Where is this country really headed?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/10/us/nevada-rancher-rangers-cattle-showdown/

"The federal government has seized Nevada's sovereignty ... they have seized Nevada's laws and our public land. We have no access to our public land and that is only a little bit of it," he said.

This week, Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval told the bureau of residents' criticism of the roundup.

What Sandoval said he found "most disturbing" was the BLM's use of a "First Amendment area" that confined protesters to a designated area.

Such an area "tramples upon Nevadans' fundamental rights under the U.S. Constitution," Sandoval said. "No cow justifies the atmosphere of intimidation which currently exists nor the limitation of constitutional rights that are sacred to all Nevadans."
In response, federal officials are allowing the protesters to gather on public lands as long as they don't impede the roundup, said Lueders, the BLM's director in Nevada.

Bundy is digging in for a long fight.

"I've been fighting this for a number of years. It's not about my cows, I'll tell you that much," he said at a town meeting on Wednesday night. "It's about freedom and liberty and our Constitution ... and above all it's about our policing power. Who has policing power today?"

With the growing controversy, it was uncertain Thursday how long the cattle roundup will now last. At Wednesday night's meeting, residents gave Bundy a standing ovation when he publicly spoke.

"I love you people. And I love this land, and I love freedom and liberty," Bundy told the crowd. "I know without doubt that our Constitution didn't provide for anything like the federal government owning this land, and so when I pay my grazing fees -- if I owe any grazing fees -- I will sure pay it to the right landlord, and that will be to Clark County, Nevada."

Funny, he's illegally grazing his cattle on Federal land, because he's not paying the associated fees. Somehow Bundy feels ENTITLED to do that. Just another so-called patriot who wants to get over on the system and gets support from conservatives.

My thought is if you're not paying like everyone else then you don't deserve to use the land. I do like the bit about owning land though. Nothing like having your politics fit your desire to get a free lunch.

Edited by Langston Hughes

The Constitution states that the Federal Government can own land for these purposes:

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17

double_line.gif

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of Particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--

The only thing that would remotely resemble this clause is the BLM building for the Desert Turtle. The turtle has been declared and endangered species for which the government spent a few million dollars to build a facility to help the poor turtle. It was being funded mainly through new building permits but since the housing bust, the facility couldn’t stay in operation. But of course you could always try and squeeze more money from the local ranchers. However, the program and building are destined to close the end of this year and the BLM seem to be euthanizing many of the “endangered” turtles. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/25/desert-tortoise_n_3813133.html

Today a breaking story has surfaced with Harry Reid in the middle of this. Seems he has been helping some Chinese investors that want to build a solar plant. You can’t have cows wandering around amongst the mirrors. http://www.infowars.com/breaking-sen-harry-reid-behind-blm-land-grab-of-bundy-ranch/

Funny, he's illegally grazing his cattle on Federal land, because he's not paying the associated fees. Somehow Bundy feels ENTITLED to do that. Just another so-called patriot who wants to get over on the system and gets support from conservatives.

My thought is if you're not paying like everyone else then you don't deserve to use the land. I do like the bit about owning land though. Nothing like having your politics fit your desire to get a free lunch.

Look deeper my son, don't always look for the easy way out.

Look deeper my son, don't always look for the easy way out.

I'd say the same to you, but you seem to like to take the side of anti-government whether or not it's correct. Bundy is just another user who feels he's entitled to getting over on the rest of us and you're willing to enable him. Good job.

http://www.law.umaryland.edu/marshall/crsreports/crsdocuments/RL34267_12032007.pdf

Edited by Langston Hughes

The Constitution states that the Federal Government can own land for these purposes:

Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17

double_line.gif

To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of Particular States, and the Acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings;--

The only thing that would remotely resemble this clause is the BLM building for the Desert Turtle. The turtle has been declared and endangered species for which the government spent a few million dollars to build a facility to help the poor turtle. It was being funded mainly through new building permits but since the housing bust, the facility couldn’t stay in operation. But of course you could always try and squeeze more money from the local ranchers. However, the program and building are destined to close the end of this year and the BLM seem to be euthanizing many of the “endangered” turtles. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/25/desert-tortoise_n_3813133.html

Today a breaking story has surfaced with Harry Reid in the middle of this. Seems he has been helping some Chinese investors that want to build a solar plant. You can’t have cows wandering around amongst the mirrors. http://www.infowars.com/breaking-sen-harry-reid-behind-blm-land-grab-of-bundy-ranch/

Did you happen to forget that article 4, section 3, clause 2 exists.

