Ugghh, this car is testing my patience.

Hydro

Well, this so far has been the worst new Ford I've bought ( bought 10 new ones). My 2011 F-150 is pretty close though (needed new power module for hvac, rear end clunk they can't fix, occasional tranny lunge)

The first day of delivery we noticed the sunglasses holder had a bad clip and hung down 1/4 " on one side. Took it back and they fixed it.

- The other day I posted about the reverse sensors not lowering the radio volume and barely audible.

- Now the high beams intermittently go on. People in front of me think I'm mad at them.

- Navigation voice directions didn't turn on the other day. Then worked fine the next day.

- Massive rattle coming from the Passenger side, unsure if it's in the dash or door panel. It was embarrassing showing the in-laws the car and rattling like a 89 Chevy. I tried to turn the radio up or talk when hitting bumps.

Needless to say, It goes back next week for hopefully a fix. I know rattles are hard to locate and the intermittent glitches are even worse. I hope we didn't get a lemon. I'll keep everybody updated and please feel free to post if any of you guys/gals have experienced these problems and had them fixed. It may help the dealer narrow down the troubleshooting.

I tried posting on fordfusionclub, but there is a lame mandatory post count before I can make a new topic.

Edited by Hydro

Well, this so far has been the worst new Ford I've bought ( bought 10 new ones). My 2011 F-150 is pretty close though (needed new power module for hvac, rear end clunk they can't fix, occasional tranny lunge)

The first day of delivery we noticed the sunglasses holder had a bad clip and hung down 1/4 " on one side. Took it back and they fixed it.

- The other day I posted about the reverse sensors not lowering the radio volume and barely audible.

- Now the high beams intermittently go on. People in front of me think I'm mad at them.

- Navigation voice directions didn't turn on the other day. Then worked fine the next day.

- Massive rattle coming from the Passenger side, unsure if it's in the dash or door panel. It was embarrassing showing the in-laws the car and rattling like a 89 Chevy. I tried to turn the radio up or talk when hitting bumps.

Needless to say, It goes back next week for hopefully a fix. I know rattles are hard to locate and the intermittent glitches are even worse. I hope we didn't get a lemon. I'll keep everybody updated and please feel free to post if any of you guys/gals have experienced these problems and had them fixed. It may help the dealer narrow down the troubleshooting.

I tried posting on fordfusionclub, but there is a lame mandatory post count before I can make a new topic.

I vote lemon - I have none of those issues. Knock on wood it's been pretty good so far.

You dont have the driver assist package with auto high beams, do you? Also, the rattle might be coming from the little piece behind the door handles. There was a tsb for that.

Even with the package they shouldn't behave like that, if anything they should turn off way before a car approaches.........hell mine turn off due to streetlights. Mine are over cautious.

But he didn't realize he even had the feature, so perhaps he thought it was turning on randomly and not turning off. Whereas it was functioning as designed and turning off before they caused a problem for drivers ahead. Mine have done the same thing from time to time where I can see people ahead of me and it doesn't shut off instantly but rather when they were a certain distance and their lights were bright enough to recognize. Of course how bright the person ahead of you headlights/rear lights are also play into this.

Also he didn't mention where this occurs. I agree if its on lit streets then it could still be a problem. But if its occurring on back roads/unlit highways Then it may be operating as expected.

Edited by jinx8402

For the headlight high beam issue, we were on a lit street pulling away from the in-laws house. I leave the lights on "auto", so I never touch the switch. As I was pulling out, the street lit up brighter and then I noticed the high beam indicator (blue bulb indicator) was on. I turned them off and within a few seconds the high beams went on again. I turned them off again. This went on 4 times total. The cars were crossing in front of me as we were approaching a street light when they got beamed. So it wasn't their tail lights or headlights. They were just crossing in front of me at a bad time. I was getting pissed and the wife said it happened to her a few days back. The rest of the drive home nothing happened, all went fine.

So, do the high beams turn on automatically if you're on a dark road?

The auto high beams is a separate setting from the auto headlights. The high beams turn on when the ambient lighting outside is dark enough for them to come on. The fact that the cars were crossing you is why they didn't shut off.

You can change just the auto high beam setting on/off without affecting the auto headlights by using the left instrument cluster screen. I believe it's under: Settings>Vehicle>Lighting>Auto Highbeam.

• Like 1

^ ouch J. What a bummer. I hope my issues don't start stacking up like yours. I can't believe all the problems with my new vehicles. My 09 Edge was bulletproof. Only saw the dealer once for a leaking axle seal. 2010 Fusion (lease) never saw the dealer, only for oil changes. I was debating on a new truck in a year or so and will seriously look at what the competitors have to offer. The shitty part is that I have to sit at the dealer for all this. My wife needs the car to get to work. She is way too uncomfortable driving my truck and will get into an accident worrying too much. So, I follow her to work 16 miles, then take the car in to the dealer. I have to wait there because it's not like I can bring my road bicycle in the car and it's too far for the courtesy vehicle to take me home. I may ask for a rental and have them keep the fusion until all problems are fixed.

But he didn't realize he even had the feature, so perhaps he thought it was turning on randomly and not turning off. ...........................Also he didn't mention where this occurs. I agree if its on lit streets then it could still be a problem. But if its occurring on back roads/unlit highways Then it may be operating as expected.

I'd agree.........but given his issue with the warning chimes & radio volume = he may have some electronic gremlins.

Check out the banner year I've had with mine.

http://2gfusions.com/index.php/topic,3927.0.html

Yikes, you have way more patience than I would - I'd have thrown in the towel by now. Hope it gets better.

Hydro, regarding your auto high beams. Rather than fumbling thru the settings menus and trying to disable your auto high beams there while trying to drive, just switch you headlight control switch from "auto" to "on". It will shut off your auto high beams. Works on my car like a charm, and is helpful when following someone on a windy highway because your sensor "loses" the car in the corners and switches the high beams on and off constantly as you go in and out of corners.

• Like 2

Hydro, regarding your auto high beams. Rather than fumbling thru the settings menus and trying to disable your auto high beams there while trying to drive, just switch you headlight control switch from "auto" to "on". It will shut off your auto high beams. Works on my car like a charm, and is helpful when following someone on a windy highway because your sensor "loses" the car in the corners and switches the high beams on and off constantly as you go in and out of corners.

Hey that's a new one that didn't know about. I'll have to give that a shot. I really love the auto highbeam feature, but there are some times that I would like to disable it (IE fog, heavy snow fall) without having to mess with setting menu.

I gave up... The build on these cars is complete crap. Thinking of buying the service manual and doing it my self.

The whole freaking car rattles like crap. Now I know why everyone buys the Japanese auto makers... Ford - been there done that, waste of my eff*ing life. I've personally been do the dealership 13 times for problems with the car.

I know the frustration. If you see the link I posted I had to ride Fords ass to get them to acknowledge me, and finally compensate me, so you need to do the same. Has it fixed the problem yet? No. But it's given me peace of mind for when the 3rd year passes by and a reason to jump on a Fusion ST if it comes out.

I love the car, just not this particular one.