Dearborn truck plant elections. Coming soon!

was 898 now 600

Not sure about my chairman or my bargaining vote but my committee guy has been Darryl Paige and ive been happy with his representation so far and if nothing changes hes my guy!------now nick and burkie for chairman and bargaining for c- crew not so sure they seem to not care what happens to c crew less time off at shutdowns and Christmas breaks no overtime grievances... C-crew gets the shaft and nick and burkie let it happen time and time again!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To was 898, both Nick and Burkie care about C-crew. You are correct C-crew usually gets shorted on vacation and such due to our schedules, however in 5 years that DTP has ran an AWS there has never been a C-crew super day; until the end of 2013. That was directly due to both Chairman (at the time Byrd and Nick) having the committeemen and bargaining reps write OT spread grievances. If you recall C-crew for the first time was given the option to work two holiday's (which included double time and holiday conversion option), this was done in an effort to equalize overtime.

Obviously with C-crews schedule it is hard to add a day to the week so that shift is able to get OT for production (im not talking about classified jobs), if you are talking about regular overtime grievances then that needs to be handled through your district and if they refuse then take it up the chain of command.

Darryl from what I hear does his job and its good to see him get the support from you that's how it should be, those already in office have had 2 and one-half years to prove their dedication to the membership.

SU-FI this post is about DTP elections not local elections, while I can agree some get lazy at all levels there are others that are in office at every level that do as much as possible. Elected jobs are not as easy as some may think, imagine being the ones expected to fix everyone's problems (right or wrong) I respect anyone that has put an honest effort into any elected position. That does not mean all that put in an honest effort are the best suited for the jobs, however I would rather have someone in office that is at least trying rather someone that is just a turd and does not give a shit either way, at least if you know someone is actually trying they will eventually build the relationships and the experience to make things happen.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@ Liquidspine, Those were some encouraging words. I can post some statistacal numbers about greivences won over Nicks 2 term tenure. I like the idea of experience and senority, not to mention working relationships with the company to get more accomplished. There needs to be some level of compromise in order to get things done. I site the federal government of the problems with no compromise. Take the good things (ideas) from both sides to come to an aggreement. By the way, does anyone know if there is a spell check tool on these posts? Help would be thankful. lol

• Like 1