Ford China joint venture acquires factory in $1.1 billion deal

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ford-china-joint-venture-acquires-134318643.html
The factory will increase Changan Ford's production in China by 200,000 vehicles annually to help meet the country's growing demand for passenger vehicles.. ...The revamped factory will begin producing Changan Ford cars in the second half of 2016, Li said.

Looks like more good news out of China, probably a much faster way to up production then building a new plant from the ground up.

Edited by jasonj80

This may be good news for the short term, but long term I'm not sure. For one, the US auto mfrs. must enter a joint venture with a Chinese mfr. if they want to do business there. Furthermore the Chinese companies are siphoning millions of dollars of technology and patents from US mfrs. And then I just read the other day that nationalization will be next! So I say, we (US) should do the same!

This may be good news for the short term, but long term I'm not sure. For one, the US auto mfrs. must enter a joint venture with a Chinese mfr. if they want to do business there. Furthermore the Chinese companies are siphoning millions of dollars of technology and patents from US mfrs. And then I just read the other day that nationalization will be next! So I say, we (US) should do the same!

You misunderstand what is happening here, the locals want all those foreign brands more than Chinese brands,

the intellectual property is not being shared with Chinese partners because those partners are actually owned by

the Chinese government who s taking a healthy cut for all the profits ... without nationalizing anything.

The Chinese communists play the capitalist game better than the West.

Edited by jpd80