The Congress shall have power to dispose of and make all needful rules and regulations respecting the territory or other property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to prejudice any claims of the United States, or of any particular state.

So I guess this explains a lot; Langston must be property of the US government. This seems to fit: The Congress shall have the power to dispose of, and make all needful rules and regulations, respecting the property... "Dispose of" sounds kind of harsh.

I'd say the same to you, but you seem to like to take the side of anti-government whether or not it's correct. Bundy is just another user who feels he's entitled to getting over on the rest of us and you're willing to enable him. Good job.

http://www.law.umaryland.edu/marshall/crsreports/crsdocuments/RL34267_12032007.pdf

Oh, the irony of those words.

In another conversation, it could have been a conservative rejecting the demands of those who feel they're entitled to getting over on the rest of us. Ala, not entitled to because they didn't pay for it.

And this story isn't about a turtle, it's about the government collecting it's vig.

So I guess this explains a lot; Langston must be property of the US government. This seems to fit: The Congress shall have the power to dispose of, and make all needful rules and regulations, respecting the property... "Dispose of" sounds kind of harsh.

I thought in wake of Kirby's posts that we were laying off of the personal attacks. My bad. You're being a dick, X.

Oh, the irony of those words.

In another conversation, it could have been a conservative rejecting the demands of those who feel they're entitled to getting over on the rest of us. Ala, not entitled to because they didn't pay for it.

And this story isn't about a turtle, it's about the government collecting it's vig.

See, you do support entitlement. You just prefer to support people who feel entitled to taking millions.

Langston, if you are not owned by the government, try, on occasion, to act like it. You don't seem to have any rights that you are not happy to concede to the government. You beg for them to take more of your money, to own all of the guns, to control your healthcare, and your retirement, determine who should be allowed to speak, to tell you what kind of car you can drive, and where you can drive it, and even to punish you for having bad motivations. And all of this is perfectly okay so long as they provide plentiful abortions and free birth control. You even believe that the government can predict and control the climate, and that is a lot more complex than the economy and we can all see what a great job they are doing with that. I am not being a dick, I am just trying to understand what could compel someone to think the way you do.

People don't attack you, they attack the silly things you support so blindly. Did you ever consider this: you work for an auto manufacturer, might it be a good idea to support things that might help people be able to buy cars? Or at least be able to afford to buy fuel to put into them? Or are you really better served when people spend the money on over-priced healthcare insurance instead? Just maybe building that Keystone pipeline might just drop the price of gas a bit, or is it really better to see to it that gas prices stay high to help wean us away from our cars? You can't seem to figure out which side of your own bread is buttered.

The problem is that people like you want to do stupid things like increasing the minimum wage and pushing another 3 million out of work. If you post a job opening right now you don't get a few applicants you get hundreds or even thousands. How do you think that adding another 3 million will effect that? What effect does that have on wages? It isn't good. Your people are so bad at math that they fail to comprehend that decreasing the number of unemployed is a better fix to income inequality than decreasing the income of those that are still working. But punishing the rich is so much easier than helping the poor and middle class.

• Like 2

X,

If I blindly attacked the government even when it's not wrong would that please you? Of course you only want me to oppose the government when it's a democrat in charge.

Bundy is typical of every other anti-government freeloader out there. Uses our land and then decides he doesn't owe us for it. Then hides behind the snake oil of bad constitutional beliefs and appeals to the conspiracy theorists. Of course all you anti-gubment types come crawling out of your holes to defend him.

Since I know you don't like this outcome are you saying you like when the Feds are hard?

Mr Cap..........I have no idea if this family is telling the truth, or blowing smoke, but I did see the news video of the support they received from regular people in the area, along with many outsiders showing up.

You DO understand that this type of demonstration poses severe problems for progressives don't you? On the one hand they support countless illegal demonstrations by radical people, including those from "occupy Wall Street" in an attempt to transfer student debt ILLEGALLY back to taxpayers while defecating all over everything. Or how about all the illegal immigrants who are here against our laws who are SUPPOSED to be hiding in the shadows but; are actually marching down the main streets in cities protesting they want their.........rights?!?!?!?! Authorities do nothing, but here the system is going to corral some cows, lol. And when people protest that ARE American citizens, why the beuracracy of course, (BLM) wants to shoot them with tasers.

If you notice------->more and more conservative people, are banding together in protest; kinda like the lefts professional miscreants that labor unions pay for to march, but the right is doing it for free, and mean it. More and more people have had it, they are getting involved, and that bodes very badly for the left. Let us see how badly the usually silent majority sticks it to them, come November.