Read the contract!!!!!!!please

rainman01

If the Union and the Company followed the contract, we wouldn't need this board. Our contract means nill!!

I agree with you so much. In fact when we finally got a copy of our local contract, it went in the garbabage. Too little, too late. Bottom line, most everything depends on "Company discretion". :doh:

I agree with you so much. In fact when we finally got a copy of our local contract, it went in the garbabage. Too little, too late. Bottom line, most everything depends on "Company discretion". :doh:

Don't forget the addendum "by mutual agreement between the parties"!

Don't forget the addendum "by mutual agreement between the parties"!

You are right! Forgot about that! Plus, if management wants to do something that the UAW doesn't want, all they have to do is play the Ace Card. Well we could always close the plant! :shrug:

Doesn't matter, "Let me get back to you on that". "Its past practice." "They can do that." :kissass:

Shall I go on? :rant:

If people would read the contract, i bet that this site would be fun instead of all the BULLS$%!!!!!!!!!!

YEP!!! at NAP they make the contract up as they go. And the Union let's them. A lot of people don't realize what goes on at NAP. Right now they are cutting jobs for the 120 day letter but they are not going to fill any jobs that people have bidded on, that people retired from or moved to other jobs. We have 3 jobs in my zone that need filling but the company says there's no need to fill them the plant is closing. BUT, even tho the plant is closing, they are trying to cut 4 different jobs, ran 2 different time trials yesterday. :shrug: WTF!!! and not a UAW rep in site!!!! GOT TO LOVE IT!!!!

I keep reading about how nobody follows the contract or it means nil or I got it and thru it in the trash. Not a single person I ever hear that complains about the company or union not following the contract can ever produce any actual documentation to back up these statements.

Just once I would like to see a grevience or DA showing a contract violation and in the case of a grevience a settled one. (All documents must state article #)

Times may be tough right now but I for one am glad we have a contract. Just try to imagine what it would be like if there was nothing between us and the company. Expecially in a state like Michigan ( A free will employment state.) where a company does not need a reason to terminate employment.

Bring on the Flaming Quotes

I keep reading about how nobody follows the contract or it means nil or I got it and thru it in the trash. Not a single person I ever hear that complains about the company or union not following the contract can ever produce any actual documentation to back up these statements.

Just once I would like to see a grevience or DA showing a contract violation and in the case of a grevience a settled one. (All documents must state article #)

Times may be tough right now but I for one am glad we have a contract. Just try to imagine what it would be like if there was nothing between us and the company. Expecially in a state like Michigan ( A free will employment state.) where a company does not need a reason to terminate employment.

Bring on the Flaming Quotes

Builderdad,

You are being a good union person, but a little naive!!!!

The only thing the company will not mess with is your money!!!!! Why? Cause that is in black and white....no doubt about it, they lose!!!!! Everything else is up for grabs!!!!!

Did you know you can't sue the union???????? (let me rephrase that------------------->they insist you can't under contract, but a loophole has been found, lolol)

So then, if the union doesn't hold up YOUR end of the contract as far as rules stipulations, you have no recourse. Who you gonna sue for damages?

At our plant, we have a running joke------------->the plant manager has a blackboard on which the local agreement is chalked in. Whenever one of the rules gets in his way, he just ERASES it, and puts in what works for him, lololol!!!!!!

That doesn't mean he is a bad guy; he has a job to do and takes it seriously. That doesn't mean our local union is bad either, it means they have certain steps that have to be followed under the contract to settle it; and they usually try........and kudos to them for that.

But then, 2,3,4, 6 months down the road you have a solution to a decision that screwed you over sooooooo long ago. BIG DEAL!!!!!!!! The decisions take longer than Ford losing 1 or 2 hundred million bucks; so that tells you it is almost a waste of time. Especially since the contract probably was opened and reclosed at least 2 times in the interim, so what are the rules now is more pertinent than what were the rules then, lol.

Again---------->when it comes to money and bennies, Ford will not screw ya.........everything else is fair game since a suit over it is about as probable as the Cubs winning the World Series this year!!!!!(or next year, or forever more for that matter, lolololololol)

Brother I have been card carrying for over 25 years. The only contract violations on the floor( not counting the trades they get screwed daily) that I see people bitch about are the ones that they think exist because somebody else told them that they do. Or when somebody is acually made to do their job for which they are classified for but dont feel that they should have to because of their classification. (Utility, C&A. Group Leader,Repair......)

Brother I have been card carrying for over 25 years. The only contract violations on the floor( not counting the trades they get screwed daily) that I see people bitch about are the ones that they think exist because somebody else told them that they do. Or when somebody is acually made to do their job for which they are classified for but dont feel that they should have to because of their classification. (Utility, C&A. Group Leader,Repair......)

very true, I just see alot of bitching on this site. ALOT OF RUMORS!!!!!!!! if it wasnt rumors i could really get some work done while i am getting paid. Not do the paper work on my own time.!!!!!

In all plants it seems that trades are getting the shaft when it comes to this with more and more people turning thier backs to what is right. Until someone gets hurt BAD or KILLED no one cares.