Article 5 convention gaining steam

Please share, what is actually better with everyday Americans?

I don't know what's better with everyday Americans, why do you ask? I wasn't aware that everyday Americans were bad.

I do know that things are better with my company, my industry, my area, my state and in my country, but you didn't ask about that.

Edited by Langston Hughes

I don't know what's better with everyday Americans, why do you ask? I wasn't aware that everyday Americans were bad.

I do know that things are better with my company, my industry, my area, my state and in my country, but you didn't ask about that.

Well if they are not bad why do you and the Dems say we need to do things for them to make it better?

How about the guy who's company is not doing good or gone, his industry that's not doing good? How about the person who's area is not better? How about all the states(mostly Dem controlled) that are no where near being better?

What exactly is better with your country? How about spying? You said you didn't like it but it is happening uncontrolled, how is that better? How about the debt? Is that better? Unemployment better? Foreign policy better? Our new failed health care? Please share what exactly is better with your country?

Well if they are not bad why do you and the Dems say we need to do things for them to make it better?

How about the guy who's company is not doing good or gone, his industry that's not doing good? How about the person who's area is not better? How about all the states(mostly Dem controlled) that are no where near being better?

What exactly is better with your country? How about spying? You said you didn't like it but it is happening uncontrolled, how is that better? How about the debt? Is that better? Unemployment better? Foreign policy better? Our new failed health care? Please share what exactly is better with your country?

....personal income / earnings down, unemployment participation at a record high, more added taxes coming out of an already deflated economy.

Now add the increase in debt and the billions in money printed to shore up the bond market only makes it worse.

Suggesting thing are better 5 years into Obama is not based on any facts or real numbers yet his supporters still cling to something imaginary but that is what they do best.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-23/obama-can-t-shake-economy-s-downside-amid-signs-of-growth.html

Do you mean to make them better? Like I said before i didn't know that everyday Americans were bad? Why do you think they are bad? Evil Bad or just rotten bad? I'm a little surprised that you think everyday Americans are bad.

....personal income / earnings down, unemployment participation at a record high, more added taxes coming out of an already deflated economy.

Now add the increase in debt and the billions in money printed to shore up the bond market only makes it worse.

Suggesting thing are better 5 years into Obama is not based on any facts or real numbers yet his supporters still cling to something imaginary but that is what they do best.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-23/obama-can-t-shake-economy-s-downside-amid-signs-of-growth.html

Funny that the article you link to says that things are better, but that people don't think so. Leave it to the Obama hater to link to an article that goes against his own point.

The U.S. economy wrapped up its best six-month performance since the recession ended, according to estimates by economists at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. (GS) and Morgan Stanley. And the jobless rate is below 7 percent for the first time since 2008.

Yet Obama will carry into next week’s State of the Union address weakening approval ratings on the economy.

And the jobless rate is below 7 percent for the first time since 2008.

You know as well as I do that this figure is misleading based on the lowest labor market participation rate in some 50 years.

And the "best" 6 months of GDP growth isn't saying much when the "recovery" prior to that had been desperately clinging to 1-2% quarterly gains.

Edited by NickF1011

Do you mean to make them better? Like I said before i didn't know that everyday Americans were bad? Why do you think they are bad? Evil Bad or just rotten bad? I'm a little surprised that you think everyday Americans are bad.

One thing has gotten better, DEFLECTION when you can't answer.

Hmmm. I believe in science, biology, evolution, gravity, global warming (err...climate change), and a round earth. I also think an Article 5 convention is likely the only way in which term limits (which I am for) will ever be instituted. The 17th amendment portion is silliness though.

The majority of both parties is for term limits in congress. The only majority against it are sitting congressmen, which is why they will never enact it themselves.

Then we can agree to disagree. I believe wholeheartedly that there are quite a few blue states wanting their "states rights" power back.

I am also firmly convinced that if something is good for a red state that a blue state proposes, that red state would support that idea in the senate......if the senators were controlled by the state, and not by political partys. If your job is controlled by state legislators who want/do not want legislation to pass, then you are going to vote their will. It really seems obvious to me, I do not understand the disconnect.

Then we can agree to disagree. I believe wholeheartedly that there are quite a few blue states wanting their "states rights" power back.

