Where is this country really headed?

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101650260

The dollar index—a measure of the currency against a basket of its global competitors—is trading below the critical 80 mark, the lowest level since last October. The euro has soared to a seven-week high, and the British pound is hovering at the highest point since August 2009.
Bottom line: Tapering isn't having the tightening effect that was predicted, both on on the dollar and on Treasurys.
"The wide consensus entering the year of Fed tapering equaling a stronger U.S. dollar has not come to fruition because on the stage of (quantitative easing), the Fed's balance sheet is only exceeded by the (Bank of Japan) as a percent of GDP," wrote Peter Boockvar of The Lindsey Group.

The tapering is just that, and eventually it will have the effect that is expected, but I'm not surpised that you doubt it, nor that you left this part of the equation out.

Another reason traders cite: Strong demand for European assets, particularly debt of euro zone periphery nations including Spain and Italy.
Spanish 10-year bonds have been hot lately, with the yield dropping below 3 percent for the first time ever after trading above 14 percent at one point during the region's debt crisis. In other words, money has been rushing into those bond markets in euros.
"The (currency) market will probably react more to that (demand for European assets), than to any further move in relative rates," said Kit Juckes, currency strategist at Societe Generale,

Yeah, you didn't mention that because it doesn't fit your bias against the fed and deficit spending. I love the part about being the lowest point in seven months. However when you look at the 5 year chart you'll notice that the dollar is up overall from 2011, and is relatively stable.

file.gif?z04b00f0az1e33fc427ff74529b92c4

I guess i still don't see where this dramatic plunge is going to come from, given that deficit spending is down.

I'm really starting to think this is getting way out of hand. What is next? Kill and process your own chicken at the house and call the USDA to get it inspected or your house will be raided?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/14/Dept-Of-Agriculture-Orders-Submachine-Guns-With-30-Round-Magazines

the Dept. of Agriculture wants the guns to have an "ambidextrous safety, semiautomatic or 2 round [bursts] trigger group, Tritium night sights front and rear, rails for attachment of flashlight (front under fore group) and scope (top rear), stock collapsible or folding," and a "30 rd. capacity" magazine.

They also want the submachine guns to have a "sling," be "lightweight," and have an "oversized trigger guard for gloved operation."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/15/Dept-of-Agriculture-Orders-Ballistic-Body-Armor

"The U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General," seeks "Body Armor [that] is gender specific, lightweight, [having] trauma plate/pad (hard or soft), [and] concealable carrier." The order includes "tactical vest, undergarment (white), identification patches, accessories (6 pouches), body armor carry bag, and professional measurements."