CT6 engines reveal

Fgts

I'm not arguing against the CUVs launches but even with on-par dynamics the sedan Cadillacs still cost thousands less then a similar equipment Benz/Bimmer. The "thrifty luxury" crowd which Caddy was attracting is already headed to Buick or buying a XTS.

No. The PREVIOUS CTS was a bargain compared to the 5-Series. THIS model is not. $2500 cheaper? That's what? A dollar a month on a comparable lease?

And denigrating the 'thrifty luxury crowd' as though Cadillac were somehow above that? I'm sorry but you can look at the sales figures. Cadillac can't command a premium for anything other than CUVs and SUVs...... .you know, the products that they don't like making and don't like updating and don't like selling.

Edited by RichardJensen

Really? The 728 is the only (n)28 that has a straight 6?

BMW completely phased out naturally aspirated inline sixes after 2011. Currently, 228i, 328i/428i, 528i all use the N20 turbo inline four, while 235i, 335i/435i, 535i, 640i, and 740i use the N55 turbo inline six.

Even though the N20 is among the smoothest, most refined four cylinder engines extant (better than the GM LTG engine in Cadillac ATS & CTS, I'll admit), some BMW enthusiasts miss the naturally aspirated N52 inline six used in 128i, 328i, and 528i prior to MY 2012.

No. The PREVIOUS CTS was a bargain compared to the 5-Series. THIS model is not. $2500 cheaper? That's what? A dollar a month on a comparable lease?

And denigrating the 'thrifty luxury crowd' as though Cadillac were somehow above that? I'm sorry but you can look at the sales figures. Cadillac can't command a premium for anything other than CUVs and SUVs...... .you know, the products that they don't like making and don't like updating and don't like selling.

Benz E-Class had a whopping 43% drop from YTD Feb, same for CTS and the Bimmer had a 5% drop. I don't have March figures also the CTS lost 2 bodystyles and still selling in the midsize luxury range. If more of the cheapos were buying XTS-like cars i'm sure Cadillac would be developing more cars like it.

As far as "don't like selling " Cadillac is about to introduce 3-4 new CUVs on top of what's offered, that doesn't sound like they don't wanna sell them.

As far as "don't like selling " Cadillac is about to introduce 3-4 new CUVs on top of what's offered, that doesn't sound like they don't wanna sell them.

Yes. They don't like them, but they'll build them.......eventually.

I didn't say that Cadillac *refused* to build CUVs, but it is evident from their business plan that they would rather play catch-up in a segment where they provide in practical terms zero reason to switch, as opposed to a segment where they actually have a measure of credibility and pricing power.

And if you can justify that approach in terms of dollars and cents, which are, ultimately, the arbiters of success in this industry..........................

What's at point here is Cadillac's misplaced priorities in developing three Cars first to go chase BMW,

that vanity and hubris has cost a lot of money and and a lot of past Cadillac buyers GM has ignored

Escalade and SRX were beacons to the huge income and profits available by fleshing out the Utility side of the business first

Had Cadillac done that first with say two Alpha Utilites, the whole vehicle package would have been easier to justify

in terms of being self funding. as it now looks, Alpha is a steaming mess that needs to be swept up by Camaro.

Edited by jpd80