I am also firmly convinced that if something is good for a red state that a blue state proposes, that red state would support that idea in the senate......if the senators were controlled by the state, and not by political partys. If your job is controlled by state legislators who want/do not want legislation to pass, then you are going to vote their will. It really seems obvious to me, I do not understand the disconnect.

Not really sure how direct election of Senators somehow denies a state of its rights. It's the electorate of the state who picks them. All they are doing is cutting out the middle man. Only way I'd see this as an issue was if Senators were voted on nationally or if there was no legal means to remove a Senator from office. 18 states allow for the recall of Senators through popular vote as well. It's only the fault of the other 32 that the electorate who put a Senator in office doesn't also have the ability to take him/her out if they choose.

Edited by NickF1011

You know as well as I do that this figure is misleading based on the lowest labor market participation rate in some 50 years.

And the "best" 6 months of GDP growth isn't saying much when the "recovery" prior to that had been desperately clinging to 1-2% quarterly gains.

Haven't we discussed that before? The new normal?

I mean that you are aware as I am that this past recession and recovery was not going to be like the past, due to the higher than normal levels of personal and business debt, that banks having been burned in swaps did not open the lines of credit as quickly. If you want a new bubble which is what we had in the past then by all means go for it, but I'm inclined to think that a steady recovery based on actual growth and not markets that were artificially inflated is the best thing for this country. Plus it took the home market a few to stabilize, with the glut of foreclosed homes and such driving down prices.

We have avoided all the potential traps that conservatives had screamed about here and in the media; hyperinflation, a double dip recession, and a weak dollar.

I mean that you are aware as I am that this past recession and recovery was not going to be like the past, due to the higher than normal levels of personal and business debt, that banks having been burned in swaps did not open the lines of credit as quickly. If you want a new bubble which is what we had in the past then by all means go for it, but I'm inclined to think that a steady recovery based on actual growth and not markets that were artificially inflated is the best thing for this country. Plus it took the home market a few to stabilize, with the glut of foreclosed homes and such driving down prices.

We have avoided all the potential traps that conservatives had screamed about here and in the media; hyperinflation, a double dip recession, and a weak dollar.

Denial....

Hope you took your money out because I think the markets are starting to realize this fairy tail the Fed has us in is not going to last forever.

Plus it took the home market a few to stabilize, with the glut of foreclosed homes and such driving down prices.

Where is it really at now? I believe we are headed right back where we were. If you look at what is going on it only started to look better when they lowered lending standards again. Low standards and artificially cheap money is what blew the bubble the first time. Since you believe it's all good now what are you going to blame it on when the bubble pops again?

Where is it really at now? I believe we are headed right back where we were. If you look at what is going on it only started to look better when they lowered lending standards again. Low standards and artificially cheap money is what blew the bubble the first time. Since you believe it's all good now what are you going to blame it on when the bubble pops again?

I believe that your wrong, but being wrong has never stopped you before, so go with your bd self.

I believe that your wrong, but being wrong has never stopped you before, so go with your bd self.

I believe you're in your fantasy world because what I just told you is the FACTS.

I also find it funny you think the housing market is good after you say"not markets that were artificially inflated".

• 1 month later...

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/03/first_state_passes_article_v_convention_of_states_resolution.html

The Founders bequeathed us a Constitution with self-correcting mechanisms, including the ability of states to rein in a federal government that had distorted federalism into something like a unitary government administered from Washington, DC. A giant step forward has been taken.

• Like 1

A bunch of states are in the process including a few blue ones. Indiana will soon pass it also, and those Washington elites aren't going to be happy, are they Mr Cap. Maybe you can explain it to these nice people because whenever I post something, I am immediately under attack. They need a softer, more soothing voice; like yours-)

Edited by Imawhosure

A bunch of states are in the process including a few blue ones. Indiana will soon pass it also, and those Washington elites aren't going to be happy, are they Mr Cap. Maybe you can explain it to these nice people because whenever I post something, I am immediately under attack. They need a softer, more soothing voice; like yours-)

Hmmm, that's weird that you think that since your posts usually includea refernce to me, including some personal attack. Now you want to play the victim, how very convenient that is.

We should be very weary of doing this because there is no way of knowing what would come out of it.