Heated Cloth Seats across the entire line

Steve Fumarolo

As my wife and I were researching what car we were going to get, we narrowed down to the Focus or Escape. It was very frustrating that heated cloth was an option on the Focus, but on the Escape, the only way to get heated seats was with leather. I know leather seats are a love/hate thing, and I happen to be on the hate side. I would have loved to get my wife heated seats for our cold Chicago winters, but ultimately, the discomfort of leather for our hot and humid summers won out.

I know there's a lot of other people disliking leather like I do, and it just seems silly to me that the option to heat cloth seats is available on some cars, but not others, especially on models that are very similar in pricing.

• Like 1

Have you actually lived with leather seats in the summer? I'm in Atlanta where it gets as hot as anywhere, and I've had leather seats in all of our vehicles for the last 15 years as well as on the household furniture and it's never been an issue. Leather is natural and it breathes as opposed to vinyl. I'm not saying you have to like it but if it's based on the theory that it's hot in summer but you haven't actually tried them you might want to reconsider and test them out yourself to see.

I have. My first car had leather and I absolutely hated it. That being said, I know there are some people who have had the opposite experience. I know it's a wide split in people who like or dislike them, but that's only why I'd love for Ford to offer more choice. I don't think I'm the only one that's not a fan of leather.

I just wanted to be sure you had experience with actual leather. Also - what I find with leather seating is that it may feel hot or cold for a minute or two but it quickly adjusts to your body temperature.

Seems to work just fine for the cows........

• 4 months later...

Have noticed some of the higher end cars trending away from leather to synthetic "leather like" materials for seating. Cost cutting I suppose or a reason to charge $1500 extra for real leather seats. My concern with heating cloth seats would be durability especially with kids and the spill factor. . .

• 3 months later...

You can get heated cloth seats in the Escape now as well.

Is this for U.S. market? The only way I was able to specify heated seats on a U.S. Escape SE was to choose the $1,195 SE Leather Comfort Package.

2015 Escape SE in the Canadian market offers cloth heated front seats as a standard feature. Interestingly, the 10 power driver's seat adjuster is a $450 (CAD) option for Escape SE in Canada, whereas it is standard on U.S. market version of that vehicle.

Edited by aneekr

Is this for U.S. market? The only way I was able to specify heated seats on a U.S. Escape SE was to choose the $1,195 SE Leather Comfort Package.

2015 Escape SE in the Canadian market offers cloth heated front seats as a standard feature. Interestingly, the 10 power driver's seat adjuster is a $450 (CAD) option for Escape SE in Canada, whereas it is standard on U.S. market version of that vehicle.

It is in the second release of the order guide. (11/1/14) Option Package 66W, requires 201A

SE Cold Weather Package (LATE AVAILABILITY)
● One-Touch Up/Down Windows
● Heated Exterior Mirrors
● Supplemental PTC Heater
● Heated Seats
● All-Weather Floor Mats

Now if we could just get the Heated Windshield that the Kuga has.

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 1