Roll up Tonneau cover

Drivenhard

After all the discussion here, I ordered and just received a a Truxedo Lo Profile QT cover. Haven't put it on yet, but looking at it I found the Velcro they used to be of much higher quality than I've seen on older covers. I think this newer Velcro will hold up better than the older generation products did. I think many older Velcro covers used adhesive tape on the bed which would never hold up well. The cover I bought has it pre-installed on bars that clamp to the bed. The Velcro is under tension and is designed to move with the cover during expansion and contraction. We'll see how it does.

Yep the Velcro is much higher quality now. Sewed to the tonneau and pre-installed on the bars. A much better system IMHO.

I have a Truxedo Low Pro on my 2011 F350. The Velcro last me about 2 years then I have to call and have them send me out new velco ( hook side that slides into the rails) The loop side is sewn into the cover and not possible to change out.

My cover right now basically connects at the 4 corners of the bed. The sides blow and bellow with any cross wind.

I would seriously love to order something different for my new 2015 truck that is coming. But I pull a GN horse trailer several times a week and need something that allows use of the bed. But I often haul tools and lumber and like to be able to cover the bed in weather or when I park at Home depot.

I have a Truxedo Low Pro on my 2011 F350. The Velcro last me about 2 years then I have to call and have them send me out new velco ( hook side that slides into the rails) The loop side is sewn into the cover and not possible to change out.

My cover right now basically connects at the 4 corners of the bed. The sides blow and bellow with any cross wind.

I would seriously love to order something different for my new 2015 truck that is coming. But I pull a GN horse trailer several times a week and need something that allows use of the bed. But I often haul tools and lumber and like to be able to cover the bed in weather or when I park at Home depot.

They wouldn't cover the top? I think the current warranty does, as long as it's not "abused". "Covers everything even the fabric " Edited by Drivenhard

• 2 weeks later...

They will warranty it as long as you have the receipt showing you are the original buyer of the product.

In the 5 years I've had my current cover, I've misplaced that receipt. But I did buy new velcro and new vinyl two years ago when a strong cross wind ripped it off my truck. They expect me to maintain receipts for 5 years, But can't look at their sales records for two years ago.

The reason the wind ripped it off was because the velcro was not holding the edges down and the wind got underneath the cover. Its too big a bother to have to replace the velcro every 18-24 months. I'm looking into other types of covers.

They will warranty it as long as you have the receipt showing you are the original buyer of the product.

In the 5 years I've had my current cover, I've misplaced that receipt. But I did buy new velcro and new vinyl two years ago when a strong cross wind ripped it off my truck. They expect me to maintain receipts for 5 years, But can't look at their sales records for two years ago.

The reason the wind ripped it off was because the velcro was not holding the edges down and the wind got underneath the cover. Its too big a bother to have to replace the velcro every 18-24 months. I'm looking into other types of covers.

Good luck on your search! I found the Truxedo was probably the best roll up for the budget I had. I buy on Amazon, so I always have access to an invoice. Thanks for your comments.