Gawker Proves Me Right Again

BlackHorse

Yes, like assuming that I don't like the FR-S just beause it's not 400 hp while I'm driving a 300 hp car. That was indeed a real gem.

Where did I say "just because"?

He hates the car because it doesn't have 400 hp, therefore anyone who likes the car is a wanker.

No it's not relative.

200 hp sports car from Scion costs almost as much as Mustang GT or SS Camaro and easily as much as a loaded up V6 Mustang or V6 Camaro, all of which will and have easily outperformed said FR-S in more than one comparison test. There's nothing relative about it. It's overpriced and underpowered. A Toyota Camry 2.5 generates more torque than the FR-S motor.

But what if I hate the mustang and camaro styling but love the FR-S and BRZ styling? What if I value handling and the way it feels in the corners over pure acceleration?

To me a $5K Rolex watch on sale for $1K is overpriced. But for someone who loves Rolexes it's a screaming deal.

But what if I hate the mustang and camaro styling but love the FR-S and BRZ styling? What if I value handling and the way it feels in the corners over pure acceleration?

To me a $5K Rolex watch on sale for $1K is overpriced. But for someone who loves Rolexes it's a screaming deal.

What if the sky was olive green. What if submarines had screen doors.

The FR-S is a sales failure precisely because of the reasons I already posted.

I'd like to take a moment to recognize the beautifully circular logic of the original post:

Paraphrased:

'I don't like Gawker articles because I don't like Gawker articles. I didn't like this Gawker article because it was like other Gawker articles. Therefore Gawker proved me right. I don't like Gawker articles.'

So Jalopnik has an article about some guy who drove an FR-S and changed his mind about it. In the article he typed

Really, your suede loafers? Proof yet again that the gawker website articles are authored entirely by douchebag hipsters who sit around Starbucks and write their articles.

Come to think of it, this car is perfect for this loser. No wonder he likes it so much.

http://carbuying.jalopnik.com/i-changed-my-mind-about-the-scion-fr-s-and-you-should-t-1714770057

What kind of hipster drinks coffee at fucking Starbucks? Have you met a Hipster?

What kind of hipster drinks coffee at fucking Starbucks? Have you met a Hipster?

"Where's my coffee from? This little place in a back alley. You've probably never heard of it. They only serve cold brew, organic, responsibly-harvested, fair trade, ultra sustainable beans. And their cups are made from recycled Birkenstocks."

I'd like to take a moment to recognize the beautifully circular logic of the original post:

Paraphrased:

'I don't like Gawker articles because I don't like Gawker articles. I didn't like this Gawker article because it was like other Gawker articles. Therefore Gawker proved me right. I don't like Gawker articles.'

That was pretty good. Now let me paraphrase Richard Jensen logic.

Ford is perfect, all other brands suck, because I Richard Jensen say so and I know what I'm talking about because I'm Richard Jensen.

Too bad about all the claims you got wrong though ay?

You've made it well known that you think pony cars with 300-400 hp are far better than other sports cars with less.

I didn't make any such thing well known. You just inferred that. My point is simply this. If a car company is going to introduce a sports coupe in the American market than it only makes sense that given it's price point it should be able to compete at the same level of other sports coupes at that same price point. You don't see me ragging the Mustang or Camaro because they aren't as fast or peform as well as the Corvette. This is pretty basic logic but instead you just wanted to make an argument out of it. It's pretty hyprocritical coming from the guy who basically shut down a whole section of this forum for doing exactly what you're doing on this thread.

Pretty much all of them do.

And we're done here. You clearly don't know what a 'hipster' is, or why such a creature would not be patronizing Starbucks.

And since we are attempting to use a single language here, we do need to have a certain basic agreement regarding the meanings of words.

Your refusal to accede to common understandings of terms as nonspecific as 'minority' or as specific as 'hipster' has passed over from amusing to annoying for me, and I'm therefore closing this thread.

Start another one on such a similarly ridiculous subject at your peril.

Edited by RichardJensen
  • Like 1