Ford better wake up

coupe3w

Yeah the Taurus transmissions aren't the most robust. Mine (97 LX with 3.0 DOHC) was rebuilt in the 130k's, transmission shop said many upgraded parts installed during the rebuild and still running good now at 197K. Rust just starting now for me but the seats (premium cloth) look almost new. These are the most comfortable auto seats I have ever sat in.

I rented a 2001 Taurus and drove from Harrisburg to Fayetteville, Arkansas, and then down to Port Charles, Louisiana. After a side trip to New Orleans, I drove back home. The seats in that car were quite comfortable.

Edited by grbeck

My, how times have changed when we say a tranny being rebuilt at 130k miles is not the most robust. FWIW, that's about the number of miles I had on my truck when the 4R70W tranny in my '99 F150 was rebuilt.

Actually I was one of the lucky ones. My transmission shipped with a sticker on it saying to contact the factory rather than work on it.