Factory Remote start

Anyone else have issues with it acting flaky at times?

This is what I normally do:

Hit the lock button to make sure its locked

Hit the remote start button 2x...all that happens at times is the lights flash and it doesn't start.

Car has enough gas in it and it happens intermintly...but has no rhyme or reason why its doing what its doing.

I have not experienced that with my MKZ (I remember you and I discussing the 13 MKZ while we were waiting for its arrival) and you purchased your SHO just a little before I bought my Z. It seems to work from an incredible distance but it won’t function through a tree I’ve noticed. I need to have a clear, unimpeded view of the car which it sounds like you have as you mentioned you can see the lights flash. Good luck with it and I hope it doesn’t turn into an issue.

I don't have remote start on my truck, but I have noticed that the remote unlock was being finicky for the last couple of weeks. The lock would work perfectly every time, but the unlock was hit or miss. It seems to have straightened itself out, but I was getting ready to try a new battery in the remote.

my 2011 truck did that especially under the pipe racks as I was leaving work. It seems the surrounding metal interfered? At home is was spot on and in open parking lots. Our new cars (2014-15) are even better. Hell, my 2011F150 wouldn't allow the drivers window to roll down manually after a remote start hiccup. That Effing truck was not Ford's bread and butter. i hope they cleaned their act up?

as noted from above, i never set my parking brake and auto start bworks fine on both new vehicles. Even the F150 would start w/out it.,

Edited by Hydro

Well I feel like an idiot...I think the problem is that I was "double clicking" the lock door button before doing the same to remote start button.

I had to ride over to a building next to where I work at and tired a single click to lock and a double click to start...worked both times! I'll have to play with it more to see if that is the problem or not.