saying

The more I learn the less I KNOW.

I would prefer that we are all thought of equal and then as situations dictate some leeway for those in their early 20's about things like drugs. I think we are a bit of hypocrites about our younger generations, where we want them to act like adults and then we turn around and say they are not ready for alcohol till 21, they can't run for representative till 25, Senator till 30 and President till 35.

At time of majority the only thing you can do is vote and die for your country. Then we wonder why they aren't so excited about our rules.

It's that old saying

I would prefer that we are all thought of equal and then as situations dictate some leeway for those in their early 20's about things like drugs. I think we are a bit of hypocrites about our younger generations, where we want them to act like adults and then we turn around and say they are not ready for alcohol till 21, they can't run for representative till 25, Senator till 30 and President till 35.

At time of majority the only thing you can do is vote and die for your country. Then we wonder why they aren't so excited about our rules.

So an 18 year old president is qualified to stand up against foreign leaders, corrupt congressmen, military industrial complex, lobbyists, international trade strategy, two party electorate debates, and errata?

I dare say no.

Or a 25 year old has the experience to read between the lines and maneuver the traps of powerful government agency heads and corporate power brokers leveraging to get THEIR interests mollified.

Or a senator has the maturity to consider the best decisions for his constituents come before his political resume' and legacy.

Age brings the wisdom of having been around long enough to have done, seen or know the consequences of making most mistakes.

• Like 1