Freedom to discriminate

A Pa. Republican house Rep us looking for co-sponsor on a bill that would allow you, if you do almost anything in business, to discriminate openly against anyone you eish as long as they violated your sincerely held beliefs.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/state/20140120_Civil_rights__Let_your_conscience_be_your_guide.html

AND NOW, just in time for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, another bright idea from the Pennsylvania Legislature.
A 10-year-veteran Lancaster County lawmaker wants to amend the state Constitution to free us all from the burdens of anti-discrimination laws.
You could say he has a dream.
Republican Rep. Gordon Denlinger, chairman of the House Subcommittee on Fiscal Policy, an elder in the Zeltenreich Reformed Church of New Holland, Pa., is circulating a memo seeking co-sponsors for his effort.
"Specifically, I plan to propose a new section in Article I - the Pennsylvania 'bill of rights' - that will prohibit government from punishing an individual or entity if the individual or entity makes hiring or other employment decisions, or provides services, accommodations (including housing accommodations), advantages, facilities, goods or privileges based on sincerely held beliefs," the memo says.

And looking at his Bio it's not surprising that he feels discrimination is okay. Gordon graduated from the infamous Bob Jones university which deemed that inter-racial dating was wrong and forbade it.

• Like 1

Absolutely, but the same goes for this http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55653-california-gun-grabber-genius/ thread and no discussion of that there. ;)

That thread is specifically about that one politician and I did use it as a commentary on the entire gun-ban movement. I did not refer to anyone else in my post either implicitly or explicitly.

If the entire Republican or Conservative movement felt exactly the same way as the examples given, would it be necessary to point out individuals?

I suppose if a person is a leader of others, then sure, it's fine. But we aren't exactly talking about national leaders here.

Edited by RangerM